189- Lewis(tri) over ???(Fairdale)

215- Chaney(FC) over Dockery(sen)

HWT- DESALES over IROQOIS

***TEAM***

1st- Fern Creek

2nd- Trinity

3rd- Seneca

Guest KYwrestler06

Who did Fuller lose to and what was the score of the Florence-Rupp match? Also how bad did Smith beat Warra, and did Chui and Caleb wrestle for 3rd and 4th?

Fuller lost to McCain in the semis with a reversal or takedown (I forget) very close to the end of the match by McCain, for a 2-0 dec.

In case anyone missed it, Dakota Choate, though not victorious, did did significantly better against Johnny this time around. He pushed the pace much better and put more overall effort and concentration into the match than at Woodford. I just thought i'd bring this up for everyone that said Johnny would be lookin' for a first period pin. I believe the score was only 12-7.

It may only have been 12-7 but Dakota basically spent alot of energy and gave up alot of points trying to block off one move of Johnney's. It was a better match than last time, but even though the score was only 12-7, not a HUGE margin of point difference, Johnney still controlled the entire match and I really didn't see Dakota scoring a whole lot of offensive points, maybe just a couple of escapes and those type of points.

All i'm pointing out is the fact that he seemed to go after Johnny more fiercely than the first time. And if someone wins a 1-0 match with a last second escape, he still won. Any points scored are worth mentioning. Even if Dakota was twice the stand up wrestler he is now, a take down on johnny would still be a big deal  because of how hard he is to take down. All I know is that Dakota is gonna be the thorn in Johnny's side until he's gone.

Ridge45, I have to agree with eville dad on this one.  Dakota was defensive almost the whole match and all of his points were escapes, no offense.  Don't get me wrong, he a very good wrestler and there's nothing wrong with second, but Wolfeiser is just at another level.  Besides, Dakota is just a sophomore and by the time next year rolls along, it could possibly be a different story.  But for this year, I don't think the result would be much different if they met again.  Onto another finals match, was anyone else impressed by the guts Chaney showed against Dockery in the 215 finals.  I mean he lost to Jordan earlier this year by 4 or 5 points and comes back yesterday and in the final seconds, set up Dockery perfectly for that lateral drop.  He executed it to perfection and got the 5 point decision.  Nice job Chaney!

Ridge45, I have to agree with eville dad on this one.  Dakota was defensive almost the whole match and all of his points were escapes, no offense.  Don't get me wrong, he a very good wrestler and there's nothing wrong with second, but Wolfeiser is just at another level.  Besides, Dakota is just a sophomore and by the time next year rolls along, it could possibly be a different story.  But for this year, I don't think the result would be much different if they met again.  Onto another finals match, was anyone else impressed by the guts Chaney showed against Dockery in the 215 finals.  I mean he lost to Jordan earlier this year by 4 or 5 points and comes back yesterday and in the final seconds, set up Dockery perfectly for that lateral drop.  He executed it to perfection and got the 5 point decision.  Nice job Chaney!

dockery pinned him last time they met, and the lateral of chaney's was nice, but dockery was more agressive that match, and I have to commend him on the 2 laterals he had on chaney that match... also to answer reasonslaststep's question, jefferson county moves around, and is hosted by different schools in the county, though it is usually hosted by Eastern, I think it is going to be at seneca next year

Chaney vs Dockery was a great match! Lots of guts by both kids, Chaney came out on top to even their series one to one.

I thought the Rupp vs Florence match that went to OT at 171 was a good match too! Both kids really going all out laying it on the line.

Anybody could say Dockery's laterals were nice but it always seemed to be outside the ring when he threw one. Chaney wrestled smarter with his lateral drop landing right in the middle of the ring. I don't think Dockery was any more aggressive it was pretty even IMO

If the only moves you really did the whole match were the out of bounds laterals I don't really see that as being more aggressive than someone who took(and I believe got a takedown off of) 2 single shots, a double attempt, a lateral that one the match and other moves. I didn't see Dockery take a shot once. It was in my opinion a great match, those two are very evenly matched.

I agree that the 171 match was a preview of the state finals, both of those guys are very strong and very solid wrestlers.

Chaney vs Dockery was a great match! Lots of guts by both kids, Chaney came out on top to even their series one to one.

I thought the Rupp vs Florence match that went to OT at 171 was a good match too! Both kids really going all out laying it on the line.

too bad neither of them are in the same region, so we can't be sure of seeing any rematches, even in the state finals, both weight classes are complete tossups.

#1 Fan,

You are right, Dockery did pin Chaney earlier this year.  As for Dockery's two lateral drops, I only saw the one that was called OB when Chaney had to take the second injury time.  When was the other one?  As for the Jeff Co. Tournament of Champions, it usually rotates East End / West End and yes Eastern does usually host when it's in the East End.  Valley usually hosts when it's in the West End.  Next year it's in the West End and at Doss.