Sign in to follow this  
Irish Wrestler

On to College

the msu coach was at our state tournament and planned on watching 3 kids.  112 - Travis Sullivan, 160 - Mitch Ervin, 171 - Mason Reid.  i spoke to him around the quarter finals and he had a very interesting comment.  he said a kid that really impressed him was an 8th grader from Larue County - Barnard Ray.  I thought this is good information to share for all the younger kids watching this message board.  here's a college scout coming down here primarily to watch Reid, but notices a younger kid who was busting his butt at state.  if he keeps it up and can make the grades, he might very well land a big 10 scholarship some day.  you never know who's paying attention while you're on the mat!!  i'm sure mom & dad ray would LOVE for their kid to land a scholarship like that.

I thought you vanished.   

that was officially my last post....it's hard, i'm going to kentuckywrestling.com rehab...having a bad day...had a relapse.

I will take some credit for pointing Ray out to the Michigan State guy.  And yes, he was very impressed with him.  I wouldn't put him on the same level as Courtney just yet, but he has laid the foundation for a great career.

Is Justin Davis going anywhere??

Yes, J.D. is a junior. He'll  be back to repeat next year. And he wrestled for the first time in his life last year! I know of at least one college that was talking to him after the finals, though.