skyoneer

Look who wont be in the regionals tomaro 2/9/08

It's a shame.  I heard that Pike Central sold off their mats a couple of years ago and the few guys trying to still wrestle had to practice on the floor after that.  It's hard to come back from that.

what is a Practist ?

-ist : 1. one that performs or specializes in a specific thing  (novelist)

Therefore: a. Practist could mean one who specializes or performs in practice

b. one who specializes in being practical

The word is practiced, past tense, done, completed. 

Even more of a shame than those teams that aren't around is Waggener.  Anyone on here who was around in the late '80's and early '90's knows that that was once a powerful team.  And really for any Jefferson County school to no longer have a team is a shame, there should be enough people around here to be able to keep it and of course there is enough competition within a short distance not like some schools out in the state that have to travel for hours every week.

I think there should be more teams in KY, to split up the regionals because think how far ashland has to travle to get to wayne county.

You're right. It's a tough sport to get a school to support -- people who don't know about wrestling have no appreciation for it. Until my sons got involved in it, all I knew was what was on WWE. That sure as heck isn't a good representation!  :lol: