Sign in to follow this  
meadecowrestler

which region will be the most competitive?

ok...its been said before but which region do you think will be the most competitive this year as in will be the most evenly matched? i think region 3 cuz meade,bullit, and prp all have good shot at regionals?its just who wants it the most that day...cuz they all have the weapons!? :|

Region 7 is going to be very tough this year, there is not one team that could run away with it. Woodford, Harrison Co, Dunbar, and Lafayette could win it. It will be interesting at there region duals to see who goes to state duals.

winning the region's in my opinion are:

Region 1:Union Co.

Region 2:John Hardin

Region 3:Doss

Region 4:Trinity

Region 5:South Oldham

Region 6:Campbell Co.

Region 7:Woodford Co.

Region 8:Wayne Co.

i would say though the strongest and most competive is region 7.

It seems to me like region 8 has the potential to be one of the most competitive. in most weight classes they have atleast two kids in the top 6 in the rankings.  from 103 to 135 they seem to be pretty loaded, in my opinion.

You can't count Doss out of the Region 3 picture just yet.  We haven't even started the season.  We have a full line-up, which is honestly 1/2 the battle.  Our best wrestlers match up pretty well and are in some of the weaker weight classes in Region 3 so that always helps.  We have 2 probable regional champions and maybe 2 to 3 more.  All our other weight classes should hopefully be competitive, but we will see.  As of right now, they look like they will.  We will have to step it up come regional time, but doesn't everyone.  Albeit we have a lot of hard work ahead of us, but we do have a chance.  Now back on subject, I like most of the Bulldog215 picks.  However, in Region 3 I do say PRP is the favorite and in Region 5 I'm going with Fern Creek over North Oldham in a close one, much closer than people expect.  As for most competitive region, I think that belongs to Region 4.  Trinity, Seneca, St. X, Moore and Central make for a very tough and competitive region.

meada .....they seem like a good team...lol...basically i think its gonna be on who wants it more that day. we all can beat eachother...doss has beaten meade, meades beatin doss, and we have matured as a team since last year so we have a shot against prp ( a pretty good one i might add) anyonewould agree.

I think Meade will have a very competitive team.  Although you guys only had 1 wrestler in the regional finals last year, you did have quite a few wrestling for 3rd and 4th place and most of those guys are returning.  Experience always helps.  I think most everyone would agree on who the favorites are to win individual regional titles.  However, for the team title, it won't depend on the top wrestlers.  It will be the guys who place 3rd, 4th or the guys who can just win a match or two to earn team points.  It will take a team effort so you need those wrestlers who "just fill weight classes" to step it up in order to earn the team title.  Make those guys better and you will make your team better.  That doesn't just go for the teams in Region 3, that goes for the teams in all the regions.  The teams who step it up with a complete team effort will be the ones who are holding the regional championship trophies in the end.  Good luck to all.

Even though trinity has won region 4 the past two years it has always been very competitive with seneca trailing by just a few points. This year trinity is the clear favorite but i wouldnt count seneca out. Also st.X and moore have the ability to suprise peopleas they will bemore experienced than in past years. Also central is being way overlooked by everyone. they are always in great shade and have a ton of big strong fast natural athletes. if you give one of central's boys a chance he will put you to your back and the match will be over in a heart beat. Im just saying that with teams like this region 4 is always up fro grabs