Sign in to follow this  
Anklepick

Who's Going To The BSG?

Lol dang 12 matches though.. youd be toasted. Thats like 3 tourneys in one day. And the 5 match rule.

I don't think the 5 match rule applies to off season tournies. I think it's only during highschool season. Can anyone give me a definate answer as to whether or not i'll be able to wrestle in four brackets? Two is fine but I would like to get as much in as possible.

Im telling you now, it is a deffinite no that you cant wrestle in 4 brackets. And yeah your right about the 5 match rule, I dont think it goes into effect. You might be able to get some exhibitions in though.

I don't think the 5 match rule applies to off season tournies. I think it's only during highschool season. Can anyone give me a definate answer as to whether or not i'll be able to wrestle in four brackets? Two is fine but I would like to get as much in as possible.

Most off season tournaments don't worry about the 5 match rule.  It just depends on the tournament and what rules they go by.  I believe the 5 match rule is a National High School Federation rule.  All the h.s. refs during season are insured through the KHSAA which abides by these rules.  In the off season, a lot of the tourneys use AAU & USAW.  They have their own rules.  I don't believe either have a 5 match rule, but they have a minimum rest period. 

hehe, 12 matches in 1 day, you'll be worn out, but good for you!  That's awesome. 

I spoke to Chris McCoy about this and confirmed that you can only compete in basically 2 brackets.  You can bump up in age or in weight, and enter 2 brackets - max.  He has not charged in the past for the 2nd bracket...i can't swear he won't this year or in the future..but it's well worth it if he does. 

Guest cmccoy

OK guys. I am working on the remote weigh-in sites and will make my decisions tonight and get them posted in the morning. Let me address a few things.

1. You can wrestle in two weight classes (Cadet 160 and Cadet 171) OR you can wrestle in two age groups (Cadet 160 and Junior 160) but you can not do both. A participant can only do two due to having to wrestle back to back with no break. This is a safety issue and I will not budge on this to get more matches. We work hard to make sure everyone gets matches and has an enjoyable yet competitive tournament.

2. I will not know the numbers of participants until the Friday before. I have the pre-registrations but the numbers were around 50 and most were from Wayne County.

3. If you have not registered, please do not mail in the registration. Simply take it to weigh-ins.

4. Since the early entry deadline has passed, the cost is $25.00.

I hope this helps.

Coach McCoy

Chirs---If we are planning on weighing @ a remote site do you want the registration faxed to you...please advise.

Thanks

OK guys. I am working on the remote weigh-in sites and will make my decisions tonight and get them posted in the morning. Let me address a few things.

1. You can wrestle in two weight classes (Cadet 160 and Cadet 171) OR you can wrestle in two age groups (Cadet 160 and Junior 160) but you can not do both. A participant can only do two due to having to wrestle back to back with no break. This is a safety issue and I will not budge on this to get more matches. We work hard to make sure everyone gets matches and has an enjoyable yet competitive tournament.

2. I will not know the numbers of participants until the Friday before. I have the pre-registrations but the numbers were around 50 and most were from Wayne County.

3. If you have not registered, please do not mail in the registration. Simply take it to weigh-ins.

4. Since the early entry deadline has passed, the cost is $25.00.

I hope this helps.

Coach McCoy

Guest cmccoy

Please take all registrations and money to the weigh-in sites. The site directors know what to do from there. Please do not mail anything or fax it. They will take care of it.

Just to verify this for me. Can you pay/register/weigh-in the day of?

No.  You must weigh-in/pay/register at a remote weigh-in location or on Friday night at Lafayette HS.

Everyone Who wants a bunch of matches Here is a hint. Go to the best guys young and old and ask for an exebiton match! Almost every wrestler will take it something about to much pride. Ask guys you even know u will loose to . It is a good way to get experience and see if all your summer training is payin off. Last blue grass games i think i got 9 matches beetween High school university and exebitions