Sign in to follow this  
CCFullerHWT

Wrestling and the Love you have for it

Myself i like the feeling of getting my hand raised and even more then that is the Friends you gain and the interesting people you encounter

i agree with you just knowing you won and you have been working your butt off for this win and then meeting all the people that are into this sport

I like knowing that when you win you won on fair terms and when you lose you lose on fair terms. The other dude has no upper hand on you and the same thing for you. It's either he's better than you or your better than him, nothing else. That's what makes the win all the more better I think knowing that you won, not because you were bigger, not because your 'team' had better plays but because plain and simple you were better than the other wrestler.

For me it's all about comrodery [sp?]. It's knowing that I have all the faith and love in the world for these guys and my coach. Especially my coach. He's a guy that gets no pay for what he does and he twists his schedual around to help us improve. Everytime I get my hand raised I feel like i've made all of his hard work and time put in worth it.

It's those overnight mat room stays when one of the younger guys is over weight the night before a tourny. All the extra that you put in is all worth it when another victory is chalked up for your team.

honestly the only thing i like about wrestling is state because for me the rest of the season dont matter but when state comes its you against the state

Oh! I couldn't live w/out that itch!,  you know that itch!, and before you even look at the itch, or even scratch - you know you have RINGWORM.  That has taken my love for wrestling to a whole new level.

I think we should a little ringworm guy, next to the smiley faces.  :-D

Being a part of a state championship team was amazing.. we were all together since grade school....representing the greatest coach in Kentucky, Mike Bankemper

The thing I love the most about wrestling is that it teaches you so much more than how to be a wrestler.  The sport teaches you how to be a man, how to set goals and work hard to achieve those goals.  It takes a man with a strong will to wrestle.  Wrestling generally isn't a sport that you are naturally good at, it is not a sport that you can just start doing and automatically you are good at it.  You have to work hard to be a great wrestler.  Sometimes it takes a few years of getting your head beat it to finally get good at it.  You have to be very dedicated or completely crazy to stick with something like that.  As a former state champion and five year collegiate wrestler I know that if not for wrestling I wouldn't be who I am today.  I wouldn't have the work ethic that have, I wouldn't set goals and work hard to reach them.  I probably wouldn't have graduated college and went on to pursue a teaching position.  So I owe a lot to the sport of wrestling.  It made me who I am today and it will continue to motivate and shape young athletes into hard working, goal setting men.  Wrestlers are a little crazy, you have to be to do what we do day in and day out with little to no recognition.  But only wrestlers know what true success is, we work harder than any athlete just to get our hand raised at the end of the match.  That is what fuels the burning aggression in every one of us.

while i don't wrestle myself, i enjoy the look on the kid's faces when they feel the accomplishment of winning for the first time. I have worked several tournaments at the Middle School level, meaning i get to see this allot. that and the words of encouragement from parents and other fans keep me going and help feed the desire to help these future leaders excel.

i love the fact that you work your butt off with the same people every day and the family atmosphere you build with them!

example last year i got kicked off the team and it hurt me to walk with those same people in the hallways because i know what they go through and the bond you grow with your boys! you all are blood brothers! because you see each other at the best of times and the worst of times! you know for 6 days straight you will see these same people and you know when they win you win!

you know what it takes to win and you know this is the toughest sport in the school! you walk around with your head held high because you are a wrestler and you put up with more h*** than some people will go through in there whole life, you do it in a day!

Wrestling is the ultimate team sport, because you know that you got your boys behind you when you get that hand raised

As a coach of mine said its not the tournaments the wins , medals one, its the satisfaction of breaking a grown man in the matches and watching them cry as they run off the mat! But at the same time when it happens to you use that as fuel to get him next time

One thing I've realized this year is that I like doing the work... When I'm actually doing it I hate it. But when I was injured I was sitting at practices thinking about how bad I really want to do the sprints and the conditioning drills and the shadow wrestling and six minute drills. I also enjoy the friendship part of it...

Me myself love the individuality of the sport. Wrestling is a team sport too, but it's mostly about the biggest tournament of the year, state. State is individual and state is what i live for. I don't want to be a football player and say the reason we won the state championship or the national championship was because of a run play ran perfectly by the half back. I want to be able to say I won state, not someone else. I also love the toughness you need to be able to wrestle, there arn't many people out there that can stick with the practices let alone wrestle a six minute match, to be able to do that is an accomplishment all it's own.