Sign in to follow this  
RYP

2008 Middle School Team Kentucky

The lineup for Team Kentucky is nearly set.  This team is the most talented group we have ever sent to Danville, Illinois to wrestle in the Middle School National Duals.  The tentative lineup is:

75 Brock Ervin, Union

75 Sean Fausz, Campbell - Alternate

80 Garth Yenter, Campbell

85 Logan Wedding, Union

90 Matt Fahy, YKC(unconfirmed)

95 Brent Hitchings, Trinity

102 John Fahy, YKC

110 Luke Troxell, Wayne

117 Alex Murphy, John Hardin

125 Omar Jarvis, Fern Creek

132 Loran Avera, N. Oldham(unconfirmed)

140 JJ Jude, Johnson Central

140 Larry Sammons, McCreary (Both want 140, will need to wrestle-off)

150 Hopefully one of the above

160 Bernard Ray, Larue

175 OPEN and looking for suggestions

195 OPEN, possible Jordan Jones, Spartan Wrestling club

220 Steven Hollon, Perry Central

275 OPEN and looking for suggestions

If you are interested or you have a suggestion for one of the open spots in the lineup, send me a PM with their contact information.

The Vanovers pulled off the team.  They are moving out of state(according to mom) and will not be available to attend.  Kevin Cooper and Alex Murphy were going to wrestle off for the 117 spot, but the Coopers decided to not challenge Alex for the spot.  I believe they felt Alex earned the spot since he won state at 117 lbs. and Kevin couldn't make 110 again.

The Vanovers pulled off the team.  They are moving out of state(according to mom) and will not be available to attend.  Kevin Cooper and Alex Murphy were going to wrestle off for the 117 spot, but the Coopers decided to not challenge Alex for the spot.  I believe they felt Alex earned the spot since he won state at 117 lbs. and Kevin couldn't make 110 again.

I spoke with the mom today, give her a call, they are both interested to wrestle with Team KY. they are wanting to fill the 175 lb weight class.

Will Union County ever run out of Ervin's?

I talked to an Ervin girl at the state tournament and she said there are, in total, 19 Ervin boys from Union County.  I believe they're not all brothers (I hope not, for their mom's sake lol).  Even so that's a crazy family.  I wonder what some of their living rooms and basements look like.

On Thanksgiving day, most families go outside and play an annual game of Turkey Bowl football, at least that is what we called it.  I bet the Ervins go to the basement and wrestle instead. :lol: