Sign in to follow this  
OldSchool85

Amelia?

Does anyone know when the Amelia tournament is?  I know its usually been the weekend after ohio state, but I'm having trouble finding it on the internet, any info is appreciated.

I am taking a 4 to this tourney.

Alex Dailey

Mark Jones

(My son) Kent Bachman

a friend of his that wrestles in Carslile OH.

I was just informed that Brandon Wren will be going with Holme's new coach.

Coach Price will be taking over the team.

He was Holmes assistant Coach a few years back and was at Newport last year.

I am glad to see him take the team he already knows the kids from coaching there and the technique change will not be drastic.

There was a good showing at Amelia yesterday.  The Ky teams I saw there were.

Boone Co.

Ryle

Holmes

Simon Kenton

Newport

Woodford Co.

NO OX (I think they are Central Hardin)

Henry Clay

The only Campbell Co. kid I saw was my son and he is Jr. High.

One thing I saw saturday was this.  The tapping out syndrom is an epidemic now.  It is not just a KY problem because I saw more Ohio kids doing it this weekend than KY boys.  Granted most may have been in the Jr. High level but it was happening. (I stayed in the High school gym most of the time)

I believe I saw 4 Guilitunes and every time the person tapped to get out of the move.  I saw 2 tight headlocks (my son throwiing one of them) and both times the kid screamed to get out of the move.  My wife and her friend were in the Jr. high gym and they said it was the same over there.  My wife even asked if there was different rules that she did not know about. 

My point is that it is not just a KY problem let alone a single team problem.  It must now be a national problem.  My hope is that this is being discussed this summer in the national meeting.

One more thing Where were the Cambell Co. boys?

I saw a good amount of tapping out there as well. 

I thought for the most part the officiating was outstanding compared to what I'm used to.  Almost all the ref's would count out near falls nice and loud. 

The only Campbell Co. kid I saw was my son and he is Jr. High.

One more thing Where were the Cambell Co. boys?

Maybe this is why Campbell has fallen?  I see that Brown and Shotwell are wrestling in the Nationals.

The Irony is if Campbell would not have gotten lucky and had two additions to the team this year they would have been even farther down the list.  Where is the dedication that campbell had in the past?  This is what made them champions.  You can't just rest on your past success.  You have to work hard in the off season to get better.  Even then it is not a guaranee.  The Jr. High team seems to be tough, but they were not there either.  Lets hope that my alma mater has a better showing next week.  

Maybe this is why Campbell has fallen?  I see that Brown and Shotwell are wrestling in the Nationals.

Where is the dedication that campbell had in the past?  This is what made them champions.  You can't just rest on your past success.  You have to work hard in the off season to get better.  Even then it is not a guaranee.  The Jr. High team seems to be tough, but they were not there either.  Lets hope that my alma mater has a better showing next week.  

They're not going to have a better showing next week, or the week after, or the week after that without some intervention.  You're right that "this is what made them champions" <--in the past.  If you want to see your alma mater have a better showing, get involved.  Talk is cheap.  The h.s. coaches can't coach in the off season.  How about you organize some of the kids to get them to the next few tournaments?  Maybe they need rides, or money, or whatever.  The past success at CC is long gone.  It's rebuilding time.  Bulldog-leader, same with you.  Did you call around any of the CC kids and try to get a few of them to go to Amelia?  No, you just went.  Why not?  Coach Bankemper & Coach Gray can only do so much.  This time of year, they need some alma mater assistance to get these kids to off-season wrestling.  The way I see it, you have 2 choices: 1) do something about it or 2) accept your alma mater's slide.

I know it is off topic, but since the tap-outs were brought up, I thought I would mention this.  As a liscensed official, I got a survey from the national federation and one of the issues addressed in the questions was tapping out.  So I think the message is being heard around the country and those in power are at least thinking about the problem.  I don't know how quickly they move on rules changes like this, but hopefully something is in the works.

I talked to as many Jr. High kids as I could at the last meeting.  I let it be known that I was going if anyone wanted to go.  And I made sure the coaches had the fliers needed to give to the Jr. High kids.  Being still partialy responsible for my Holmes kids I had made plans with them.

Yes coaches may not coach in the off season, but that does not mean they can't get events together, or even be at the events.  I know Ruschel was there with his Ryle boys and his son, not coaching just watching and cheering on.  I can't believe the problem is money, campbell wrestling has so much donation cash in thier coffers that it should not be a problem.  They have much more to play with than I have/had.  I know illness and injury had kept some of the campbell boys away.  My comment was more of a challenge than a rip on anyone. 

As for this weekend at the border wars.  I will be there again with my son and some of the Holmes kids.  If anyone needs a ride I may be able to help.  After this event my son will probably be more involved with baseball. 

On the topic of Campbell county i am going to encourage CC wrestlers myself to participate in tournaments and Camps... I will even drive them myself if that is what they need.... I was and always will be a Campbell County wrestler....

I apologize if I have offended anyone cause I am not the best with words.

I know that some have been working hard for coach B.  But that to me is the problem, only some are working and giving thier all for coach B. Coach B probably saved my life in high school and I would do anything I could for him.  If the wrestlers that he is coaching today don't realize what a special coach they have then they are missing out.

recently after remembering the dedication I had in high school I was able to pick myself back up and move ahead with my life.  This is all because of coach B.  I plan to attend as many events as I can next year to support him again.  But I will stay back in the shadows until I earn the right to be respected again.

The CC kids love when the "old" wrestlers come around.  Introduce yourself and tell them about the old days.  If you don't want to wait for the season to start, there is always a group sticking around after school in the wrestling room.  The varsity and jv kids also help out with youth wrestling on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:30 to 8:00.  Stop in.  I think you would be impressed with the dynamics between the little kids and the wrestlers.