Guest TroJanMan112

05-06 King Of The Bluegrass

pioneer and old:

I am not woodford 99, although he is a close friend o mine and will be happy to hear that you think so highly of him.

And BTW WOODFORD COUNTY is known nationwide (I've wrestled outside this state in HS and college and almost everywhere I went as soon as I mentioned KY they asked if I was from woodford co., dominating a state for 25 yrs kinda makes its way around). Obviously you are far too immature or sore to discuss HS wrestling w/o taking personal shots so I am done replying to anything you guys say..I have too many other things to worry about so... good luck to whoever you cheer for and keep on hating WC( if you want) it will get you nowhere....and ol grappler you continuously say that you have respect for rusty and carr but would you say these things to their face??? Do you really respect them if you consistently call their wrestlers "trashy, cocky, etc." i doubt you would even look carr in the face w/o telling him how great he and woodford are for this state and this sport. Who beat woodford this weekend......an in-state school????? just wonderin I don;t know, but i do know they are w/o two state finalsts right now.

KYgrappler

haha, you're delusional dude....st. paris graham, lakewood st. eds, blair academy....they're known everywhere....you guys are probably somewhat well known in the bordering states, but i seriously doubt even a handful of wrestlers from say Iowa know what state WC is even from. whatever, i give up. i'm sure there's a ton of ex & current WC wrestlers that are ashamed of you on here running your mouth. hope you & woodford99 are proud.

Who Beat them was Larue Co. at the Oldham Co. Super Duals

I have known Joe and Rusty for going on 20 years now. I have mentioned to them how sneaky they personally are and how cocky their wrestlers are. Joe's reply is typical Joe, Laughing, patting me on the back, and saying in a low voice, "I know". Rusty on the other hand denies it.

25 years of dominance maybe 15 years of continuous success.

Woodford had great success in the 70's, however in the 80's they were almost forgotten. They returned to their 70's success in the early 90's, and have continued througout.

At for other people knowing Woodford Co. out of state, I would give that credit to Joe Carr and the Carr family. The Carr name is a wrestling name, if not for Joe Woodford would have just as much recognition as the others. I on the other hand am asked if I wrestled for Campbell Co. whenever I talk about wrestling in Ohio, to Ohio wrestlers, coaches, and ex-wrestlers in the Columbus, Dayton, and Cleveland area. Lately they have been asking if I wrestled for Ryle. Only on occation do they remember the name of Woodford Co., they do however know there is another good team in Lou/Lex. area.

As for who I root for, it's not uncommon for me to root for a Woodford Co. wrestler. I root for the wrestlers that have class on and off the mat, and for those who will represent our state with dignity if they continue on past high school. Not all Woodford Co. wrestlers are cocky, just more than on usual teams.

I know the secret to Woodford's success it's team pride, maybe only Larue Co. can compete with that. I enjoy watching them "run the gauntlet" onto he mat. I enjoy watching the team greet their wrestler after the match win or lose. This type of hype pulls a team together, but in my opinoin they need to do this with humility, much like Larue and Campebel do.

you actually think people outside of this state have heard of WC? :lol::lol::lol::lol: Give me a break!!! oh wait' date=' i'm sure that team from Ohio that doubled up your score at the hammer & anvil last year has heard of you. and yes, i have a ring too...so don't start puffin your chest up there chief. don't worry about revealing your secret identity....your secret's safe with me woodford99....oops...i suppose you didn't want your secret, secret identity leaked. :lol::lol:

btw - as since i'm pretty sure you are in fact the infamous woodford99, i thought you'd like to know that when you were making a fool of yourself on here before, i got several PMs from woodford guys on here saying ignore that creep...as one person put it "he's a nobody that thought he was somebody"

don't make it personal, and it won't be personal.[/quote']

Pioneer_Pride-

You obviously have your stories mixed pal! KY_Grappler and I are not the same person, but like he said are very good friends. Also, I don't believe that anyone would call me a creep; who says creep anymore? I also don't think that anyone who really knows me would call me a "nobody who thought I was a somebody." As far as that goes they and you can kiss my a**. Please don't hesitate to come looking for a conversation about this if you are at any of the holiday tourneys. I will be more than happy to give you some knowledge and formally introduce myself.

P.S. My two rings are heavy anymore, I am getting old!

Well spoken grappler of ancient days! I acknowledge everything you say and agree 100%. As a Larue parent and fan, I can honestly say that we (fans) are arrogant and very loud when we wrestle WC. We do this for a reason because we believe that WC and LC are the only real rivalry in Kentucky wrestling. Not taking a thing away from other schools just stating what I believe to be true. I have nothing but respect for the WC program and their success but I still don't like them and never will (it's called rivalry) and it exists at all levels and kinds of sports and IMHO it's a good thing. As for LC's wrestlers, I can vouch for everyone of them because I know them all. You won't find a better group of kids and I dare say their opponenets will vouch for them as well. Ozzy Parker is the most polite kid on the planet, Pat Banks and Stacy Miller have the deameanor of an ice cube and are never rattled win or lose and I could go on about the others as well. Watch Gary Canter when one of his kid's get's out of line...punishment is harsh and swift.

Pappy-

Finally, someone who knows what they are talking about. Is it uncommon for fans to boo when competing against a rival??? I am going to the Louisville vs. Kentucky game this weekend. Do you not think that Rupp Arena will be filled with boos when Louisville takes the court? This is a common thing in sports, you all somehow try and create this picture that high school wrestling is a sanctuary, where everyone should be friends and smack each other on the a** after every match. In any sport their are heated rivalries, so everyone quit crying and claiming that Woodford gets booed because nobody likes or respectst them. The truth of the matter is, that most human beings will pull for the underdog to take down the favorite everytime.

lol, i threw the creep in there on my own, it's sort of meant as a joke that apparently wasn't funny to you. however, i will swear on a stack of bibles that a WC wrestler that I know...sent me a PM (last season) and stated about woodford99 something to the effect of: "Please don't judge WC by woodford99....I know who he is....he's a nobody who thinks he's a somebody." This is a person who's still involved with the WC program who stated this.

I definitely don't have the story mixed up there. And even if you 2 aren't the same person, you're obviously friends who think/speak alike on here, and come off as very cocky and doing a very poor job of representing WC wrestling. If you guys like WC having a reputation as being very cocky, by all means, continue your ways. I can tell you, the friend of mine who sent me the PM doesn't want WC guys to appear cocky. (he stated this in his pm & in conversation at the state tourney last year). I doubt the coaches want WC guys to appear cocky, yet here we are...3 or 4 people on here arguing back and forth with 1 or 2 cocky WC wrestlers. You'll never learn, so i'm done chatting with you about it.

PiPride;

I did not mean our wrestlers being arrogant, I meant our fans (esp. me). As I went on to state, I believe just the opposite about our kids. The people in Atlanta last year could not get over our (fans and wrestlers) enthusiasm and the fact that our kids showed so much class and school spirit (something that rarely is displayed anymore). Heck our kids started singing the school fight song after tournament wins last year and have carried that on into this year (O.C. Super duals). I love it because it reminds me of the good ol days.

Guest DAWG6

Thats the way it should be every year!

:)

Go Cards!

The best thing about Rupp area "is see Blue and White Wrestling Mats from one end to the other" :twisted:

Red and White for the Cards Area :twisted:

Wow, now there's two of em arguing with you Pioneer. You've really opened a can of worms, or stepped in a real hornet's nest. We'll all be the judge of which, but i'm voting not a hornet's nest.

Okay, that was a pretty gay riddle .... i'm bored now.

Not to bing a bad subject back up but I have been following this feud between a couple people on here about woodford having bad sportsmanship and being cocky but I saw them at the Bourbon County Bash this weekend and they carried themselves very well. I found the wrestlers coaches and parents/fans to be very respectful. Great job on the wrestling this weekend to all the wrestlers at Bourbon.