halfhalfhalf

2023-2024 state tourney

I was wondering why there was not an option for doing both boys and girls at the same time at Altec. Seems to me the venue would be large enough for only 2 days.  The state finals could be held at the same time, similar to how other states do there division finals. 

There also is no details on how large the post season will proceed for girls. (32 man state?) 

From what I was told, they wanted to give girls their time to shine independently from the boys. I can see both sides and I went to several girls and coaches and asked which they preferred,  it was pretty much 50/50.

16 girls for state. Number of regions and date to be wrestled is undetermined yet. 

They will be having an end of year meeting to discuss that and other things such as possibly seeding region champions.  That would be big step in right direction 

1 hour ago, halfhalfhalf said:

Guys 32 man bracket: Thursday and friday

girls 16: Saturday

Last I saw, semi-state goes at least until 2026 or something like that, which suggests 16-man brackets at state.

25 minutes ago, GentleBeard said:

Last I saw, semi-state goes at least until 2026 or something like that, which suggests 16-man brackets at state.

The vote was for a 32-man bracket, 2 days boys, then 1 day girls. 

I guess we will see how they do it this year since it looks like that starts 2024-2025. I am hoping we will just wrestle boys Regionals same as always. Do away with semi-state weekend and replace it with girls regionals. Which can be done is same format as boys semi-state. Regions 1-4 and 5-8 top 8 from each move on. Then 32 man boys and 16 girls the next week. But who knows it seems to be all closed lip on subject.

2 minutes ago, halfhalfhalf said:

It says BoC approves to return to Horse Park THROUGH 2024-2025. Which means we go back to the old way. 

So are we still semi state next year?

1 hour ago, halfhalfhalf said:

It says BoC approves to return to Horse Park THROUGH 2024-2025. Which means we go back to the old way. 

They may want to clarify that it's going back to a 32 man bracket. I hate to assume anything. 

29 minutes ago, GentleBeard said:

They may want to clarify that it's going back to a 32 man bracket. I hate to assume anything. 

There is nothing to clarify.... It was voted on by the polls of the options sent to ADs.

The only thing I read was the location change. I didn’t read anything about changing the qualification process. I don’t care one way or the other. The only issue I have is a Thursday-Friday state tournament for boys and girls get the Saturday. Seems shortsighted and not thought out. Crowd is gonna be thin.