Sign in to follow this  
dougiefresh

state finals predictions

After Voth got upset last year, I don't see him getting upset again, he learnt not to be overconfident and as of right now wrestles with more heart and determination than I even knew possible, plain and simple if he keeps his head level, state is his.

My side of the bracket is loaded too! (The bottom half of the 140 bracket) I would have been alot better off if I got 4th in my region!

yeah i saw that, i was dissapointed for you. and back to lewis and ohlman. lewis has thrown this year away in my opinion. he hasn't conditioned himself properly, some may link this to his injury, and even if it is his injuries fault, he is still way out of conditioning. i don't see him making it to the finals, call me crazy but thats what i think.

taking nothing away from harrison courtney, but i believe that thuenamen will step it up in the semi's and finally beat him, he won a match over the 5th place kid from ohio who beat courtney, and he looked very decisive over the region 6 145's (didn't have much competition)

also with lewis, i think that he has gone downhill, also with his injury at WCI by miley i think he just hasn't looked the same, i don't know he could possibly step it up, we'll see with time

also with cooper, he looked to have a lot of fluid on his knee when i saw it, and after his match with dillon he needed help walking off the mat, and he looked like it was really bothering him, we'll see how it looks

I haven't seen Slone wrestle but I'll stick with Ohlman.  He is a freshman and has made a few freshman mistakes but overall he is a very strong wrestler and learns from his mistakes.  He beat Lewis at State duals so I think he can come out of that bracket ok.

Slone is also a freshman and if i'm not mistaken he owned Ohlman last year in the middle school state finals.

I saw the prediction of two guys for Blake Kraft do you really think he will be there?  I know he is tough but I just can't see that.  He has to go through Eck who got his wake up call are region.  I just can't see Kraft over Eck. 

Here were my original picks, but now I must change them becase of the brackets.

103  Martin        12-2  Elam (Martin will dominate anyone left at 103)

112  Sullivan      6-3    Carr

119  Wood          4-2    Parks  (I know an upset, but I think he will be ready at state)

125  Voth            8-4    Vincent

130  Eck            10-1    Brown 

135  Warner        14-2    Stewart (Warner walks through this class)

140  Peace          8-2    Jackson (Peace is an animal)

145  Thuenerman  4-3    Courtney (Thuenermans time)

152  Cooper      10-2    Banks  (Cooper is unbelievable)

160  Wolsiefer    Pin      Choate (Wolsiefer will be extremely focused at state)

171  Reid          4-0      Rupp  (The one wt. class I am totally guessing at)

189  Jones        6-4      Starks  (Another upset call)

215  Watson      3-1      Green (Watson is the best at this wt. class when he is on)

Hwt  Burdin      4-2      Young  (No Bird??? yes you heard it here first)

Here is the new picks

103  Martin        12-2  Vaughn (Had to change to Vaughn but Martin will dominate anyone left at 103)

112  Sullivan      6-3    Carr

119  Wood          4-2    Parks  (I know an upset, but I think he will be ready at state)

125  Voth            8-2    Lewis  (Had to change to Lewis)

130  Eck            10-1    Brown 

135  Warner        14-2    Ashbrook (Had to change to Ashbrook) (Warner walks through this class)

140  Peace          8-2    Miller (Changed to Miller, best on that side) (Peace is an animal)

145  Thuenerman  4-3    Sanders (Sanders makes finals because of bracket set up

(Thuenermans time, he has lost to the state champ in the simi's 2 years in a row)

152  Cooper      15-2    Golsby (long shot) (Cooper is unbelievable, I think he will be healed by state)

160  Wolsiefer    Pin      Choate (Wolsiefer will be extremely focused at state)

171  Reid          4-0      Florence (Again brackets made me change this (The one wt. class I am totally guessing at)

189  Jones        6-4      Starks  (Another upset call)

215 Green        3-1      Winter (Watson gone, Winters next in line)

Hwt  Burdin      4-2      Young  (No Bird??? yes you heard it here first)

103  Martin        12-2   Elam (Martin will dominate anyone left at 103)

112  Sullivan       6-3    Carr

119  Wood          4-2     Parks  (I know an upset, but I think he will be ready at state)

125  Voth            8-4     Vincent

130  Eck             10-1    Brown 

140  Peace          8-2     Jackson (Peace is an animal)

152  Cooper       10-2     Banks  (Cooper is unbelievable)

160  Wolsiefer     Pin      Choate (Wolsiefer will be extremely focused at state)

171  Reid           4-0      Rupp   (The one wt. class I am totally guessing at)

189  Jones         6-4      Starks  (Another upset call)

215  Watson      3-1      Green (Watson is the best at this wt. class when he is on)

Hwt  Burdin       4-2       Young  (No Bird??? yes you heard it here first)

Here is the new picks

103  Martin        12-2   Vaughn (Had to change to Vaughn but Martin will dominate anyone left at 103)

112  Sullivan       6-3    Carr

119  Wood          4-2     Parks  (I know an upset, but I think he will be ready at state)

130  Eck             10-1    Brown 

135  Warner        14-2    Ashbrook (Had to change to Ashbrook) (Warner walks through this class)

140  Peace          8-2     Miller (Changed to Miller, best on that side) (Peace is an animal)

(Thuenermans time, he has lost to the state champ in the simi's 2 years in a row)

152  Cooper       15-2    Golsby (long shot) (Cooper is unbelievable, I think he will be healed by state)

160  Wolsiefer     Pin      Choate (Wolsiefer will be extremely focused at state)

171  Reid           4-0      Florence (Again brackets made me change this (The one wt. class I am totally guessing at)

189  Jones         6-4      Starks  (Another upset call)

215 Green         3-1      Winter (Watson gone, Winters next in line)

Hwt  Burdin       4-2       Young  (No Bird??? yes you heard it here first)

No Woodford champs? I believe history has proven otherwise.  Is this who you think will win or who you wish would win? I say Courtney, Starks and Byrd are locks, Parks and Lewis are probable.

I never truly noticed that there are no Woodford Co. champs. 

This is definitely not who I wish would win. I would have to change a few wt. classes for that.

It's who I think will win.

The three locks you stated will have difficult matches either in the finals or to get there. 

Courtney has defeated Trainman twice by only a couple of points, and I think its time for Trainman to finally win the title he deserves.  (I'm beside myself on this match, I would like another 4 time state champ, but Thurman has earned a title also)

starks has to prove he is 100% both physically and mentally to defeat Jones again.

Byrd;  I have had my doubts about him winning Ht since I heard he was going Ht.  He has already demonstrated that Hat's can lose in a blink of an eye.

In no way are these 3 (LOCKS).  They may all three win but not locks to win.

103  Martin        12-2   Elam (Martin will dominate anyone left at 103)

112  Sullivan       6-3    Carr

119  Wood          4-2     Parks  (I know an upset, but I think he will be ready at state)

125  Voth            8-4     Vincent

130  Eck             10-1    Brown 

140  Peace          8-2     Jackson (Peace is an animal)

152  Cooper       10-2     Banks  (Cooper is unbelievable)

160  Wolsiefer     Pin      Choate (Wolsiefer will be extremely focused at state)

171  Reid           4-0      Rupp   (The one wt. class I am totally guessing at)

189  Jones         6-4      Starks  (Another upset call)

Hwt  Burdin       4-2       Young  (No Bird??? yes you heard it here first)

Here is the new picks

103  Martin        12-2   Vaughn (Had to change to Vaughn but Martin will dominate anyone left at 103)

112  Sullivan       6-3    Carr

119  Wood          4-2     Parks  (I know an upset, but I think he will be ready at state)

130  Eck             10-1    Brown 

140  Peace          8-2     Miller (Changed to Miller, best on that side) (Peace is an animal)

152  Cooper       15-2    Golsby (long shot) (Cooper is unbelievable, I think he will be healed by state)

160  Wolsiefer     Pin      Choate (Wolsiefer will be extremely focused at state)

171  Reid           4-0      Florence (Again brackets made me change this (The one wt. class I am totally guessing at)

189  Jones         6-4      Starks  (Another upset call)

215 Green         3-1      Winter (Watson gone, Winters next in line)

Hwt  Burdin       4-2       Young  (No Bird??? yes you heard it here first)

i believe it'll be byrd and bailey in the heavyweight championship..

This time i think its ashbrooks time he got embarresed at the hciwt but he wants revenge and will take state 4-3..and also sanders got a really good draw and expect to see him in the finals with courtney...Voth will win hands down no questions asked probably will major lewis in the finals....

yeah he owned him in his repeat 8th grade year.

Yes he was a repeat eighth grader but started school early and was still only 14 years old.

at 125 i think it will be Tyler voth (PD) vs. Ross Engle (CH) ross has really turned it on these last few weeks if he wrestles like he did against lucas carmen he could possibly be in the finals come saturday just my opinion

Guest loudon

Now that we have the brackets for state, who do you see in the finals at each weight.

my prediction goes like this...

103 - Bradbury Vs. Elam

112 - Voth Vs. Sullivan

119 - Zarth Vs. Parks

125 - Voth Vs. Slone

130 - Ervin Vs. Eck

135 - Warner Vs. Ashbrook

140 - Miller Vs. Jackson

145 - Barger Vs. Courtney

152 - Banks Vs. Sheehan

160 - Wolfsier Vs. Choate

171 - Florence Vs. Likoy

189 - Starks Vs. Jones

215 - Green Vs. Winter

285 - Byrd Vs. Bailey

(Not in order just who I think will be in the finals)

WHAT??????????????????????????????? dials beat winters 11-0 plus he is a man beast

along with kelly it will be him with starks they both will have great match but both win

I saw the prediction of two guys for Blake Kraft do you really think he will be there?  I know he is tough but I just can't see that.   He has to go through Eck who got his wake up call are region.  I just can't see Kraft over Eck. 

I was one of those who predicted Kraft.  He is an incredibly strong, physical and aggressive wrestler, although he has lost some of the big matches on some inexperience.  Not sure how long he has been wrestling but state records show he wrestled as a Sophomore at OldC at 140 and lost his first two matches to wrestlers who went on to finish 6th and 7th in the tournament that year.  He wrestled well last year at 135, losing to the 3rd and 7th place finishers.  He has now gone down to 130.  He will definitely be in top eight and if he wrestles smart, he can make it to the finals.  It won't be easy because he is coming out of the stacked side of the bracket, meeting shotwell, then Eck or Speck, then Seeder or Grimm.  It should be fun to watch.

Not winners just finalist:

103-Vaughn-Elam

112-Carr-Sullivan

119-Bontrager-Chiu

125-Voth-Wempe

130-Ervin-Eck

135-Warner-Ashbrook

140-Miller-Peace

145-Sander-Courtney

152-Ervin-Banks

160-Wolsiefer-Wolfe

171-Martin-Reid