Sign in to follow this  
pridewrestler

Union Co. Duals

Teams attending: Union County Duals: Caldwell County, Calloway County, Central, Christian County, Daviess County, Henderson County, John Hardin, Ohio County, Paducah Tilghman, Ryle, Union County, Univ. Heights

Some possible good matchups will occur, if Union/Ryle/John Hardin wrestle each other but I doubt Union and John Hardin will see each other since they wrestled earlier in the year at Central Hardin Duals. I would love to see Caleb Ervin and Josh Johnson matchup.

i heard they were changin the format this year to the top 6 wrestlers from each weight class were in a pool together and the rest of each weight calss were in a pool together....like the top 6 103's all wrestle round robin and the rest will wrestle each other. have u heard ne thing about this carson?

I just talked to Coach Walls, he said John Hardin and Ryle will each wrestle 5 dual meets from 5 different teams in region 1. But there will be 3 pools of 4 individually for the 12 teams in region one and they will wrestle round robin just for seeding purposes for the regional tournament. Say UHA doesnt have a full team, instead of them having to forfeit alot, their individuals can face whoever they want to wrestle at the UC DUALS to try to get a better seed for regionals. If you want to wrestle someone in the region then what you have to do is have your coach tell Coach Walls and he will put you in the pool with that person to guarantee a match.

It sounds like there should be some good match ups and not a lot of waisted time. I see no reason for wrestlers that have wrestled each other 5 or 6 times to step out on the mat and do it again.

Did Hoptown fall off? Whats going on? Havent seen them in a while........Are they going to be at regionals? Does anyone know?

Sat should at least be interesting. Hope Henderson gets some quality matches what ever the outcome. That is what makes you better!

Hey if you have wrestled someone that many times, tell Coach Walls and he wont pair yall together. If you want a match with someone you havnt seen or think can beat for a better spot at regionals then he should pair the two in the same pool.

Like the Bryce and Luke is tied 1-1... luke gets first seed because of credentials, last years region 135 champ... Scotty Hogan can challenge for a better seed. Help Henderson out maybe??? Tell me your not on the internet at work Cole!

if it is set up that the top 6 wrestle each other in each weight. 125 should be interesting.

#2  Jake Wempe

#4  Zach Bontrager

#7  Jordan Murphy

#10 Dustin Thomas

#16 Anthoy Marlo

Anthony Marlo is no longer Ryles 125 pounder he was beaten a wrestle off two weeks ago by Jordan Young

i heard they were changin the format this year to the top 6 wrestlers from each weight class were in a pool together and the rest of each weight calss were in a pool together....like the top 6 103's all wrestle round robin and the rest will wrestle each other. have u heard ne thing about this carson?

that sound like it would be pretty cool i would like to see meriweather and holtsclaw

ryle and john hardin will wrestle 5 teams from region 1. just for the region 1 teams there will be 3 pools of 4 and that will be round robin. most people will get4 matches, some might get 5 depending on if matches need to be made.

It was the worst tournament I have ever been to in my life.  The stupid dual aspect completely messed everything else up.  They were calling individuals to wrestle while they were actually wrestling in a dual.

i beat alex pickett from ryle 4-2 , kiper got beat by peace by 8 i think, bunch beat hogan again...but yea i hated the way it was set up, i can understand tryin to get matches in before the seed meeting but y not juss have pools instead of that and two duals teams

John Hardin and Ryle had 5 duals while the rest of the teams were individual pools. JH forfieted 4 weight classes (112, 160, 171, HWT,  two were wrestling at Middle School State)  They won all of their duals.

vs Henderson    34-46

vs Calloway        30-51

vs Davies            24-59

vs Paducah Til.    34-40

vs Christian Co.  18-37

Does anyone have Ryles results?