• Harrison Courtney
    • Josh Ashbrook
    • Mitch Ervin
    • Mason Reid
    • Ryan Kelly
    • Matt Green
    • Billy Fuller
    • other

Yeah I am going to have to go with Mason Reid, Bryan Peace and Harrison Courtney. Bryan and Mason for stepping it up and wrestling in some really tough tourneys that hardly anyone in KY have ever wrestled in. I hear Bryan is looking at some Ivy schools and Mason is looking at some D1 schools. Harrison has been tough since he was in middle school.

Very few wrestlers (in KY or any other State, for that matter) can say they wrestled the #1 (at 12/23/2007) ranked wrestler in the nation url]http://www.intermatwrestle.com/high_school/rankings/hsrank0708_01.aspx in their weight class.  Even though Mason Reid lost to the winner, Quentin Wright, at the Beast of East tourney, the experience was priceless against some stiff out-of-state competition so he gets my vote against some other very talented wrestlers in KY.  His college future looks bright if he continues put himself in a position to probably lose with the advantage of gaining valuable mat time in unfamiliar venues.

I'm kind of new at this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but Courtney placed 3rd last summer at junior nationals and has been ranked nationally before. So why do you think he has been left on this ranking?

I'm kind of new at this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but Courtney placed 3rd last summer at junior nationals and has been ranked nationally before. So why do you think he has been left on this ranking?

he placed at nhsca soph nationals i believe.  not the same as usaw's cadet & junior nationals.  i'm not for sure, but the usaw's junior nationals "used" to be the most prestigious h.s. tournament in the nation.  maybe nhsca soph, junior, & senior nationals has caught up to usaw's junior nationals...i'm not sure.  it's still very impressive.

at any rate, i'd probably still put harrison up as #1 in this subject just because he's proven all the doubters so wrong so many times.  but reid is an absolute force from what i've seen of him this year.  ervin looked good at state duals, but i think he would look like a fly caught in a spider's web if he were foolish enough to bump up and take on reid. 

he placed at nhsca soph nationals i believe.  not the same as usaw's cadet & junior nationals.  i'm not for sure, but the usaw's junior nationals "used" to be the most prestigious h.s. tournament in the nation.  maybe nhsca soph, junior, & senior nationals has caught up to usaw's junior nationals...i'm not sure.  it's still very impressive.

at any rate, i'd probably still put harrison up as #1 in this subject just because he's proven all the doubters so wrong so many times.  but reid is an absolute force from what i've seen of him this year.  ervin looked good at state duals, but i think he would look like a fly caught in a spider's web if he were foolish enough to bump up and take on reid. 

My bad, it's kind of hard to enter the junior nationals when you haven't even started your junior year.

i think beau sanders is one of the best in the state, i think he couold possibly upset courtney this year. he wrestled up at 160 at the five star classic and still won the competition weighing close to 145. not many wrestlers can do that. hes very talented.

i think beau sanders is one of the best in the state, i think he couold possibly upset courtney this year. he wrestled up at 160 at the five star classic and still won the competition weighing close to 145. not many wrestlers can do that. hes very talented.

Beau is a great little wrestler but I don't believe he is within 10 points of Harrison. Beau competed well at 160, Harrison could win heavy weight if allowed to wrestle.

Beau is a great little wrestler but I don't believe he is within 10 points of Harrison. Beau competed well at 160, Harrison could win heavy weight if allowed to wrestle.

Courtney would win by 5 points max against Beau, and he would lose if he wrestled at 160, I'm not sure about 152.

I cant recall it ever being that close.Courtney pinned him first time they wrestled a few yrs ago and beat him by 7 or 8 in regionals last yr and by 8 or 9 in state finals last year

Guest KYwrestler06

Isaac Ervin also beat him pretty bad earlier this year, I'm not sure what the score was.

Have Ervin and Courtney wrestled this year?  There comes a time and a place that any one can win.  You shouldn't write Sanders off just because he has been beaten by Ervin this year and Courtney in the past.  Anything can happen at regions and state. 

i dont think courtney has ever been beaten by sanders, but then again i was wrong about their scores last year too, so i could also be wrong about this.

I don't think that Sanders is anywhere near Courtney's class. 

He (Sanders) may make it to the finals again, and he may be able to keep the match close, but in no way will he be able to take control of the match and be able to win. 

It seems to me Sanders wins matches because he is able to keep the match close and waits for his opponent to make a mistake.  Courtney will make few mistakes and if he does he is able to compensate for them quickly.  If Thuenerman could not close the deal and take the match to overtime last year, then Sanders will not come close to winning the match, but may keep the score respectable. 

well hasent he already gotten state runner up two years in a row to courtney? that has to prove something. im not saying he will beat courtney, but if anyone is to upset courtney this year i would say it's beau.

some of my top picks as the top wrestlers i thought for sure john wolsifer,travis sullivan and i am really impressed with josh ahsbrook he is a a beast he can turn the match into his pace at anytime including beau sauders he si tough i think if wolsifer comes back from injury he will win it but pther then that sullivan is the best to beat he refuses to lose i know he had a bad finals match but he came threw and a title is a title so u cant take that away he wont be beat in ky and i think at senior nationals he will put on a show i wopuld love to see a kyle ruschell snior against su;llivan now that would be one for the ages