Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

2A state duals

This is probably the biggest toss up of the state duals. Going to come down to match ups. PT with the upper weights and Boyle with the young middle weights. Harrison has a couple really good lower weights. JC solid throughout but don’t have the big boys they usually have. Boyle and PT in the finals could give us a close dual with very few close matches. 

• Like 1

Head to Head 

Common Opponent 

Win %

Teams have to have at least 7 duals to be seeded, PT only had 6 due to snow/cancellations.  

Boyle and HC undefeated 

JC had one loss 

20 minutes ago, CUTiger184 said:

Head to Head 

Common Opponent 

Win %

Teams have to have at least 7 duals to be seeded, PT only had 6 due to snow/cancellations.  

Boyle and HC undefeated 

JC had one loss 

PT hasn’t wrestled 7 duals and got the 3. Looks like JC has wrestled a much tougher schedule than Boyle or Harrison. Seems crazy to not take that into account. Discourages teams from going out and wrestling anyone. 

17 minutes ago, PPmothman said:

PT hasn’t wrestled 7 duals and got the 3. Looks like JC has wrestled a much tougher schedule than Boyle or Harrison. Seems crazy to not take that into account. Discourages teams from going out and wrestling anyone. 

Cream always rises to the top

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Take-em-down said:

Cream always rises to the top

Yes the goal is to win after all. But interesting match ups in there. Would like to see Boyle/JC/PT all wrestle each other. Matchups make this one wild. They could all split with each other. 

6 hours ago, PPmothman said:

The seedable teams had a common sense approach and voted PT to the 3. They were going to automatically be the 6 and would have met 3 seed JC in pool play if they didn’t vote. 

8 hours ago, CUTiger184 said:

The seedable teams had a common sense approach and voted PT to the 3. They were going to automatically be the 6 and would have met 3 seed JC in pool play if they didn’t vote. 

What you see as common sense, I see as ignoring criteria. Meanwhile PT gets rewarded with the easier path to the finals while JC and BC battle it out. 

1 hour ago, gator1 said:

What you see as common sense, I see as ignoring criteria. Meanwhile PT gets rewarded with the easier path to the finals while JC and BC battle it out. 

I’m honestly surprised Boyle and Harrison was ok with it

2 hours ago, gator1 said:

I understand what you're saying, but I'd be surprised if PT doesn't win. 

On 1/27/2024 at 5:10 AM, gator1 said:

I wouldn't throw shade at Harrison County or consider it a "reward" to wrestle them.  When it comes to duals, they show up and fight (Boyle County as well).  I appreciate their approach.  Neither PT, BC, HC, and JC are "cake walks".  Maybe the favored teams won, but not without some dogfights.