• 140-Bryan Peace-Ryle
    • 145-Harrison Courtney-Woodford
    • 152-Mitch Ervin-Union
    • 160-John Wolsiefer-Fern Creek
    • 171-Mason Reid-Ryle
    • 189-Will Starks-Woodford
    • 215-Derek Nickel-Doss
    • HWT-Matt Byrd-Woodford

derek nickel deserved it more than anyone. mitch irvin got it. hes a good wrestler, but derek is now the lowest ranked wrestler to win a state championship in the state of kentucky. he did it in grand style . he beat the 2 in the quarters. the 7 in the semis. then dominated chaney in the finals.what a show he put on wow he was possessed

I think Zarth from Henry Clay should have got it. I am not sure but I dont think he was scored on but once the whole tournament and this was suppose to be the toughest weight class. He controlled everyone.

if you use just what they did at the state tourney i would say nickle but your state tourney is the end of all your hard work and i think if you have a great year and go 5-0 at state then that should enter in to the vote jonny at 60 had aunbeaten season travis had a perfect year and voth had a ubeaten season and warner had a perfect season only giving up 4 points all season and i think those things should enter in to the coaches picks at state look at the upsets if you want to call them upsets i think the kids that won at the state tourney wanted it moore when it came down to it so would not call them upsets those boys just wrestled better for that 6 min what they do in mi is they have a 145 and under and 152 and up  but ithink every kid in the tourney should have been MOW because they all worked thier buts off to get there in the greatest high school sport ever        SO  HATS OFF TO ALL OF YOU    OUTSTANDING JOB

Congrats to Mitch Ervin, but I disagree that he was the Most Outstanding Wrestler of the tournament. I honestly think the two reasons he won it are because he beat Banks, and because his team won the tournament. Matt Zarth dominated his weight class, which was widely considered the hardest in the state. Also, Harrison Courtney showed some great poise and focus in his semi-finals match against Thuneman. That was the most exciting match of the tournament. Courtney could have won MOW.

if you use just what they did at the state tourney i would say nickle but your state tourney is the end of all your hard work and i think if you have a great year and go 5-0 at state then that should enter in to the vote jonny at 60 had aunbeaten season travis had a perfect year and voth had a ubeaten season and warner had a perfect season only giving up 4 points all season and i think those things should enter in to the coaches picks at state look at the upsets if you want to call them upsets i think the kids that won at the state tourney wanted it moore when it came down to it so would not call them upsets those boys just wrestled better for that 6 min what they do in mi is they have a 145 and under and 152 and up  but ithink every kid in the tourney should have been MOW because they all worked thier buts off to get there in the greatest high school sport ever        SO  HATS OFF TO ALL OF YOU    OUTSTANDING JOB

in that case you could put mitch ervin in that scenario because he too went undefeated also, and was the region one mow too

Irvins MOW had nothing to do with the team winning it.  The coaches vote.  The MOW is of the tournament, not of the season.  Thats what your local conference or newspapers will do.  Just like the team title, I would guess that the votes were as close as the team scores.  The MOW could have gone to anyone and stated their case well. 

I agree, just wanted to chime in that Elliott Martin was also undefeated and only gave up 1 take down this year, I know normally a 103 wouldn't get MOW but I'm very proud of him for wrestling a great season, and congratulations to everyone who participated this season.

sullivan didnt look very "outstanding" in the finals,he still won but he dindt deserve it, zarth won the hardest weight class and made it look easy,, thats outstanding

Like I said, WOW not MOW. If you don't think coming back like that isn't outstanding, I guess you have your opinion. It made the rest of the finals boring in comparison. I'll say this, if he hadn't come back, the MOW would have and should have gone to Whitley Co.

Wolseifer was dominant, controlling and mean. He made a statement when he wrestled that no one will ever challenge him. I like his style of wrestling. He didn't deserve MOW simply because he ran from the kid in the last 6 seconds which was unnecessary. If it weren't for his last 6 seconds, he should have been MOW.

Wolseifer was dominant, controlling and mean. He made a statement when he wrestled that no one will ever challenge him. I like his style of wrestling. He didn't deserve MOW simply because he ran from the kid in the last 6 seconds which was unnecessary. If it weren't for his last 6 seconds, he should have been MOW.

Johnny is a tremendous wrestler, but I can't agree that 'no one will ever challenge him'.  Scott Wheeler pushed him to the limit.

Though it wasn't the right thing to do, I couldnt help but laugh when wolsiefer started dodging Choate in the last seconds

Guest wrestler92

While I agree it was a good match, if Wolsifier hadn't been called for loading infractions 4 times and give three points to wheeler it wouldn't have been as close.  That was one of the matches that I think was a bit inconsistent as far as starting positions.  Why call it then but not in every other match?

Johnny is a tremendous wrestler, but I can't agree that 'no one will ever challenge him'.  Scott Wheeler pushed him to the limit.

Darwin Perez (130) from larue county..shocked 90 of the people in the state..yea he beat eck in the region finals..and then showed up again at state..he should be somewhere in the running..

OMG. TRAVIS SULLIVAN WITHOUT A DOUBT. geeze. nobody gave him respect whne he came into high school and he just killed everyone at the satte trounament. everyone said he was gonna get beat by carr this year and carr only took 7th. and if you say that his finals match is lucky after he got choked out and wrestled extremly smart and kept wrestling the hole match and worked his way on top and then pinned evans then you guys arent verry smart, or you just dont like o face the facts. i think travis sullivan should have been an abvious mow champ

OMG. TRAVIS SULLIVAN WITHOUT A DOUBT. geeze. nobody gave him respect whne he came into high school and he just killed everyone at the satte trounament. everyone said he was gonna get beat by carr this year and carr only took 7th. and if you say that his finals match is lucky after he got choked out and wrestled extremly smart and kept wrestling the hole match and worked his way on top and then pinned evans then you guys arent verry smart, or you just dont like o face the facts. i think travis sullivan should have been an abvious mow champ

No its just the fact he was getting beat badly and then stuck the kid its not that impressive...not taking away from sullivan hes the man but the kid from whitley wanted it more!

Guest uc215

IMO Travis Sullivan got extremely lucky, DC Evans was handling him....with the way he was shooting that double leg..he should have cut him and played it safe