CUTiger184

1/14/24 Girls Rankings

Updated rankings.  Heads up to coaches across the state, your wrestlers records will need to be updated by your Region seed meeting.  If it is not in track at that time, it did not happen.  Thanks to everyone who contributed towards this set of rankings.  

January Rankings.pdf

• Upvote 1

Hopefully next year there will be more in track.  Many school (like ourselves) were not sure if we would even have a girls team and did not get a decent schedule set up. 3 coaches for 4 teams is difficult (MIddle, HIgh, JV, Girls) 

Thanks for doing and posting this.

For those that know, how does a girl get weight "certified" and "registered" for Region by the deadline this Saturday?

25 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Thanks for doing and posting this.

For those that know, how does a girl get weight "certified" and "registered" for Region by the deadline this Saturday?

There is no "registration" for region.  This is not like ms or an open event.  Your varsity coach will enter the lineup for the regional tournament.

Thank you for the rankings..I appreciate the hard work.  FYI…you have Claudia Mendez at 235…she is has wrestled 185 all season. Also Jasmin Beckham has dropped weight and has been wrestling 235 the last couple of tournaments.

• Like 1

Does anyone think that by combining regions (1 and 2, 3 and 4, and so on), that the seeding draw could affect the rankings?  I know at 107# the top 3 are all from region 1 and 2.

• Upvote 1

Why would the seed draw affect the rankings?  The rankings are determined by results. Truthfully the rankings will sort themselves out in the next few weeks by the outcome of the state tournament.  Rankings are not used for seeding, and as far as I know they are not seeding the state tournament. Unless someone knows something I don't. (Which is very likely)

As my wife tells me ignorance is bliss and I am very blissful. :huh:

I think now after Regionals, these should be updated before state.  Just a thought. See how close the rankings can get to predict the order of state placers. 

9 hours ago, Coach Matt said:

I think now after Regionals, these should be updated before state.  Just a thought. See how close the rankings can get to predict the order of state placers. 

We are working on them.  Hopefully have them out by mid week.