Sign in to follow this  
Guest 103GBM?

Body Fat %

Guest 103GBM?

So for everyone who has already gotten their Body Fat % taken how much did you have i had 8.2% at 101.2 :-D what about everyone else

Guest 103GBM?

i doubt he's serious since alexander karalin had 7 percent at 295 pounds.

are u serious..was he just REALLY TALL

Guest wrestler92

The body fat tests that most people have done are so unreliable and inaccurate I can't believe that we really do them and trust the results.  Many results I have seen you can look at and then easily tell it's not right.

Guest wrestler92

maybe it was actually like 8.9%?  and kentucky allows a 3% variance to the test, so that drops it another 3+pounds too.  i don't like that kids can wrestle a weight without ever hitting the base weight first.

Those numbers yield 118.4 as your minimum weight... how do you figure making 114?

maybe it was actually like 8.9%?  and kentucky allows a 3% variance to the test, so that drops it another 3+pounds too.  i don't like that kids can wrestle a weight without ever hitting the base weight first.

Are you sure about that 3% variance?  So even if you were 7% bodyfat, you would still be allowed to cut 3% of your weight?

Guest wrestler92

Once someone is under the &% bodyfat naturally that's a whole other story so i don't think the variance applies to them as they are locked into that weight class already.

Are you sure about that 3% variance?  So even if you were 7% bodyfat, you would still be allowed to cut 3% of your weight?

Hmm but at 7.1% would you then get the 3% percent variance?  Or only 0.1% to get down to 7%?  If you're only able to get down to 7%, then I don't know how shawn112 would be able to make 114.

you have to make the base weight at least once to wrestle that weight at state. if you never make 112 then you can't wrestle that at state. even if you make 112 after the raise to 114 you still have to make 112 at least once.

you have to make the base weight at least once to wrestle that weight at state. if you never make 112 then you can't wrestle that at state. even if you make 112 after the raise to 114 you still have to make 112 at least once.

not true that was the rule two years ago but as of last year they changed it so you dont ever have to make scratch weight

Scratch weight does not have to ever be made.  Once Christmas comes the weight class changes.  Example 103 becomes 105, 171 becomes 173.  If you have a skin fold that says the lowest possible weight is 126 then you cannot wrestle 125 until after Christmas.  Then you can wrestle 125/127, and compete in the post season at that weight.

This is a huge change for many of us old timers.  We remember when we had to certify and make scratch weight.  Today kids don't have to make scratch.  I'm not sure I like it but it is the way it is.  It is made this way to protect kids.

Guest wrestler92

I don't like how it is, of course we never used to get any extra pounds either.  It was 135 from December 1st until mid February.  I do like the body fat testing, but wish it was a little more regulated somehow. 

Scratch weight does not have to ever be made.  Once Christmas comes the weight class changes.  Example 103 becomes 105, 171 becomes 173.  If you have a skin fold that says the lowest possible weight is 126 then you cannot wrestle 125 until after Christmas.  Then you can wrestle 125/127, and compete in the post season at that weight.

This is a huge change for many of us old timers.  We remember when we had to certify and make scratch weight.  Today kids don't have to make scratch.  I'm not sure I like it but it is the way it is.  It is made this way to protect kids.

Is it the same for middle school?

9.2 at 131 planning on going 125 we'll see what happens

I just punched in those numbers and got 127.9 as your minimum weight (aka weight if you had 7% bodyfat)... let me know if you are allowed to wrestle 125/127.