Sign in to follow this  
Mathound

*Small* Schools

Hopefully some of you coaches can help me out. I'm trying to make a list of which schools are eligible for the run at the *small school* title at the state tournament.

Can anyone help me out and list all the schools that are considered small school?

If the list has not changed (I don't think it has) We (Holmes) were the only small school from Nky until Newport came around.

When the list came out we were the largest school on the small school list, and Dixie was the smallest school on the large school list.

Is small school under 1,000 enrollment?

NO

Originally what they did was take all the schools and divided them equally in half.

I think at the time we had 64 teams and they made 32 small schools and 32 large schools.

That is how Holmes became a small school.  I think we had something like 1030 students. and Dixie had 1045.

Guest wrestler92

The smallest school with a wrestling team is KSB with 37, Kentucky School for the Blind.

I believe they split in either 1999 or 2000.

I remember during my 1st years at Holmes, coach Webb telling me that we (Holmes) were the largest small school.

Remember howeve that the small school state championship is not KHSAA sanctioned.  It is a KWCA award.