Sign in to follow this  
naplesme

New Teams

Can anyone cofirm or deny the following rumored new teams?

Butler

Clarke County

Marshall County

Pulaski County

Boone County

And any more that people have heard about.

Butler is gettin' a team. My friend Jason goes there and is gonna be on it. They are already rounded guys up to come out from what I hear. I think they have the ability to make some noise in region three.

Shawnee, Western, Iroquis, Southern, PRP, Bullit Central, Valley, Fairdale, Butler, Meade Co., Desales, Doss. That's makes 12 this next season.

Shawnee, Western, Iroquis, Southern, PRP, Bullit Central, Valley, Fairdale, Butler, Meade Co., Desales, Doss. That's makes 12 this next season.

You forgot Holy Cross.  That makes 13.  Man they really need to reallign the regions.

You forgot Holy Cross.  That makes 13.  Man they really need to reallign the regions.

Thanks. I knew I was leaving someone out. I like having another team. I think region 8 has like 15 teams. The more competition in the region the better, I think.

I believe that will make around 80 teams in the state with wrestling.  If we could get 10 in each region that would be great.  If it continues to grow we will need to split the regions back into districts. 

This is what we need to shoot for.  :-D

Guest wrestler92

The districts won't ever come back because khsaa wants state to be three days long for the money.  And they don't want to get rid of so many kids that wouldn't be going to state if we had districts than region than state.

What region is Boyd Co. in? What regions only have like 6 or 7 in them? They should definitely realign the regions because it isn't fair if some regions you only have to beat 1 guy to get to state and others you have to win like 3.

The districts won't ever come back because khsaa wants state to be three days long for the money.  And they don't want to get rid of so many kids that wouldn't be going to state if we had districts than region than state.

With growth you could still have the 3 day state tournament along with district and region.  District would be pretty weak where 4 out of 5 kids advance to region or everyone advances in somecases.  It would probably take 100 schools at a minimum.  That would put at least 6 teams per district (16 districts) and 12 teams per region (8 regions, same as today).  I really like that possibility.  UNLESS, the KHSAA decides to go to 2 classes.

With growth you could still have the 3 day state tournament along with district and region.  District would be pretty weak where 4 out of 5 kids advance to region or everyone advances in somecases.  It would probably take 100 schools at a minimum.  That would put at least 6 teams per district (16 districts) and 12 teams per region (8 regions, same as today).  I really like that possibility.  UNLESS, the KHSAA decides to go to 2 classes.

This is what I was referring to.  If the Regions get to 10-12 teams then they really need a two day tourney anyway.  They could split them into districts. making 16 districts, 

What region is Boyd Co. in? What regions only have like 6 or 7 in them? They should definitely realign the regions because it isn't fair if some regions you only have to beat 1 guy to get to state and others you have to win like 3.

Region 4 only has 8 teams with KSB and Atherton so its not alot to place. I lost to Chui when beat a Central kid then lost to Barton for 3nd and 4th. We should get 3 or 4 more teams, but with Trinity, Seneca, and st.X all in the same little region, regional champ is tough to get but as for placing its easy.

region 4 is supposed to have waggner to but they never have a team they have a coach but no wrestlers. I think that would change next year because there are about 3 russian kids over there that all wrestle.

If a couple more schools in Jefferson County/Louisville pick up wrestling, I can see Meade County and Bullitt Central getting placed with the Hardins/LaRue/Nelson region.

Bullitt Central used to be in the same football districts with the Hardins (as did Meade), and is in the same region for cross country and track, so it's not that far fetched.

Meade used to be in a district with the Hardins for almost every sport, so it's more natural.

That would help alleviate some of the crowding in Louisville.