Sign in to follow this  
MrClean

Union County 2 Wins 2 in a row

Union County deserves big congrats for winning state 2 years in a row. If they keep this up they can replace Woodford County for being the most booed by all of us sore losers.

Congrats to Union for all their hard work and achievement!! I'm sure Woodford County and everyone else is eager to knock you off!

Union County deserves big congrats for winning state 2 years in a row. If they keep this up they can replace Woodford County for being the most booed by all of us sore losers.

Congrats to Union for all their hard work and achievement!! I'm sure Woodford County and everyone else is eager to knock you off!

Union County has some great wrestlers. I guess by the time we get through all the Ervins, we'll start to see their kids wrestling.  :wink: I was really impressed with Jarvis Elam, too.

Congrats guys!! Ya'll pulled it through! Congrats to all the wrestlers and coaches.. 10 people to place is crazy!! I was glad to see my alma mater win it again. I don't see why people boo union, they have some of the best attitudes and aren't cocky at all. Keep up the work, I hope ya'll surpass Woodford.  Yet, I don't think the Ervin's will stop coming through, did you see all those crazy kids running around? Most likely it was an Ervin. Congrats Coach Walls for getting Coach of the Year for the second straight year, congrats to my guy Jarvis for his state championship at 103. He showed alot of heart wrestling with such a bad knee injury. Congrats to Mitch for his second title. Keep it up boys.

I don't see why people boo union, they have some of the best attitudes and aren't cocky at all. Keep up the work, I hope ya'll surpass Woodford. 

I have to give it to Union Co. for number 2. Every time I looked up, it seemed like I saw a Union kid having his hand raised. Mitch Irvin was very impressive. He reminded me a bit of Richard Starks in his senior season. But, I would still take Richard in that matchup. He was an animal. (just stirring the pot)  :evil:

Congrats to the UC

I have to give it to Union Co. for number 2. Every time I looked up, it seemed like I saw a Union kid having his hand raised. Mitch Irvin was very impressive. He reminded me a bit of Richard Starks in his senior season. But, I would still take Richard in that matchup. He was an animal. (just stirring the pot)  :evil:

Congrats to the UC

I agree, Dutch. Richard Starks was one of the most phenomenal wrestlers I've ever seen. He was like Mason Reid is now -- just unbeatable. I enjoyed watching Starks when I had a chance to see him.

Congratulations to Union County for another impressive win.  I hope the next generation of children coming out of the Irvin clan are beautiful young ladies.  All of them.   :lol:

Congrats to Union County for another state title.....by the way how many ervins are there seems like half the team????? This seems to be a thing for Kentucky wrestling.....you have the ervins...then the coopers.......then the stark brothers....and I heard Courtney has a younger brother in the middle school program who will be on the woodford team in a few years and his dad also was on the Woodford team at one time.....and I am sure there are a few more family names across Kentucky I just don't know them..but one heck of a way to bulid a strong program in Kentucky...I heard the ervins have had a long history in the  Union County wrestling program......so I guess they are a big family.

any way A big congrats for Union County.......you guys did a great job!!!!!

I was reffing a middle school tournament in early January, the one held at Fern Creek, and I was talking to the Union coach there. He said his sister or brother had 4 or 5 boys still young that wrestled, then he said a cousin or something had a few kids too. It was a long time ago, but from what I remember we'll be having a lot more Ervins keep coming. However, some of them don't always wrestle in Kentucky, a lot wrestle in Indiana because they are so close to the border.

This woman overheard 2 woodford county women talking in the bathroom that said "I put money that Union wouldn't make the top 5 this year" She turned around and said "Hope you didn't put too much money on that".. Im glad they placed top 5 just to prove them wrong. This was said early on in the tournament.

Congrats to Union. They managed to pull together after Ryle took that lead, along with Woodford right on the trail. Showed alot of heart and unity. This years state was real competitive!! Jarvis' match in the finals was one of my favorites. He proved he wanted it more and didn't give up.

Are you from Union Co........I think you are.........cause I seen a few post I do think .........from you about how The one kid Issac from Union was going to just to take over Courtney...I think you were one of them I made a statement about.......speaking of that and since you wanted to bring up the woodford Co.........tell me Pride did you make a bet on that one.I really hope you didn't I kinda like you and would not you to have lost any money.

Haha yea I was hoping Isaac could make it but I didn't bet on it. I had my money on Courtney but someone from Christian Co. had the most right. Courtney came through for me as well as Parks. I did lose on the Sullivan though. Yea I am from Union Co but dont go there anymore.

Are you from Union Co........I think you are.........cause I seen a few post I do think .........from you about how The one kid Issac from Union was going to just to take over Courtney...I think you were one of them I made a statement about.......speaking of that and since you wanted to bring up the woodford Co.........tell me Pride did you make a bet on that one.I really hope you didn't I kinda like you and would not you to have lost any money.

Yea I am! Do you have a problem with it? as far as Isaac, did you see his match with Sanders? ref gives a takedown going out of bounds on their side of the mat, then takes it away? oh it was JOE CATTAN. I think he personal tried to screw us every match he could.  and what made it even worse is we kept getting him on ever match?

as for Isaac taking over Courtney ....never said that just wanted him to win...

Lol, nothing big, just for fun. It wasnt on here though, we had something going in the arena. Pick the most champions, Christian Co. person had 12 of 14 correct

Who was the county person pride?

Congrats to Union.I was impressed by how much better they were this year than last.Hard work does pay off.Isaac Thomas impressed me especially since he appeared to have a knee injury.