Sign in to follow this  
ccbcdeke

Upsets over Region Champs?

Is there any Region that is so stacked in a particular weight class that the 4th place finisher from one region could beat the Champion from another region?  (if you could follow that) :?

Region 7 135:  Alex Allman - he beat the #1 guy in region 6 this weekend (Griffith) and is right there with anyone in Region 3 or 8.

Region 7 145: Ryan Tingle - ranked well ahead of #1's in Region 1 and 3 and I think can hang with the best in Region 4 or 8.

Region 3 does have some decent 135's but they're pretty inconsistent.  Therefore, I agree with Ranger.  Allman could beat either of the top 2 from Region 3.  I also know that if the top 2 135 wrestlers in Region 3 actually wrestle like they can, they can beat Allman.  Case in point, Cosgrove from Doss pinned Allman at the Moore Mustang Classic this year.

I have to agree with ranger..  Tingle is a tough kid and a good wrestler, he would probably win region 8 at 145.  The only close match that I could see him having is Winchester from Wayne co.  Personaly opinion he would win that match up.  That is coming from a region 8 fan.

Region 3 does have some decent 135's but they're pretty inconsistent.  Therefore, I agree with Ranger.  Allman could beat either of the top 2 from Region 3.  I also know that if the top 2 135 wrestlers in Region 3 actually wrestle like they can, they can beat Allman.  Case in point, Cosgrove from Doss pinned Allman at the Moore Mustang Classic this year.

I agree.  Some of these guys are the most inconsistent I have ever seen.  They can beat anyone and lose to anyone in the same day.

I agree.  Some of these guys are the most inconsistent I have ever seen.  They can beat anyone and lose to anyone in the same day.

I am not even sure who the Top two wrestlers are from Region 3 - BC is the top but beyond that it is a toss up for the next three or four places - and even BC is hard to predict - he almost lost to a really sick (stomach flu) Sout 135 at Woodford County (1 pt) so who knows what could happen?!..........

Bailey from Ft Knox was region 2 champion and i placed fourth and then beat him at the state tournament in triple overtime or somethin like that!

Region 8 will be really sacked at 112 if Spencer makes the weight and stacked at 119 if he does not make the weight

This is very true 112 has Sullivan, Spencer, D.C Evans, and Matt Baker....119 has Daniels, Slone, Jude, and Caddell....the lower placers at those weights could pull some upsets off at the state tourny for sure.

I realize I am kid of late on this but if Cosgrove beat Allman then that means that region 3's #2 and #3 guy have beat him because D phillips of PRP beat him earlier this year.  FYI :?

Yes, Allman has been up and down this year.  And right now I have him as the #4 guy in Region 7 behind Ashbrook, Butler, and Donnell Davis.

sounds like you have good reason to make him fourth in his region. im pretty sure even on his good day he couldnt beat any of those you have ranked ahead of him. no offense to him.

sounds like you have good reason to make him fourth in his region. im pretty sure even on his good day he couldnt beat any of those you have ranked ahead of him. no offense to him.

On his good day I think Davis would definitely be vulnerable.  But I do think Ashbrook and Butler will be a huge challenge.  AND he would be a big challenge as a #4 for a region champ on Thursday at state.  They better come ready to go.

well i dont know about this year, but last year when davis was still learning quite a bit of technique, he beat him 1 or two times.