Sign in to follow this  

predictions for TCI

yeah thats ridiculous, from what I've heard, he has actually held himself back, so that way he could wrestle until he was 19, making his career that much greater, and the smart thing on his part was doing it in middle school.

This is in no way a smart idea.  Holding yourself back for sports is not only silly but is boarder line a violation of KHSAA. 

Making your high school career greater is a sorry reason to do anything in life.  High school is a short time in your life.  You may revel in your accomplishments while you are in high school, but they soon fade when you become an adult.  How many ex-wrestlers still have their medals from their high school career? (With the exception of state champions).  I know the few that I earned have long ago been lost. 

Some of the most pathetic people I know are those 30 something people who continue to relive their high school days.  They have done nothing since their graduation that is memorable.

Can anyone say "AL BUNDY"

This is in no way a smart idea.  Holding yourself back for sports is not only silly but is boarder line a violation of KHSAA. 

Making your high school career greater is a sorry reason to do anything in life.  High school is a short time in your life.  You may revel in your accomplishments while you are in high school, but they soon fade when you become an adult.  How many ex-wrestlers still have their medals from their high school career? (With the exception of state champions).  I know the few that I earned have long ago been lost. 

Some of the most pathetic people I know are those 30 something people who continue to relive their high school days.  They have done nothing since their graduation that is memorable.

I scored 4 touchdowns!

For real.  If this is true, it's sad, pathetic, and wrong.

Ok everyone, the apocolypse is officially upon us....i just gave grappler-of-old an applaud.  I think JJ Jude is fine on age all through h.s. as far as KHSAA eligibility is concerned.  That neck of the woods has a real knack for holding kids back in m.s. to keep them in h.s. until they are 19.  It wouldn't surprise me to learn that they plan their pregnancies so all their kids are born on 8/1.

yea, my karma is going in the tank for this post.  SMITE ME OH MIGHTY SMITER!!!

I personally know the Jude family, and they are fine people. JJ is a good kid and an excellent wrestler. He works very hard to get better every day, and does not deserve to be treated this way!!

I personally know the Jude family, and they are fine people. JJ is a good kid and an excellent wrestler. He works very hard to get better every day, and does not deserve to be treated this way!!

I'm with you on this one Buckeye. 

Eligibility - If an athlete doesn't turn 19 before August 1 of his senior year, he is eligble for all sports

This was changed a few years back.  It use to be August ? for fall sports, Oct. ? for winter sports, and I believe it was Feb.? for spring sports.  The KHSAA set the August 1 date a few years back for all sports.

Facts:  JJ outworks other wrestlers.  Attends 2 or 3 camps every summer, I know he attended the

Jeff Jordan camp and the gramby camp this past summer.

JJ has not been held  back in middle school.

JJ started wrestling in 1st grade

Too many people get on this site and post false information because they don't have a clue.

I'm with you on this one Buckeye. 

Eligibility - If an athlete doesn't turn 19 before August 1 of his senior year, he is eligble for all sports

This was changed a few years back.  It use to be August ? for fall sports, Oct. ? for winter sports, and I believe it was Feb.? for spring sports.  The KHSAA set the August 1 date a few years back for all sports.

Facts:  JJ outworks other wrestlers.  Attends 2 or 3 camps every summer, I know he attended the

Jeff Jordan camp and the gramby camp this past summer.

JJ has not been held  back in middle school.

JJ started wrestling in 1st grade

Too many people get on this site and post false information because they don't have a clue.

Do you have a clue?

Do you have a clue?

I guarantee you that he knows more about this subject than you and any other member on here. I think it's a shame that this topic has went where it has.

I know the Jude boy is 15 but how does this matter if the kids he,s pinning are already 17 & 18 year old sophmores,juniors and seniors. He has to love the sport and work extremely hard to be this much better. Give credit and be prepared if you fall into his bracket also look at the team he,s on Carr 8th grade, Salyers 9th, Grimm 10th, Cantrell 10th, Sites 10th, Harlow 10th  and a up and coming middle school team that has done very well this year. Could just be very hard working kids and GREAT COACHING.

yeah thats ridiculous, from what I've heard, he has actually held himself back, so that way he could wrestle until he was 19, making his career that much greater, and the smart thing on his part was doing it in middle school.

This is a load of crap.

I guarantee you that he knows more about this subject than you and any other member on here. I think it's a shame that this topic has went where it has.

Ok, guarantee all you want, still haven't ponied up anything other than some useless words.

Ok, guarantee all you want, still haven't ponied up anything other than some useless words.

Why does it matter to you? Why are you sticking your nose into this? Everything that VisionQuest posted was true.

Why does it matter to you? Why are you sticking your nose into this? Everything that VisionQuest posted was true.

because it's a public board.  Good for VisionQuest.  I can just as easily say i am the head coach for OSU, but really like KY wrestling so I post here.  You repeating yourself and saying it's true, he knows, blah blah lbah doesn't change anything.

because it's a public board.  Good for VisionQuest.  I can just as easily say i am the head coach for OSU, but really like KY wrestling so I post here.  You repeating yourself and saying it's true, he knows, blah blah lbah doesn't change anything.

Yes it does change it because he knows. At least he's posting on something he knows about. I'd rather have quality over quantity any day on message boards like these. It's obvious that you don't by looking at some of your posts. How do you know that VisionQuest doesn't know what he's talking about on this subject? What makes you so sure that I don't know what I'm talking about? I'm certain you don't have a clue on this subject. That's why I'm wondering why you would poke your nose into this and put your two cents in on this subject. I know this is a public forum but does that give you the right to come on here and spout off about something that you know absolutely nothing about?. I've known this kid and his family for the past four years pal so I know what I'm talking about and trust me VisionQuest knows what he's talking about also.

Yes it does change it because he knows. At least he's posting on something he knows about. I'd rather have quality over quantity any day on message boards like these. It's obvious that you don't by looking at some of your posts. How do you know that VisionQuest doesn't know what he's talking about on this subject? What makes you so sure that I don't know what I'm talking about? I'm certain you don't have a clue on this subject. That's why I'm wondering why you would poke your nose into this and put your two cents in on this subject. I know this is a public forum but does that give you the right to come on here and spout off about something that you know absolutely nothing about?. I've known this kid and his family for the past four years pal so I know what I'm talking about and trust me VisionQuest knows what he's talking about also.

Why should I trust you as an authority anymore than you trust me.

once again you return to I know, I know, trust me, I know, I guarantee.

Still useless words. 

And sorry if you think my posts are quantity not quality.  If you look at my posts, it's not like i'm downing Jude, just asking some questions.  In one forum I posted i thought he would be a 2-3 time champ.

I just don't like the fact you don't know how to argue.  You come back to I know, I know, Trust me, which is as useless as the words I throw at this.  It's a puiblic board and you can pretend to be whoever you want.

I don't care if you're JJ's papaw, BFF, or lawnboy.  Bottom line is you don't have anything to back that up, which makes your opinion equal to mine.

Yes it does change it because he knows. At least he's posting on something he knows about. I'd rather have

That statement alone I return with:

Remember now, Im the Coach of OSU, just so you know.  Cause I said so.

Cause he knows.

That statement alone I return with:

Remember now, Im the Coach of OSU, just so you know.  Cause I said so.

Cause he knows.

What are you wanting me to do reveal in real name? Sorry I won't do that. Just for the sake of an argument what kind of proof would satisfy your curiosity? Since you have to have proof for anything to matter why don't you give me some proof that what I'm saying isn't true. Show me your proof.

jj jude is only in 8th grade, but he is sixteen. and has been wrestling since he's been in 6th or 7th grade, so it's like his third year. still an impressive win beating morlatt, but he is far from an 8th grader.

In the words of Olymic_wish show us some proof. You opened up this topic by getting on here and running your mouth so now you need to back it up. Where did you get your information?

i never meant for my post to go this far and turn into what it has, im sorry that i posted it now. i heard that jude was 16, sorry if he's not. he is still 15, so he should be looked at as a freshman or sophmore, supposing he started wreslting at or before the 6th grade especially. like myself, i am a junior, but i consider myself a senior because i started in 8th grade, i have that year of extra experience that i will have my senior year. it's just a way of looking at things, i just wanted people to know jude isn't a true 8th grader, becasue even at 15 instead of 16 he isnt.

I think it is important for us all to remember that the wrestlers we all talk about on here are all people.  In addition, the posters are people too.  One of the great things about wrestling is that you work so hard that you learn to respect the guy on the line accross for you who has also worked hard.  Let's not forget that on here.

I am pretty biased because I like ole JJ Jude an awful lot, but reguardless of all of these statements, he compliant with the rules of the KHSAA.  That makes everything legal and fair by rule.  It doesn't make him a freshman or a sophmore, just an eighth grader with more experience.  The reason that is fair is that others could have the same age and experience as he does under rule.  And though I know JJ as an intelligent and mature guy, it could be that he thought it advantageous to remain in school for academic or personal growth reasons.  Do I know for sure?  Nope.  But it is a possibilty to consider.

Finally, many regions of the country and state have families that hold their students back, not just EKY.  Is it always for the right reasons? Of course not.  Perhaps, this decision is sometimes made for other reasons than high school glory, but a chance at helping to finance a college education.  Of course, it not true in all cases, but is something important to consider before making a judgement.

I am not trying to stir the pot, just keep everything in perspective  :wink: