Sign in to follow this  
THE_BOP!!!!!

please

valley high school still needsa head coach and if we dont get one i wont be able to wrestle my senior year adn that would really suck so please message me so i can get the link of what you need to fill out to apply

ive been trying to get him to do it since last year lol but ill tell im

Good luck Bop, I really hope you guys find a coach. It would really be a shame to lose you in region 3. Good luck to you and everyone at valley.

This is very distubing to me. 

We clamor about how we need to get more teams in Kentucky, yet we have two teams in the Lou. area that don't have coaches.  Neither of these schools are new teams with extremely small turnout.  Both of these teams seem to be able to fill at least 10 wt. classes every year. 

In Nky we seem to have several ex-wrestlers that would love to be a head coach.  Yet we cannot get teams to start programs.  (Boone Co. will restart their program this year)

The Lou. area is a huge area.  Most of the schools are within 45 minutes of each other.  It is hard to believe that no-one will step up and take either of these teams.

To the hundreds of alumni that live in the Lou. area.  You need to step up and help out these teams.  Don't worry if they are not a Woodford, or Trinity, or Larue Co..  You can make them into that.  You can't start at the top.  You have to build your way up to the top.  This is a great opportunity for a young coach to get started.  

Make some phone calls, beg your uncles, dads, neighbors that wrestled to coach these teams.  We cannot let 2 schools that have been around as long as these two to loose their programs.

What the hell have the AD's at these two schools been doing since February?  They both knew that they had these coaching positions to fill and have failed miserably.  Here it is a month before the season starts and they still haven't filled these positions, what a joke.  If they can not find some one to take over the programs, they should take on the responsibility themselves, even if they know nothing about wrestling.  I am totally outraged at this incompetence, this is how programs die and never regain a competitive status.  Bop, I will start making phone calls tonight, I will do my best to find you a coach.

Hey stand up    don't forget about DOSS we have the state 215 champion coming back this year. Derek Nickel

Hay man I may be able to talk to my neibor, I know he is retired from his old job and may be intrested. Im not 100% sure though. I will get back to you on this.

Just a question, what are the qualifications on coaching? Do they have to have any speacial degree or do they have to work at the school??

http://www.khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/bylaw27.pdf

This is the link to bylaw 27 of the KHSAA handbook, which gives the requirements for a coach or head coach.

in short these are the requirements, but you can look at them yourself.

1. Must be 21 years of age.

2. Must not have a felony

3. Must go through a criminal check

4. Must have 64 collage hours.

**If I am reading this correct there is an exception.

It states that if no-one can be found then the superintendent can nominate for hire by the board of education the most qualified person for the position.  Which means they may not have some of these requirements. 

We must work quickly to get these kids a coach. 

There is a time when we must all get serious and this is one of those times.

Set all bias, grudges, and hatred aside and lets work together and try to find these kids a coach at both Doss and Valley high school in Lou. 

I can navigate the KHSAA website pretty good now so if you need help trying to find out who to notify or contact I will do my best to research and find out.

If I were anywhere close enough to take the position I would, but it is just to far to travel for me. 

What the hell have the AD's at these two schools been doing since February?  They both knew that they had these coaching positions to fill and have failed miserably.  Here it is a month before the season starts and they still haven't filled these positions, what a joke.  If they can not find some one to take over the programs, they should take on the responsibility themselves, even if they know nothing about wrestling.  I am totally outraged at this incompetence, this is how programs die and never regain a competitive status.  Bop, I will start making phone calls tonight, I will do my best to find you a coach.

stand up thank you but when we found out that the coach wasnt going to do it this year we had a coach till this week because we had one of the teachers but his wifes having a kid and he wont have the time

http://www.khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/bylaw27.pdf

This is the link to bylaw 27 of the KHSAA handbook, which gives the requirements for a coach or head coach.

in short these are the requirements, but you can look at them yourself.

1. Must be 21 years of age.

2. Must not have a felony

3. Must go through a criminal check

4. Must have 64 collage hours.

**If I am reading this correct there is an exception.

It states that if no-one can be found then the superintendent can nominate for hire by the board of education the most qualified person for the position.  Which means they may not have some of these requirements.   

We must work quickly to get these kids a coach. 

There is a time when we must all get serious and this is one of those times.

Set all bias, grudges, and hatred aside and lets work together and try to find these kids a coach at both Doss and Valley high school in Lou. 

I can navigate the KHSAA website pretty good now so if you need help trying to find out who to notify or contact I will do my best to research and find out.

If I were anywhere close enough to take the position I would, but it is just to far to travel for me. 

Thank you. Im going to talk to my neibor after school today. We live close by doss and valley. Im hoping all will go well with him, im going to try my best. These are two region 3 teams, and we all know region 3 is a region that sticks together.

Guest jp

Did Coach Warner ever sign on for the PRP position ?

Why doesn't KSHAA (Mr. Tackett) put more pressure or interest on these schools administration?  Pressure from the TOP down.

If the state shows an interest by calling superintendents and principals and asking what they are doing to resolve the issuses; maybe, alittle more emphasize would be put into getting a coach.

If a school has to drop a program due to "NO coach"; then the state has to make some exception to either put the kids in a program (some how) or let them wrestle unattached.

Parents at these schools should be outraged and addressing the issuses with school boards.

It's ashame to hear this. :-(

stand up thank you but when we found out that the coach wasnt going to do it this year we had a coach till this week because we had one of the teachers but his wifes having a kid and he wont have the time

I should've known that Mr. Raleigh wouldn't leave you guys hanging like that.  I'm sure he's doing everything he can to get someone in there.  I made two calls today and came up empty twice.  How about Jared Frances? He told me once that he would like to coach some day.  I sent him an e-mail but haven't heard back yet.  Hang in there Bop!!

stand up jared frances is in the milatary

The last time I talked to Frances, he told me that he was trying to get into the Air Force Academy.  I hope he's not in Iraq.

If I still lived out in the southend, I would take the job Bop. My Dad was an all- state football player for Valley, so I grew up a Valley fan.

People don't need to worry about Doss.  They will have a coach.  I know this because I was the assistant there last year and thought I would be unable to coach again this year due to having a 20 month old and a 3 month old at home.  I ran all the practices, made the schedule, etc.  However, I did put in for the job today and expect to get the position.  If someone else puts in for it, then that's great.  Good luck to them.  The school you guys need to worry is Valley, even though I know Mr. Raleigh will get a coach for them.  He is an excellent A.D. and I know he will put emphasis on wrestling because his 2 sons wrestled there.  What about some of the other South End Schools in Louisville.  Last I heard Iroquois and Fairdale were still looking for coaches as well.  Did they fill their positions?

People don't need to worry about Doss.  They will have a coach.  I know this because I was the assistant there last year and thought I would be unable to coach again this year due to having a 20 month old and a 3 month old at home.  I ran all the practices, made the schedule, etc.  However, I did put in for the job today and expect to get the position.  If someone else puts in for it, then that's great.  Good luck to them.  The school you guys need to worry is Valley, even though I know Mr. Raleigh will get a coach for them.  He is an excellent A.D. and I know he will put emphasis on wrestling because his 2 sons wrestled there.  What about some of the other South End Schools in Louisville.  Last I heard Iroquois and Fairdale were still looking for coaches as well.  Did they fill their positions?

Iroquois has a coach, Gary Cole.  That still leaves Fairdale, Valley and Western just in Region 3 without a coach.  :-( :cry:

Guest jp

Iroquois has a coach, Gary Cole.  That still leaves Fairdale, Valley and Western just in Region 3 without a coach.  :-( :cry:

If Fairdale doesn't have a coach will they have the bluegrass tournament the second week of Dec?

OK what is the status on these teams.

Correct me if I'm wrong but;

1.  Doss has a coach (just waiting on the comfermation)

2.  Iroquois has a coach.

3.  Valley is still without a coach.

4.  Fairdale is still without a coach.

5.  Western is still without a coach.

Is this correct :? :? :?

Guest wrestler92

Jeff co. website shows that Atherton is still looking for a coach and J-town was all last year but that listing is gone now so who took that?