Sign in to follow this  
Olympic_wish

Johnson Central- Someone clue me in?

Question:  I read various posts of people laying lumber to Johnson Central.  Whether it be this latest middle school thing, or in the elementary state debacle of last year.

Can someone clue me in as to the dislike for Johnson Central?  Or is this just an east/west thing?

Not looking to start a flame war, just wondering.

Question:  I read various posts of people laying lumber to Johnson Central.  Whether it be this latest middle school thing, or in the elementary state debacle of last year.

Can someone clue me in as to the dislike for Johnson Central?  Or is this just an east/west thing?

Not looking to start a flame war, just wondering.

No one laid wood to Johnson County. No one gave them the pacifier they were yearning for either. For all of the readers, Johnson County/or their representatives, perfectly illustrated how to be sore losers. Many lessons should be learned from their rotten behavior. They also disgust me. They showed NO CLASS. At a minimum, they owe Jay Yenter an apology, although the irrational usually justify their insanity. During the process of trying to make Larue County look bad, they have made themselves look pathetic. Notice Olympic Wish, "last year's" elementary debacle and "this year's" middle school tournament has a common denominator, JOHNSON COUNTY!   

Let me tell you first that I am biased.  I am an old wrestler from Johnson Central and though I am in college now, I try to stay up on the program.  I will next say that I am really proud of the strides that the program has made.  I was on our first middle school team and to think that we were state runner-ups makes me and the community very proud.  I have worked with a lot of those young kids, and they are nothing but hard working and gracious.  I have also spoken to the middle school coaches and I assure you that they didn't want to cause a problem...instead, their intent was to make sure that their kids got what they deserved.  As I have mentioned before, addressing problems and making sure you are compliant to the rules is best for everyone.  Could the situation been handled better.  Sure.  However, I think in a moment of honest reflection, everyone here can say that if they thought that their team had legitimately won the state championship, but an error cost them the title, then they would persue correction of the error.  Now it appears that all of that is over and we can all move on to try it again next year.

Finally, I want to make sure no one gets the wrong impression.  Please don't paint Johnson County or the Johnson Central wrestling team with a broad brush.  I think Johnson County is a great place with tremendous people.  Johnson County Schools is one of the top school systems in the state in terms of academics and their wrestling program is on the rise as well.  I would encourage the future posters on this thread to criticize the handling of the situations rather than the entire school, county, or individual wrestlers who had nothing to do with it.     

Let me tell you first that I am biased.  I am an old wrestler from Johnson Central and though I am in college now, I try to stay up on the program.  I will next say that I am really proud of the strides that the program has made.  I was on our first middle school team and to think that we were state runner-ups makes me and the community very proud.  I have worked with a lot of those young kids, and they are nothing but hard working and gracious.  I have also spoken to the middle school coaches and I assure you that they didn't want to cause a problem...instead, their intent was to make sure that their kids got what they deserved.  As I have mentioned before, addressing problems and making sure you are compliant to the rules is best for everyone.  Could the situation been handled better.  Sure.  However, I think in a moment of honest reflection, everyone here can say that if they thought that their team had legitimately won the state championship, but an error cost them the title, then they would persue correction of the error.  Now it appears that all of that is over and we can all move on to try it again next year.

Finally, I want to make sure no one gets the wrong impression.  Please don't paint Johnson County or the Johnson Central wrestling team with a broad brush.  I think Johnson County is a great place with tremendous people.  Johnson County Schools is one of the top school systems in the state in terms of academics and their wrestling program is on the rise as well.  I would encourage the future posters on this thread to criticize the handling of the situations rather than the entire school, county, or individual wrestlers who had nothing to do with it.     

Dump truck, you made excellent points. However, the broad stroke of negativity painted dark many innocent, including Larue County, Jay Yenter, Johnson County, middle school wrestling and all of Kentucky wrestling. In the future, these issues should be handled privately by the elected leaders of middle school not in a public forum.

I am not so willing to forgive and forget. Once the tide turned and negative comments started being made about Johnson County, all of a sudden, dump truck asks all of us not to bring down all of Johnson County just because of a few people. Normally, I would no problem with doing that, but everyone keeps forgetting about Larue County. ALL of Larue County was being brought down or cast in a shadow because of a few Johnson County parents. No one came to Larue's defense. JCB didn't selectively pick out a few individuals, JCB was negative toward all of Larue, calling them cheaters, etc. JCB should apologize to the Larue's program. Until that occurs, I see last years elementary debacle and this year's middle school fiasco all on the shoulders of JCB and Johnson County. 

Seriously, this thread and the previous threads pertaining to this subject are prime example of why kids and parents alike shouldn't read message boards.  Take what you read with a grain of salt and get over it.  I can sympathize with Johnson Central in this matter, but who couldn't?  You would be lying if you claim you wouldn't be up in arms if your respected team lost over a scoring error or something else.  However, posting these allegations on some high school wrestling message board is not the way to go about it.  Also, labeling Larue as cheaters isn't fair.  They have a very well respected program made up of upstanding people.    Most likely a mistake was made, an HONEST mistake, or perhaps the folks in Johnson County were confused about who the scorer was.  Either way, we can't pigeonhole people of either county based on the allegations made on them by a few people.  You know what they say about arguing over the internet.... :-D

So there was or was not a scoring mistake that cost JC the title?????

What does it matter now? Yenter looked into it and said everything was good to go. Let's just drop this already and get ready for next year.

Amen.  Let's move on.

I can tell you one thing that Johnson County is probably excited about:  Corey Spencer.  Spencer in Johnson Central's second ever state champ and first since the early 1990's.  Moreover, he did it in huge fashion beating one of the most accomplished wrestlers in state and national history!

Johnson Central also had its highest team score finish ever with an 8th place finish at the state tournament.  JC returns three all-staters for next year as well as the injured Zach Salyers and the rest of a young team.  I hope this team continues to improve and the program continues to rise next year.

I think the negitive feelings started last year.  They took in a middle school wrestler the day before ms regionals when he became inelligable at Oldham Co.  That wrestler helped their team and put out another wrestler that would have gone to state from that region.  That wrestler also never attended a day of school.  They did benifit from his points.  Strange how that sort of stuff comes back around.

That was the first negative talk that I heard about JC.

Amen.  Let's move on.

I can tell you one thing that Johnson County is probably excited about:  Corey Spencer.  Spencer in Johnson Central's second ever state champ and first since the early 1990's.  Moreover, he did it in huge fashion beating one of the most accomplished wrestlers in state and national history!

Johnson Central also had its highest team score finish ever with an 8th place finish at the state tournament.  JC returns three all-staters for next year as well as the injured Zach Salyers and the rest of a young team.  I hope this team continues to improve and the program continues to rise next year.

ryan harlow also returns to the lineup for johnson central.