Sign in to follow this  
DUSTIN

Luna out for the season again?

I think it's partly because Eastern tends to give several breaks to kids year after year.  He hasn't been out long from what I understand so hopefully he can keep it together for another two weeks...as that's all the season we have left, hard to believe.

As has already been pointed out, Luna is working hard this year and is far from the only wrestler in the state who has behaved badly. I've seen wrestlers throw their headgear, spit on the mat, and yell at their coach or at a ref. A few years ago a boy one of my sons was wrestling blatantly socked him in the jaw, causing his braces to cut the inside of his mouth so that blood was pouring out of him. Why people are fixated on Luna is beyond me. If the Eastern team is willing to give him another chance, then leave him alone.

I think it's partly because Eastern tends to give several breaks to kids year after year.  He hasn't been out long from what I understand so hopefully he can keep it together for another two weeks...as that's all the season we have left, hard to believe.

That's alot of it, yes.  Giving someone a break, a second chance is good.  No doubt.  Consistently letting a thug back onto the mat isn't.

As has already been pointed out, Luna is working hard this year and is far from the only wrestler in the state who has behaved badly. I've seen wrestlers throw their headgear, spit on the mat, and yell at their coach or at a ref. A few years ago a boy one of my sons was wrestling blatantly socked him in the jaw, causing his braces to cut the inside of his mouth so that blood was pouring out of him. Why people are fixated on Luna is beyond me. If the Eastern team is willing to give him another chance, then leave him alone.

Yeah, I remember that.  It was Daniel Sauer (PRP) def Tom Shirey (EAST) last year at the Big East.  Tom crossfaced  Daniel pretty hard, and Daniel ... Crossfaced him back.  There was blood.  Daniel won.

Yeah, I remember that.  It was Daniel Sauer (PRP) def Tom Shirey (EAST) last year at the Big East.  Tom crossfaced  Daniel pretty hard, and Daniel ... Crossfaced him back.  There was blood.  Daniel won.

Thats not the same match, I don't have braces

No, this was a few years ago with other wrestlers, and it wasn't a crossface, it was literally a balled fist. Anyway, the point is, wrestling is intense. Sometimes kids let their emotions get the better of them. Adrenaline is pumping, and the humiliation of being beaten in public can be tough. I'm not excusing anything, but I understand how it happens. Again, if a kid is trying to change, then give him a chance.

You guys are right! After the age of 16 if a guy makes a mistake he should be condemned the rest of his life. Don't give him another chance, start hating him and root against his ever becoming a better person! After all he had his chances..... While we're at it let's figure out what happened to all of Fern Creeks best that are out this year. And any other team that has a few juvenile teens that made a mistake. We need to condemn them all to having no more chances the rest of their life to becoming better people. NOT!

As an adult who's made plenty of mistakes and will most likely make a few more, I'm willing to give a kid as many mistakes as it takes to get on the right path. When I think back on my youth there are things I'm just not too proud of. Unless any of you have never made a mistake you should leave Joaquin alone and hope he has matured.

And what better way to get him back on the right track then to ban him from a sport he loves to teach him a lesson for reprehensible behavior.

I agree with Mr. Clean, he should be given a chance to fix his ways and taught a lesson.

I don't think it is the fact that Luna messed up that has people thinking the way they do about him.  I think it is how he messed up.  Yes kids do some dumb things & 99% of the time they should be given 2nd chances.  I think it is more the fact that Luna's biggest mistake was made in front of many fans, wrestlers and coaches @ the Big East tournament last year.  That tends to stick with people more when they see it first hand and also tends to leave a more negative image of an individual in everyone's mind.  I also think the fact that he wrestles for Eastern has something to do with it.  Right or wrong, many people simply do not have a positive view of Eastern.  I personally have no problem with Eastern, but I know many people who do and many of them view this website daily.  I say if Luna can keep his nose clean then give him a 2nd chance, or 3rd, or 4th or whatever number he is on now.  If he can, then good for him.  If he can't, then people are really going to come down on him worse than ever.  The "I told you so" statements are going to become more numerous than ever.  It's just human nature.

I'm glad I don't live in your world man! In your dictionary the word forgiveness doesn't exist. You seem to think that all young people aren't supposed to ever behave badly, even when many of the adults don't behave.

As for Eaglewrestler12 I am his father and was at Western Hills and didn't miss a match. If he had done something that bad I would have said something to him. I usually do if I see him act inappropriately. But from what I have seen of your posts if a guy steps out of line ONE time it doesn't matter if he cleans up his act later. You don't ever have anything good to say about them again. You need to get off your soap box man and just do some self evaluation before you get on here and run people down! Maybe you'll find your halo is tarnished!

MrClean, I'll admit it.  I was surprsied in the way Luna acted at Regionals.  He was mature, and handled his loss in the end like a man.  He's come along way.  Maybe people do deserve as many chances as you say.

MrClean, I'll admit it.  I was surprsied in the way Luna acted at Regionals.  He was mature, and handled his loss in the end like a man.  He's come along way.  Maybe people do deserve as many chances as you say.

Now your getting the idea. It's not how they start out that counts as much as how they end up!