140-Thuenaman vrs. Sanders

145-Courtney vrs. Banks

152-Cooper vrs. Wolsifier

160-Fyffe vrs. Hildreth

171-Starks vrs. Doyle

189-Starks vrs. Winters

215-Scherer vrs. Byrd

275-Clark vrs. Goodwrench

Why don't we just say who we think the two best wrestlers at each class are ? After all, the state tourney isn't seeded.

Wosiefer won't beat Cooper. Casson didn't get smoked against Wolsiefer, Brownfield beat Casson, and Cooper blew out Brownfield (pin). Wolsiefer also beat Brian Wilson that night, so it wasn't that he wrestled bad. Unless he's a control wrestler, but i'm hearing most of his wins were by pin fall. Which is kind of contrary to the notion of a guy being a control wrestler winning by a few all the time.

Hildreth will have to do a lot better to make the finals. He got smoked by a guy from Tennessee, and then Walls turned around and smoked the Tennesse guy at that tourney.

Assuming the seeding and draws work out- 1st line is finals, 2nd line is 3rd/4th

103- Sullivan over Spencer

Parks over Zeppa

112- Zarth over Luna

Lewis over Puckett

119- Muerner over Wood

Smith over Voth

125- Scott over Warner

Baines over Veach

130- Parker over Peace

Butler over Bowlds

135- Murton over anyone (Howard)

Ashbrook over Griggs

140- Thuneman over Powers

Mines over Kiper

145- Courtney over Aylor

Cooper over Ervin

152- Wolsiefer over Cooper

Sanders over Wheeler

160- Hildreth over Fyffe

King over Walls

171- Rupp over Starks

Jones over Reid

189- Starks over Ashworth

Winninger over Chany

215- Sherer over anyone (byrd)

Stone over Dow

275- Hardin over Young

Goodrich over Clark

MOW- Zarth (trust me)

Teams:

1 Woodford County (no one will be close)

2 Ryle

3 Larue

4 trinity

5 South Oldham

103- Parks

112- Lewis

119- Murner

125- Scott (would have been Parks)

130- Butler

135- Murton

140- Thueneman

145- Courtney

152- Wolsiefer

160- Fyffe

171- Starks

189- Starks

215- Byrd

275- Goodrich

9 champs for Woodford. Mark it, it WILL happen!

Teams

1. Woodford

2. South Oldham

3. Ryle

I think you all are underestimating Oldham County. Not the high school, but the county as a whole. Look at the strong wrestlers there that have a shot at state.

103- Zeppa

112- Zeppa, Vaughn

119- Muerner, Warner

125- Scott, Warner

130- Theotraous, Kusnir, Morlatt

171- Houchens

189- Wenninger

215- Scherer ( done and done)

275- Young

That's 9 weightclasses that could come out of the county. South Oldham is a powerhouse, Oldham County is a top rate team, and North Oldham is an excellant young program. Living in Oldham I have seen these guys vs. some of the top in the state. Look at the rankings, decisions, etc. and I think you will find that I am correct. Take for example 189. Wenninger is an excellant technical wrestler, and if he's at tip top shape, he'll beat Starks. Warner at 125 is one of the smartest wrestlers in the state. Scott at 125 walked through state last year. Scherer is a monster, 2x champ, beat the tennesee champ 2x now. He is unstoppable, and will handle Byrd in short order. Houchens at 171 is one of the better young wrestlers in the state. At 130 all three of them are solid wrestlers, and excellant atheletes. The zeppa brothers at 3 and 12 are veteran grapplers. Young at 275 is not only has strength but skills in folk and free style. I have watched these guys for years now in boht wrestling and football, Oldham County has excellant atheletes, coaches, and work ethics among the kids. Do not be surprised when 9 of the 14 weightclasses have champs from Oldham County. Teamwise, I believe that South will upset Woodford.

Why would you bet against a Cooper as a senior? Craig 152 state champ, Brad 3X state champ, Kyle 145 state champ, Neal 152 state champ, Austin....

I think being a Cooper, a senior, and a state champ run hand in hand.

yea having a non champion cooper in his senior year is a sure thing for a title.

olympic wish all those woodford guys as champs would be great but thats completely unrealistic.

byrd wont win this year so we ll wait until this time next year to put him down as a champion.

Butler is good but state champ.

I think courtney will get beat by cooper. I have nothing against the guy but i just dont see this being his year and trust me i would love to see another 4 timer.

parks winning at 103? same thing as the other woodford boys previously mentioned with sullivan and carr at 103 this is not his year.

The best pic for woodford to win besides lewis at 112 and the starks brothers would have to goodrich this is his year. Mike clark isnt gunna know what hit him and jason hardin and the rest of his followers in southern jeff county are gunna be shocked cause I see him pulling the upset over "big" mike clark

Trinity over South Oldam

Why would you bet against a Cooper as a senior? Craig 152 state champ' date=' Brad 3X state champ, Kyle 145 state champ, Neal 152 state champ, Austin....

I think being a Cooper, a senior, and a state champ run hand in hand.[/quote']

That puts more and more pressure on every younger Cooper, but your right, there's no stoping them.

Olympic wish, you are a fool. You've watched too many "Da bears" skits on Saturday night live. Thats a satire, not a recommendation on how to make your picks.

By the way, Lewis escaped with a win over Luna. He may end up setting the runner up record at state after all.

I think you have some interesting picks. But I think Larue County can come out on top overall.

Assuming the seeding and draws work out- 1st line is finals' date=' 2nd line is 3rd/4th

Parks over Zeppa

112- Zarth over Luna

Lewis over Puckett

119- Muerner over Wood

Smith over Voth

125- Scott over Warner

Baines over Veach

130- Parker over Peace

Butler over Bowlds

Ashbrook over Griggs

Mines over Kiper

145- Courtney over Aylor

Cooper over Ervin

Sanders over Wheeler

160- Hildreth over Fyffe

King over Walls

171- Rupp over Starks

Jones over Reid

Winninger over Chany

Stone over Dow

275- Hardin over Young

Goodrich over Clark

MOW- Zarth (trust me)

Teams:

2 Ryle

3 Larue

4 trinity

5 South Oldham[/quote']

By the way' date=' Lewis escaped with a win over Luna. He may end up setting the runner up record at state after all.[/quote']

I think that would be held by Dion Washington. Dion was runner up to Danny Davis (Ft. Kn) 91 and Frank Wolnitzek (Holmes) 92-93.

So it's being said Cooper will win it because it runs in his bloodline?! Thats cute if thats your suggestion. Maybe if he's working his butt off, that could be a good reason why he wins state, but because of his last name? I'm not saying Wolsiefer will smoke cooper by any means, but he's an animal, and he works EXTREMEMLY hard everyday. I've been around a tid bit and can see when a kid has the tools to win state. Wolsiefer has them just as well as Cooper does. I actually wrestled cooper when he was younger and do realize he's a solid fundamental wrestler, but he's not unbeatable. And it would have been to Coopers advantage to have not dodged 152 at the dragon and wrestled Wolsiefer considering he has dramaticly altered his technique from the previous season, But o well, it will all unfold at state. :wink:

So it's being said Cooper will win it because it runs in his bloodline?! Thats cute if thats your suggestion. Maybe if he's working his butt off' date=' that could be a good reason why he wins state, but because of his last name? I'm not saying Wolsiefer will smoke cooper by any means, but he's an animal, and he works EXTREMEMLY hard everyday. I've been around a tid bit and can see when a kid has the tools to win state. Wolsiefer has them just as well as Cooper does. I actually wrestled cooper when he was younger and do realize he's a solid fundamental wrestler, but he's not unbeatable. And it would have been to Coopers advantage to have not dodged 152 at the dragon and wrestled Wolsiefer considering he has dramaticly altered his technique from the previous season, But o well, it will all unfold at state. :wink:[/quote']

You're assuming he dodged. Word has it, he's having a heck of a time making 152. He wrestled 160 in a duel with Campbell Co, and i'm almost certain Cooper wouldn't have dodged Brownfield in that duel at 152 after pinning him the first time. Ever think there could be a reason he went 160 ... like weight problems ? :wink:

Forfeit??? Are you crazy... and to save the embarassment... All i have to say is that Larue Co. squeked by with a win. If i was Canter i wouldnt be satisfied. Everyone knows LArue got lucky. You could have LArue and Woodford Co. duel 100 times and i think it would be 50/50 but in tournament format i see no way that Larue will win.

I wouldn't say lucky ... how do you figure especially since you said they'd split 50 / 50 ? They got a pin at 140 that doesn't usually happen, but last time the 171 didn't get pinned either. So that came out to a net gain for nobody.

Woodford will win in tournament format though.

Assuming the seeding and draws work out- 1st line is finals' date=' 2nd line is 3rd/4th

Parks over Zeppa

112- Zarth over Luna

Lewis over Puckett

119- Muerner over Wood

Smith over Voth

125- Scott over Warner

Baines over Veach

130- Parker over Peace

Butler over Bowlds

Ashbrook over Griggs

Mines over Kiper

145- Courtney over Aylor

Cooper over Ervin

Sanders over Wheeler

160- Hildreth over Fyffe

King over Walls

171- Rupp over Starks

Jones over Reid

Winninger over Chany

Stone over Dow

275- Hardin over Young

Goodrich over Clark

MOW- Zarth (trust me)

Teams:

2 Ryle

3 Larue

4 trinity

5 South Oldham[/quote']

first off 112 wont be zarth hes lost to luna twice and puckett and lewis both once 119 will either be wood or voth, voth if wood is unable to wrestle the rest look ok only other screw up may be at 160 i think fyffe has beaten hildreth this year

Travis Sullivan---(2nd could be any of these) Carr/Spencer/Parks/Voth

Coty Lewis----over---Joazuin Luna

Caleb Wood ----over----Daniel Murner

Derek Scott----over-----Ben Warner

Bryan Peace----over----Howard/Coleman

Jacob Murton---over---Ashbrook

Daniel Thuenerman—over---Mines/Golsby

Aylor over Banks/Cooper/Courtney/Wilson (in that order)

Cooper----over----Wolsiefer (no-one else close)

Walls----over----Fyffe (King/Hidreth will try and make a run)

Mark Jones---over Starks/Rupp/Zacur

Richard Starks ---over (no one close to him) Wenniger/Ashworth

Taylor Shearer -----over----Stone/Byrd

Hwt

Mike Clark -----over ----Jason Hardin/Hall