Sign in to follow this  
thegreatgatsby

Region 3 Rankings 01/07/2007

obviously it is worth repeating that the size of your school does not indicate how hard a wrestler works or how much he wants to win.  That has been my point all along - just because Southern or Doss does not have the history of success as Woodford County is no reflection on the work ethic or dedication of the wrestlers right now.  The same applies to KCD or KY School for the Blind or whoever.  But it is impossible to ignore some of the economic advantages schools like Trinity and other big programs have over the little schools and it involves allot more factors than a few fund raisers.  So the bottomline I do not think it is right for anyone to "trash" another region just for the sake of trashing of them....There are wrestlers from every school, from every region that are working hard and giving it their all and I think that is to admired.

Board likes this are a place for lots of different people to talk about a sport they all are involved - so with the excpetion of some fun "trash" talk I do not see it as a place to put people down-who wants to read stuff like that? there is too much other stuff to talk about

My Goodness... OCMVP changed his tone of voice/typing the second he saw somebody even metion getting banned...

And good job metioning KSB... their 171 was a very good wrestler and placed 5th at the JCT

Hey Hacker

Learn to read sarcasm.

It looked to me like you were actually being serious and i think that its a shame that it takes somebody metioning someone being banned just to get everyone to stop trashing/bad mouthing one particular region full of hard working kids...

and btw i think that you SHOULD be banned just for knowingly posting that you were justing trashing region 3 "To annoy region 3 kids"

Well Hacker, opinions are like......................................................

:)

But, back to the topic at hand.  I do stand by what I said, they picked it up at JCTC.

Well Hacker, opinions are like......................................................

:)

But, back to the topic at hand.   I do stand by what I said, they picked it up at JCTC.

wut does that mean??? opinions are like smiley faces? and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. they just shouldnt express it in a way that offends/downgrades other wrestlers and people all together. and yes region 3 did pick it up at JCTC and performed fantastically if you ask me.

Opinions are like..... an old saying, finish it for yourself.  Google it, ask your mom, ask your friends.  They should be able to clue it in for you.

I'm glad you think they did fantasically, you should have something to feel proud of!  Good job guys (round of applause)

lol yea the match with meade co. and ballard was a good one. ballards a pretty decent team and all but what do i know im just a first year wrestler. lol but hey nice talkin to you guys peace out

meade co.s 171

-cody

Are you all serious! does ne one care about region three rankings, seriously, they arent any good at all.  there the backups of the backups. take this seriously, come on! :evil:

he has a point. By arguing ur region 3 rankings you are limiting yourself. Would you rather be first in region three, which sometimes has great wrestlers coming from it but its a rarity, or first in state at the end of February. I mean really.

he has a point. By arguing ur region 3 rankings you are limiting yourself. Would you rather be first in region three, which sometimes has great wrestlers coming from it but its a rarity, or first in state at the end of February. I mean really.

There are two steps in the post-season.  If you don't show up for region (or make weight like I didn't do once) then you won't have an opportunity to do anything at state.  So the reason to care about regional rankings is to see who has the best chance of qualifying for the state tournament.  Also, it doesn't mean much to be ranked 5th in the state if the top 4 are in your region because you won't be at state to get that 5th place finish (except for one of those fluke alternate fill-in situations).

c'mon are you kidding me!?

we already buried that shovel and here you go bringing it up again! give it a break...

I more than likely won't be at 45. After seeing how tried and drained I was last weekend my parents won't let me do it. I'm gonna try to get there and be healthy though. I'm at 153 right now and feel like a monster. I have so much energy. Never felt this good in my 2 years of wrestling.

I more than likely won't be at 45. After seeing how tried and drained I was last weekend my parents won't let me do it. I'm gonna try to get there and be healthy though. I'm at 153 right now and feel like a monster. I have so much energy. Never felt this good in my 2 years of wrestling.

wow... that sux for you but theres not really anyone any good at 152 in our region honestly

wow... that sux for you but theres not really anyone any good at 152 in our region honestly

Yeah I know. I lost to 2 of the 52's in our region earlier this year but that was pretty much just a result of alot of weight cutting. Now that i'm coming back up to 52 from 45 I can eat like a maniac and still be like 2 or 3 pounds under. I'm also alot stronger now and my moves and footwork are a lot sharper and precise. Once I get through 52 in our region it's onto state where I can see how much i've really recovered from the weight lose. And Hacker, are you gonna be wrestling at the beginning of next season? If so, what weight do you think you'll be at?

Yeah I know. I lost to 2 of the 52's in our region earlier this year but that was pretty much just a result of alot of weight cutting. Now that i'm coming back up to 52 from 45 I can eat like a maniac and still be like 2 or 3 pounds under. I'm also alot stronger now and my moves and footwork are a lot sharper and precise. Once I get through 52 in our region it's onto state where I can see how much i've really recovered from the weight lose. And Hacker, are you gonna be wrestling at the beginning of next season? If so, what weight do you think you'll be at?

yea im definitely gonna be wrestling at the beginning of next season and i want to try to be 112 but ill probably end up being 119

Yea. There are some pretty good 52's in our region. Snyder and Walls will make for some pretty stiff competition come region time.

where are you from hacker???

well i mean wejust dont have a 152 on our team and i dont pay attention to weights we dont have unless they are stand out people like woelsifer or rupp or someone like that but i mean im sure that there are good 52's i just dont kno em.

Jason Gall is now wrestling 125 for Doss.  Alan Marksbury is no longer with the team and will not be for the rest of the year.

So you all let Jason back on the team. and Alan told me he is going to train by himself for the remainder of this year and come back next year.