Sign in to follow this  
Olympic_wish

Congratulations WC

Congratulations to Courtney and Parks for their rings, and Sheehan and Miller for their runner up.

People seemed to be discounting woodford this year.  I guess third place must be a down year, :)

They looked great. I hate it when people act nasty towards Woodford Co. I felt like I was the only one Cheering on Parks or Sheehan or Miller. It shows no class when you boo a wrestler when they win and work so hard. It ain't right.

i agree with you! the parents and other fans act so immature by booing a wrestler  for no reason!!! excuse me, they get booed for being from a good wrestling program!!! people wonder why wrestlers get out of line sometimes, but lets be honest, a high schooler being taunted by GROWN INDIVIDUALS b/c they work hard?!!??!! Ridiculous in my opinion!!!

i agree with you! the parents and other fans act so immature by booing a wrestler  for no reason!!! excuse me, they get booed for being from a good wrestling program!!! people wonder why wrestlers get out of line sometimes, but lets be honest, a high schooler being taunted by GROWN INDIVIDUALS b/c they work hard?!!??!! Ridiculous in my opinion!!!

I completely understand. It makes me mad to see someone like Coty Lewis who put so much work into his sport being booed at like that. I know that he obviously has slipped the past couple of years but when you've been in it that long it you're in what could possibly be your last match EVER I would feel like a piece of crap if I had a whole stadium working against me. I don't know how i'm gonna feel after my last match and I surely hope there isn't houndreds of people heckling me.

I completely understand. It makes me mad to see someone like Coty Lewis who put so much work into his sport being booed at like that. I know that he obviously has slipped the past couple of years but when you've been in it that long it you're in what could possibly be your last match EVER I would feel like a piece of crap if I had a whole stadium working against me. I don't know how i'm gonna feel after my last match and I surely hope there isn't houndreds of people heckling me.

Yeah and it wouldn't help you any if you keep wearing the "Man Thong Singlet" and Long Johns!

Yeah and it wouldn't help you any if you keep wearing the "Man Thong Singlet" and Long Johns!

I did it just for you.  :-D.

I'm sorry but Coty is a poor example of a wrestler putting work into his sport and getting booed. Coty is booed because of his poor behavior. I don't necessarily think it's good to boo high school kids but when a wrestler behaves poorly there is going to be some negative reactions from the crowd. This was Coty's last state tournament and he lost because he hadn't put work into his sport. He chose to act poorly when he lost. I wish him luck in the future and hope he is a success t whateve4r he chooses to do.

If someone were to boo Harrison Courtney just because he was good and won his match that would definitely be poor sportsmanship. Courtney is a very good young man and sets a good example for all to follow!

Congratulations to Courtney and Parks for their rings, and Sheehan and Miller for their runner up.

People seemed to be discounting woodford this year.  I guess third place must be a down year, :)

Congrats to all of these boys! Especially Harrison Courtney, of all of Woodford County's wrestlers he was truly impressive.

I'm sorry but Coty is a poor example of a wrestler putting work into his sport and getting booed. Coty is booed because of his poor behavior. I don't necessarily think it's good to boo high school kids but when a wrestler behaves poorly there is going to be some negative reactions from the crowd. This was Coty's last state tournament and he lost because he hadn't put work into his sport. He chose to act poorly when he lost. I wish him luck in the future and hope he is a success t whateve4r he chooses to do.

If someone were to boo Harrison Courtney just because he was good and won his match that would definitely be poor sportsmanship. Courtney is a very good young man and sets a good example for all to follow!

That's what I mean't. He DID put the work in but the last two years he hasn't even come close to doing what he should have and you can see the regret on his face and in his reactions when he loses. I don't like the way he acts but I feel horrible for him at the same time.

That's what I mean't. He DID put the work in but the last two years he hasn't even come close to doing what he should have and you can see the regret on his face and in his reactions when he loses. I don't like the way he acts but I feel horrible for him at the same time.

Ok I can agree with that. I too feel bad for him because he has fallen so far. I know there is a lot of stress being a graduating senior with all the uncertainty about what your future holds. I do hope he overcomes whatever adversity comes his way!

You mean thousands, right? :D

woodford dont get too me.

the are great but when you are winning like there do and did people LOVE to HATE them becasue they are good thats why i think people are booing them.

they are the team people love to hate

Thier program is a true power house when you look at all....I mean all thier records they hold..13 team titles...and I lost track at 20 something of individual state champions..and they seem to be a team that has a  cycle from thier history....they have a few off years but after that back to the power house statues.....and everyone as some of you said loves to hate the best. You have to say it for these kids....from what I understand they were ranked 12th this year.......if I am correct.....they had a tough start the first part of the season for some reason.....don't know why.......but when it came time for state.....they pulled it off sending 4 kids to the finals..having two individual state champions ....and going from a 12 ranking to placing 3rd at state......Congrats to them.......I think they proved this weekend you should never underestimate a program like Woodford has.

Thier program is a true power house when you look at all....I mean all thier records they hold..13 team titles...and I lost track at 20 something of individual state champions..and they seem to be a team that has a  cycle from thier history....they have a few off years but after that back to the power house statues.....and everyone as some of you said loves to hate the best. You have to say it for these kids....from what I understand they were ranked 12th this year.......if I am correct.....they had a tough start the first part of the season for some reason.....don't know why.......but when it came time for state.....they pulled it off sending 4 kids to the finals..having two individual state champions ....and going from a 12 ranking to placing 3rd at state......Congrats to them.......I think they proved this weekend you should never underestimate a program like Woodford has.

They have had at least one wrestler "place" every year since 1968 and have been in the top three every year since 1988 if memory serves me correct.

I was impressed with sheehans finals with Mitch....I have heard alot about Mitch...someone even told me the other day the kid went to Russia........but  even if sheehan  didn't win he held his own and didn't let Mitch pin him....seemed he made Mitch work a little more than what was excpeted...that finals was a great match.....two great wrestlers sheehan and Mitch.....but as for the others I did hear Courtney had a few injuries the first of the season that was why his record was not over 40.....and the others I don't know about.

courtney is a beast! mitch never went to russia lol. Sheehan did improve, mitch pinned him in the first minute last year in the semis. WC stepped up their game at state. Glad they got 3rd though, go union

all above is true, we both have great teams and great guys on them. As for Mitch going to Russia I heard alot of that this past weekend some odd man from another team seeing my woodofrd shirt I guess out of the blue said to me Mitch went to Russia and I was like o.k and the reason for telling me this is????? and if Mitch did go to Russia I sure hope you didn't go with him cause his parents were probably really worried the whole time he was gone "that was what I was thinking, and I asked my son who has know Mitch for a few years  , did Mitch go to Russia????? My son just gave me a odd look so I already knew all this. but thank you  :wink: and yes both teams have a great program.

I was impressed with Woodford Co. this year I think everyone and myself underestimated them. But great job this year guys you brought more than your "A" game.

Woodford County, Woodford County,  What would the state tournament be like without this chant?

I have heard it since the 70"s.  The sad or Great part is It isn't goimg to Quit.  Little Joe (give him a few years and he may be big Joe) is not goimg to let it stop.. The choice is:  Are you going to step up and meet the challege or I hope I don't draw Woodford County come State Tournament.

Woodford County- Congratulations to Harrison Courtnry-MOW

To Cody Lewis... You are a young Man.  Apply the work ethic you did in wrestling to life...

Hey,  I loved watching every match you wrestled... 

P.S.  I Hate Woodford County!