Sign in to follow this  
sheeves

Tommy Warren????

Why is everyone always correcting grammar and spelling on here. Thats freakin retarded. If you want to correct grammar and spelling become an English teacher, we get enough of that bull crap at school.

Why is everyone always correcting grammar and spelling on here. Thats freakin retarded. If you want to correct grammar and spelling become an English teacher, we get enough of that bull crap at school.

Maybe you should listen to your teachers then.

I'm not an ENGLISH MAJOR but fundamentals in English are as important as wrist control in wrestling :evil:

If you want to be success in life learn proper English, you probably will go much farther than wrestling. :-D

Maybe you should listen to your teachers then.

I'm not an ENGLISH MAJOR but fundamentals in English are as important as wrist control in wrestling :evil:

If you want to be success in life learn proper English, you probably will go much farther than wrestling. :-D

Alright buddy I'm not trying to say that proper english is a bad thing, but who wants to come to a website where they can be ridicuiled (hope thats right wouldn't want anyone to correct me  :lol: ) just for spelling or using the wrong word. It seems to me that only Shawn and the southern guys get bothered on here anyway.

Sheeves, I agree completely with your statement. Good grammar, punctuation, and intelligent communication skills are far overrated. This country needs plenty of career minimum wage workers.

Sheeves.  There is a button to the right of the Preview button called "spell check".  I ran it on your last post and corrected the two words underlined below.  You see, we aren't any smarter than you but we run the spell checker before we send our posts to make us look smart.

Alright buddy I'm not trying to say that proper English is a bad thing, but who wants to come to a website where they can be ridiculed (hope thats right wouldn't want anyone to correct me  ) just for spelling or using the wrong word. It seems to me that only Shawn and the southern guys get bothered on here anyway.

Yes, Im sorry Mr.Fanatic let me correct my paper and turn it, maybe it'll be raised to a B+. That is if you are feeling generous. I will be sure to use the spell checker from now on to, even when I'm 90 years old in a retirement home trying to get people for spelling words wrong on here i'll be sure to use it.  :lol:

Yes, Im sorry Mr.Fanatic let me correct my paper and turn it, maybe it'll be raised to a B+. That is if you are feeling generous. I will be sure to use the spell checker from now on to, even when I'm 90 years old in a retirement home trying to get people for spelling words wrong on here i'll be sure to use it.  :lol:

in - turn it in  :-D

Your last post gave me a headache. I tried to correct your poor grammar/spelling/punctuation.  I didn't have much to work with, but I gave it a try.

Yes, I'm sorry, Mr. Fanatic. Let me correct my paper and turn it in. Maybe, it'll be raised to a B+. That is, if you are feeling generous. I will be sure to use the spell check from now on, too. Even when I'm 90 years old and in a retirement home, I'll be trying to get people for spelling words wrong on here. I'll be sure to use it.

Sheeves, the one who calls proper spelling/grammar retarded!  Let's count the mistakes in your D- paragraph.  D-, assuming you are a 4th grader!

1.  Im, corrected to I'm

2.  No comma, run on sentence

3.  Wrong usage of a comma many times in your first run on sentence

4.  Not spell checker, just spell check ( read the button, it is quite simple)

5.  Absent comma after "That is".

6.  Absent comma after "on"

7.  If you were going to use the word "to" it should have been spelled "too"

8.  The word "to" was actually used incorrectly, it should have been "also"

9.  Run on sentence gave me a headache. I had to restructure the whole

sentence

10. i'll should be spelled I'll

Your calling anthing retarded seems very odd to me. Perhaps you should spend more time studying grammar and throw in a few hours a week working with the mentally retarded. Proper education and sensitivity could do you some good.

IF you can read and understand what they are saying or trying to say, then its not that big of a deal.  I don't think any of you are dumb enough to mistake the word I'm for the sound im if the apostrophe is missing, likewise with capitalization and spelling. 

Your calling anything retarded seems very odd to me. Perhaps you should spend more time studying grammar and throw in a few hours a week working with the mentally retarded. Proper education and sensitivity could do you some good.

I don't view myself as the grammar/spelling Nazi of Kentucky Wrestling. Occasionally, misspelled words and incorrect punctuation are perfectly tolerable. This is a forum composed of diverse opinions. I am more interested in one's opinion rather than their knowledge of English. However, to blatantly show disregard for all aspects English/grammar, becomes disrespectful to other viewers. At least "try"!

I don't view myself as the grammar/spelling Nazi of Kentucky Wrestling. Occasionally, misspelled words and incorrect punctuation are perfectly tolerable. This is a forum composed of diverse opinions. I am more interested in one's opinion rather than their knowledge of English. However, to blatantly show disregard for all aspects English/grammar, becomes disrespectful to other viewers. At least "try"!

Amen to that!  I've griped at some people on here as well about the grammar...I don't want to be viewed as the grammar/spelling Nazi either.  I definitely don't want to take the fun out of the message boards, this website is a blast.  But all the kids on here are going to be adults very soon looking for jobs, and I have seen a few resumes in my life that have misspellings & grammar mistakes.  I've also seen some college papers that have them too.  It stands out like a turd in a punch bowl.  It simply makes a person appear ignorant.  lilreb is not joking about the world needing minimum wage workers.  You fill out an application or resume with a bunch of misspellings and unless the boss can't spell either, you are screwed.

Will, you might want to stay a little more focused in class then, because we where not sure if you where paying attention. Signed the English Teachers Faculty!!

Guest wrestler92

Should be "we were not sure" rather than "we where not sure."  Hopefully the guys name is "Will" and it wasn't supposed to be "well."

Will, you might want to stay a little more focused in class then, because we where not sure if you where paying attention. Signed the English Teachers Faculty!!

Should be "we were not sure" rather than "we where not sure."   Hopefully the guys name is "Will" and it wasn't supposed to be "well."

LOL..i was going to cut frogman some slack on that one, but i'm glad someone brought it up.  That's straight up terrible.  wrestler92...you are one of us.  Welcome to the Spelling/Grammar brigade. 

This seems petty.  I get it but jeez.  Yes it is important but is this the time or place for this discussion?  Not for me to decide just thinking out loud.

Are there any other wrestlers that placed high at state last year, who are not out this year?