Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2007/2008 Pre-season March 4

I will get them in there at the next update which will be early April (I'm on a monthly schedule until pre-season).  Speaking of updates, when can we expect to see the results of the Gable tournament at Union?

Coach Ervin is working on them.

I only know a couple of results from the Gable Classic. Winning first for Union were Jarvis Elam(112, beat Travis Girten of North Posey, Indiana in the the finals match. Girten finished 2nd at the Mater Dei Holiday Classic this year.) Mitch Ervin (160, beat cousin Tanner Wedding who placed 8th in Indiana at 160 this year.) Keaton Thomas (105, next year freshman) Isaac Thomas (105, defeated Henderson's Chris Meriweather(regional runner up at 103) in double-overtime to claim first, sophomore next year) Caleb Ervin (119, freshman next year) Luke Ervin (140, took a forfeit over Isaac Ervin in the finals of 140 match.) and Timothy McKenney(160, next year freshman.) Placing 2nd for Union were Joshua Willett(145) Steve Taylor(285) Tanner Wedding(160) Duncan Taylor(125, next year freshman) Isaac Ervin(140, didn't wrestle finals vs. Luke Ervin.) and Jakup Baker(152, cousin to Jeff Baker of Union who was a 2x regional champ and brother to a state 5th placer.) Union will be sending an All-Star team to the Dixie National Duals in Homewood, Alabama this weekend. 9 dual meets in 2 days.

I only know a couple of results from the Gable Classic. Winning first for Union were Jarvis Elam(112, beat Travis Girten of North Posey, Indiana in the the finals match. Girten finished 2nd at the Mater Dei Holiday Classic this year.) Mitch Ervin (160, beat cousin Tanner Wedding who placed 8th in Indiana at 160 this year.) Keaton Thomas (105, next year freshman) Isaac Thomas (105, defeated Henderson's Chris Meriweather(regional runner up at 103) in double-overtime to claim first, sophomore next year) Caleb Ervin (119, freshman next year) Luke Ervin (140, took a forfeit over Isaac Ervin in the finals of 140 match.) and Timothy McKenney(160, next year freshman.) Placing 2nd for Union were Joshua Willett(145) Steve Taylor(285) Tanner Wedding(160) Duncan Taylor(125, next year freshman) Isaac Ervin(140, didn't wrestle finals vs. Luke Ervin.) and Jakup Baker(152, cousin to Jeff Baker of Union who was a 2x regional champ and brother to a state 5th placer.) Union will be sending an All-Star team to the Dixie National Duals in Homewood, Alabama this weekend. 9 dual meets in 2 days.

who won heavy?

I think either a guy from Illinois or a guy from the No-Ox team(Hardin Schools) won at heavy, and no Jordan, I don't think Wedding is moving to Union Co. There are rumors of it but its highly unlikely he will. He just wrestles from Union in the offseason.

I agree three Houchins is very tough and, mark my words will be a State Champ at least once before he graduates, he has the work ethic it takes to make a champ.

I agree with Mr. Granby about Houchens.  I know he and Nickel knock heads all off season long.  They are training partners.  They were last season and that was one reason for Nickel's improvement.  They both have extraordinary work ethics and I can reasonably assume Houchens will improve from his sophomore year to his junior year much the same as Nickel did his.

when are the new rankings comin out?

Yea. I can only read everypost over and over again every morning before first period so many times before Daniel Sauer thinks i'm obsessed. lol. I NEED YOUR NEW RANKINGS!!! They made me change my name because of you. The least you could do is update son.

-Hugs and Kisses

Snuggle feet :wink:

Yea. I can only read everypost over and over again every morning before first period so many times before Daniel Sauer thinks i'm obsessed. lol. I NEED YOUR NEW RANKINGS!!! They made me change my name because of you. The least you could do is update son.

-Hugs and Kisses

Snuggle feet :wink:

I feel ya...

There's not really enough action to update the rankings so often in the off-season.

I can really only see the need for about 2 (Maybe 3) pre-season rankings during the summer. There just isn't going to be enough change to justify a new set of rankings  :|

Does any other state sites do summer rankings more often? Ohio?

I do have a number of changes that I have made based on some feedback I received.  But I really wanted to get the Border Wars and Gable (Union) info before putting out the update.  Maybe I'll do it anyway in the next couple days, but would really prefer that info to see how fat some guys are already this spring.