littleschool130

favorite wrestler to watch from a different team at state

Justin Davis is the funnest person to watch! When he threw that kid into the curtain at state i almost died laughing I also liked when he wrestled malcolm earlier this year and started pumping his arms up during the match it was great lol

I also likw to watch Deon Chaney in his closer matches with people like dockery and green its always so close and he pulls out a huge throw and the crowd goes wild

Daniel Thuenerman was one of my favorite wrestlers to watch.  He was always on the offensive. 

He was always trying to find a way to score.  Just look what he did to Courtney in the last period.

yeah, i love atching his quick ankle picks and high crotchs.

I'm glad to finally see some people make some positive remarks about Justin Davis; those of us from Eastern love him even though he's only winning by getting takedowns and lettin' em up. We're looking forward to him gaining experience.

I never get tired of watching John Wolfieser from Fern Creek. Though others see power and quickness from him I see planned and calculated moves with the end in mind. I guess he is all of the above!

Justin Davis' matches are always exciting, I agree. And when you consider he's a first-year wrestler -- watch out! 

I also liked watching Bailey, the heavyweight from Ft. Knox. The heavyweight matches are often boring -- kind of like sumo wrestling, but Bailey is really quick and light on his feet, as well as strong.

One other who comes to mind is Chaney from Fern Creek. Although he lost in the finals, he was a powerful wrestler all season.

Daniel Thueman is my favorite to watch because of his style of wrestling and gives you very exciting matches. Also I think that he is a better wrestler than Courtney no matter what the score was. I will always think that. I'd like to see a rematch though maybe bluegrass games at 152?

I like to watch Byrd for his jap throws. Also Jones for his big lateral drops.

Daniel Thueman is my favorite to watch because of his style of wrestling and gives you very exciting matches. Also I think that he is a better wrestler than Courtney no matter what the score was. I will always think that. I'd like to see a rematch though maybe bluegrass games at 152?

I don't understand that comment, unless you are Thueneman's mother or girlfriend.  No matter what the score was?  All I can say is Courtney beat him both times they wrestled this season (I don't want to hear about and bad calls either).  And Courtney has a few state championships on the mantle.  Nuff said.  I agree that Thueneman's style of wrestling is very exciting and he is very good.  I wish we could get a lot more kids to be that aggressive on their feet.  But to say that he is better just doesn't make sense.

I don't understand that comment, unless you are Thueneman's mother or girlfriend.  No matter what the score was?  All I can say is Courtney beat him both times they wrestled this season (I don't want to hear about and bad calls either).  And Courtney has a few state championships on the mantle.  Nuff said.  I agree that Thueneman's style of wrestling is very exciting and he is very good.  I wish we could get a lot more kids to be that aggressive on their feet.  But to say that he is better just doesn't make sense.

Now Ranger this statement can make sense.  There are always wrestlers out there that lose to another wrestler for whatever reason and they are not as good as that person.  I've seen this numerous times in the time I have been watching sports.  I'm not saying I agree with this, I'm not saying I don't either, but it is possible. The best team or person does not always win.

Now Ranger this statement can make sense.  There are always wrestlers out there that lose to another wrestler for whatever reason and they are not as good as that person.  I've seen this numerous times in the time I have been watching sports.  I'm not saying I agree with this, I'm not saying I don't either, but it is possible. The best team or person does not always win.

Yes, it makes some sense if you have an upset or two guys with equal credentials coming in.  But comparing a potential 4 time state champ and someone who has come up short a few times and the champ wins the head-to-head matchup a couple times then the comment makes no sense.

Each of the head to head match ups were close.

Lets say that Thuenerman is the better wrestler but Courtney knows how to win.

Thuenerman just had a block against Courntey.  Usually we can say Thuenerman will beat the ones Courtney losses to but we don't have any of thoes in KY.  There out there just not in KY.

Each of the head to head match ups were close.

Lets say that Thuenerman is the better wrestler but Courtney knows how to win.

Thuenerman just had a block against Courntey.  Usually we can say Thuenerman will beat the ones Courtney losses to but we don't have any of thoes in KY.  There out there just not in KY.

I think Thueneman also had a block against Peace as well this season.  At some point I think we just have to give the other guy his due.  Yes, over the years they have split some matches, all of them pretty close I believe.  But you have to remember that Courtney is 2 years younger.  So I say all else being equal (and they are not because Courtney has the rings to prove it) that makes the difference.

if you ask me i think grappler is right. maybe not in this particular case but in most cases. the better wrestler can lose if he gets caught in something or their styles clash. if the better guy is really good at takedowns and someone else is really good at defending shots, and he happens to getcaught in a headlock and cement jobed to his back or something that doesnt prove anything except stregth. i like thuenamen better than courtney, but in this case it seems courtney has somewhat proved he is the better wrestler. i am not fully convinced that courtney would beat him everytime they wrestle. but hes beat him when it matters.

Truth is. I'm not sure if Thuenerman has a mental block against Courtney.  I think his mental block is winning the big matches.  He had his chance three years in a row and blew it each time. 

Courtney is a gammer and is able to do what it takes to win.  If this means he is better then he is.  No one cares how or why they won they just know he won. 

My hat is off to Courtney and he looks to be one of our next 4 timers.

nobody can touch him and courtney has the mental block on anyone..he will dominate no matter what

What about the beast that beat him from Brookvile at the Hammer and Anvil?  He didn't seem to have a mental block and he placed 2nd losing 7-3 in the finals.

Courtney placed 3rd at this toureny.

As I stated I tip my hat to him he won the matches he needed to.

Grappler perhaps you should go back and check your facts.Courtney placed second in the tournament you are speaking of and DID NOT LOSE to a kid from Brookville, I was there got the tape watched it several times.

Unless you are talking about a year or 2 ago,but then again you cant really compare him now to then there is a big difference. But if youre talking about the Hammer and Anvil this year, Courtney beat Josie Neff  who Thuenemann also beat. Courtney beat him in the semi finals this year something like 9-1.

Grappler perhaps you should go back and check your facts.Courtney placed second in the tournament you are speaking of and DID NOT LOSE to a kid from Brookville, I was there got the tape watched it several times.

OOPPS looked up the wrong tourney.  He lost to Brownlee from Western Brown in the finals.

The point I was making is that he is not unstoppable as eaglewrestler215 stated (no one is).  There is always someone out there who can beat you. 

OOPPS looked up the wrong tourney.  He lost to Brownlee from Western Brown in the finals.

The point I was making is that he is not unstoppable as eaglewrestler215 stated (no one is).  There is always someone out there who can beat you. 

I think everyone can agree with that.  There is always some bad dude out there somewhere as Murton, Ruschell, Courtney, and even Cael Sanderson have all found out.