Sign in to follow this  
threequarter

Possible Underdogs?

I think saint x is being a big underdog comming out of region 4 may suprise some people this year especially in duels. from what im hearing they look to be a pretty solid dual team and if they get some big matches and dont give up pins upsets could follow. keep an eye on saint x

I'm curious about Newports team. 

The team is still new but they made a little noise last year.  their Jr. high team has been solid for a couple of years.

I think they may be able to sneak up on a few people.

I remember last year (by luck or skill?) North Oldham made it to state duals and placed 9th. I don't know how their team will be this year but I'm interested to see how they do. I agree with you about St. X and region 4, that will be something I will be paying attention to.

can't wait to see st. x this year, its seems as though they have been rebuilding the past few years. i would love to see them become more competitive and make regionals a more interesting team battle. i would say that region 4 is deffinately gonna be one of the tuffer regions this year. seneca with a handfull of potential state champs, trinity strong across the board(possibly a few champions of their own), st. x will be tougher than in recent years, as well as moore(good middle school feeder), and central has really stepped recently(putting one of their own in the finals last year in a tough weight).

i think josh king ranked 15 at 140 could be a possible suprise at the state tournament.  i also think that cody martin from apollo who went to state in his sophmore year but failed to get there last year could sneak up.  he beat scott's 130 at the bluegrass state games.

I was looking at the rankings and I saw Chris Martorano (sp?) was at like 18. He's one of North Oldham's key wrestlers and I've watched him, he has a nasty fireman's carry. I think he will end up doing a lot better than they have him ranked at now.

I think Caldwell County is very underated, We have a lot of young talent this year, like Joe Young, he wrestled 119 last year and placed 5th his first year wrestling, hes been in the weight romm and hes been lookin forward to this season, just watch out for him.

PRP will have it's strongest team it's had in the past few years come this season. I think we'll do very well both individually and team wise.

I think that John Hardin will surprise alot of people this year. With them having nine sopmores and only losing two seniors last year. They could really surprise alot of people at state.

Bulldog 215, do you mean to say that John Hardin might make a run for a team championship, or that they might bring home a couple of medals? Regions 1, 6, and 7 are all very competitive, not to mention that Larue Co. and North Hardin will dominate Region 2. If you're speaking of state placers, then yes, JH will score a few team points, but I just can't picture anything better than a 15th place finish as a team.

i am talking top 3 in a few years. they have a team of all sopmores and they are already ranking 13. if you can tell me that they arent getting any better in the next three season's i might believe you. but with a team of all sophmores and still up and coming i thinking you are very very wrong. but for this year i am going to say they will be no worse than 10th at state.

On another note larue Co. they do have alot of wrestlers but they are all unexperienced wrestlers. they had experienced wrestlers last year. they lost i believe 7 to 9 seniors last year.

North Hardin is also in the same place as larue, but north still has terance 119, ty wolf 171, and mark jones 189 are all they really have that are big piont makers for them at state. other wise they lost alot of seniors to.

i think logan murrel is going to surprise a lot of people. he is a tough oppenent and got 5th in regoins. that was his second time wrestle a varsity match. i think he will place in state

Christian County will definitely be an underdog this year. Last year I think we placed 43rd as a team and currently we're ranked 18th by Ranger123's rankings.

i am talking top 3 in a few years. they have a team of all sopmores and they are already ranking 13. if you can tell me that they arent getting any better in the next three season's i might believe you. but with a team of all sophmores and still up and coming i thinking you are very very wrong. but for this year i am going to say they will be no worse than 10th at state.

On another note larue Co. they do have alot of wrestlers but they are all unexperienced wrestlers. they had experienced wrestlers last year. they lost i believe 7 to 9 seniors last year.

North Hardin is also in the same place as larue, but north still has terance 119, ty wolf 171, and mark jones 189 are all they really have that are big piont makers for them at state. other wise they lost alot of seniors to.

i disagree larue did lose alot of wrestlers but their lower weights are good and i see them pulling off alot of upsets

kywildman they lost 9 of there 14 wrestlers that were very experienced, they only have like 5 that are lower weights that are experienced still and that are ready to go with other good varsity wrestlers 5 wrestlers cant carry a team. :|