Sign in to follow this  
Olympic_wish

WC Prediction-State 5 for 7 last year

Last year I got 5 of the 7 champs from Woodford.  Everyone dumped on me, saying they'd have 3 maybe.

This year:

119         Shane Parks  over Zeppa in the finals  (or Zarth if Parks meets Zeppa in the semi's)

125         Coty Lewis.  Stop doubting this kid.

135         Steven Butler over Warner or ashbrook. 

145         Courtney over anyone

189         Will Starks over anyone

285         Byrd will be runner up unless he steps it up.

5 champs, 6 finalists.

Count it.

I really doubt that Butler will beat Warner and I also really dont see Lewis beating Voth at 125. Byrd is more likely to win than them he already dominated the number 2 guy at WCI.

119 Shane Parks and Zeppa (I'm still on the fence on this one)

125 Coty Lewis (I like his chances greatly)

135 Steven Butler (Only way he makes the finals if he gets a great draw)

145 Courtney (The one to beat, but Thuenerman is on his heals)

152 Sheehan (Probably 3-6)

189 Starks (The one to beat, Jones will be hungry)

Hwt Byrd (Not sure who will beat him, If he looses he will have made the mistake, but anything can happen with the big boys)

I'm close to you 5 champs 5 finalists

Two other placers.

i think you are real close i think if they all have three good days can get in the finals but butler lost to both warner and ashbrook so he will have to be on the other side of the bracket and hope those two are on the same side so he will only have to wrestle one of them but i will bet with coty going 25 we will see him at 130 just my opion

I agree.  Voth will beat Lewis, bad.

I see two champs from Woodford.  Byrd and Courtney.

Parks- top 3

Butler- top 4

Sheahan- top 4

Starks- upset, top 3

Lewis- top 4, hasn't even wrestled yet!

Donnell Davis looked good at WCI--137?  140 is a heck of a competitive weight class this year.  I could be wrong but I thought I heard someone say TC's Jamel Mohammed may be cutting too.  Heard he wasn't feeling too well and weighed in something like 136 after a rough week.  He did great at WCI.  I think he won first place at 140 at the TCI.  I am not sure why either one of those guys would go down. Both seem to be really underestimated.

Last year I predicted 5 finalists with 3 winners.  Lewis stepped up big after laying an egg at region and Byrd didn't come through.  That being said, I predict

Winners: Courtney (100%), Byrd (90%, has shown he can make a mistake), Starks (75%, needs some mat time or a hungry Jones will get him), Parks (50%, lots of competition)

Finalists: Lewis (80%, he always comes up big at the big one), Butler (30%, is right there with Ashbrook right now), Sheehan (25%, wild card who has looked awesome so far, but this is turning out to be a tough weight at the top)

So that's 4 champs and 6 or 7 finalists.

In my opinion Coty Lewis with more mat time this year and a little more conditioning could win it a 125 or 130..  Something about him as ranger said he always brings his "A" game to the state tourney...

ranger123

lets give parks some credit here. look at what he has already done this year...beaten matt zarth, josh johnson, controlled gabe supe, and destroyed jon chui...

looks like a true #1 119 pounder to me!!

ranger123

lets give parks some credit here. look at what he has already done this year...beaten matt zarth, josh johnson, controlled gabe supe, and destroyed jon chui...

he's also lost to zarth and chiu, and only beat johnson by one... I'm not putting him down, but he isn't a for sure win like you all are saying.

119 is a complete tossup between zarth parks chiu johnson and zeppa... whoever peforms at state

ranger123

I hear you and that's why I have him at #1 right now.  But he has been beaten (and avenged that loss) and there are a lot of guys that are tough enough to do it again.  The draw will be really important at this weight.  I predict someone will get a relatively easy road to the final and someone will have to be a man to make it through the other side.

My predictions for Woodford are this, Miller- Top 8

Parks-finalist who has a real shot of winning

Lewis-finalist who can beat Voth if he turns it up

Butler-State Champ, if he goes 130

Scott- Top 8, if he goes 135

Courtney-State Champ

Sheehan- Top 3, Possible finalist, Possible State Champ

Starks- State Champ, if he gets down to buisness

Byrd- State Champ

So in summary, 9 placers, possible 7 finalist, 3 "almost" definate State Champs, and a few on the brink of greatness. I don't think we've seen what the big "W.C." has to offer yet!