Sign in to follow this  
CJDM250

3-Sport Athletes

I know it is more common in smaller schools but how many wrestlers does your team have that play three sports. Sheldon Clark has two, Matt Slone 125lbs also plays defensive back for the football team and starts at shortstop or 2nd base on the baseball team, his older brother B.J Slone Hwt is the starting fullback and linebacker for the football team and pitches on the baseball team.

At KCD,  eight out of nine guys on the team play at least three sports.  Some guys even play four.  Everyone on the team either plays football, soccer or runs cross-country in the fall.  Some are on the Swim team and wrestling team at the same time during the winter.  In the spring they run track, play lacrosse or baseball sometimes playing two sports at the same time.  Most of the guys maintain a 3.5 gpa or better,  and have had near perfect scores on the SAT. We have graduates at Princeton, Wharton school of business, Centre, Stanford, Harvard and other top colleges across the Nation. I'm not sure how they stay so busy and maintain their high level of academic achievement, but I'm incredibly proud to be their Coach.

At KCD,  eight out of nine guys on the team play at least three sports.  Some guys even play four.  Everyone on the team either plays football, soccer or runs cross-country in the fall.  Some are on the Swim team and wrestling team at the same time during the winter.  In the spring they run track, play lacrosse or baseball sometimes playing two sports at the same time.  Most of the guys maintain a 3.5 gpa or better,  and have had near perfect scores on the SAT. We have graduates at Princeton, Wharton school of business, Centre, Stanford, Harvard and other top colleges across the Nation. I'm not sure how they stay so busy and maintain their high level of academic achievement, but I'm incredibly proud to be their Coach.

Wow thats great!  I'm sure you are very proud to be their coach.  Sometimes their athletic success shadows their academic success.  B.J Slone is also the Valedictorian of his class and is definately one of the most intelligent kids i've ever coached.

i run cross country,wrestle,track,soccer, and BASEALL at southern

LOL, We dont even know how to play soccer,yet were going to to be on the team next year haha.(southerns first team next year). Basically, its gonna be us cross country kids and half the wrestling team kickin and chasin around a ball. lol

*ANYWAY*

At southern most wrestlers play 3 sports. Most run >-cc->...Wrestle, then run track. Some play baseball. Our coach always gets football players too. Thats how he got his state champion... :-D :-D :-D

i dont do any other sport besides wrestling but we have a handful that do football-wrestling-track-powerlifting. Our best was probably Chris Purcell his senior year in football they won state, in wrestling he got second, and in pole vaulting he got second

i dont do any other sport besides wrestling but we have a handful that do football-wrestling-track-powerlifting. Our best was probably Chris Purcell his senior year in football they won state, in wrestling he got second, and in pole vaulting he got second

I bet his jacket is stacked with patches...

i dont play three sports but we did have a few that played football, wrestled and played baseball. I just wrestle and run track and mite run cross country next not sure.

Im starting to get the point that alot of wrestlers participate in more than one sport...mainly >cc-> and Track...lol :-D

Im starting to get the point that alot of wrestlers participate in more than one sport...mainly >cc-> and Track...lol :-D

yea you sort of stay in shape so its not to hard for wrestling season

If you include power lifting im in 3 sports, football wrestling and weightlifting.