John Wise (DESA)

William Smith (VALL)

James Payne (IROQ)

Bobby Fuqua (MEAD)

Kyle Smith (PRP)

Zack Entrican  (SOUT)

Terrance Green (WEST)

Guss Thomas (BUCE)

Is Meade Co. in Region 3.  Their team looked real good this past weekend at Valley.  Hard to believe their a first year team, I think they will really shake things up in the future for region 3.

Meade County is in Region 3 and has never had a wrestling team before.  They also had a 2 or 3 boys that have been wrestling varsity that were out sick or injured and did not wrestle.

Guest RaiderCoach

Meade Co. had middle school wrestling for 3-4 years.  They are very good for a first year team but they are not exactly starting from scratch.  They are bringing the competition level up in Region 3.

Well I've been wrong before but I have 2 kids that just got out of the only Middle School in Meade County and I don't ever remember any wrestling program.  Also the man at the next desk over his dad was an assistant Principal at Stuart Pepper Middle School and went through the same school says they never had a program.  We may both be  wrong but I'll do some research.  It sure has been fun so far.  We're trying hard and are not afraid to get beat. We've got some good kids and coaches.  I hope we do have a middle school program soon.

Seeders wrestled 130 on Saturday at Valley and Ringo wrestled 135.  I'm assuming that's where they will stay.

Do not know much about Ringo (and certainly not under estimating his skills) but I am sure the highly competitive 135 weight class is glad to see that settled!

no way the southern 285 kid is any where near half as good as Nickel... it was a fluke at the moore tourney. the horsepower i think. but theyve wrestled 4 times and that was the first time the southern kid ever beat nickel. im amazed at the rankings at 285.

Why are you guys debating on who is ranked in region 3. When people get to state the first thing they think is i hope i have to wrestle a region 3 kid so why argue who's ranked?

Because it gives us something to talk about while the rest of the state puts us down..and i cant wait until state this year because i guarantee region 3 wont be the weakest....thats a promise i hate it when people talk about region 3....because I'm in the region and i know for a fact that region 3 had twice the number of any other region that competed in off season tourneys trying to get better and prove themselves.....so before everyone keeps putting us down just wait till state and then in a couple years it is going to be crazy how much better we have improved.....

Why are you guys debating on who is ranked in region 3. When people get to state the first thing they think is i hope i have to wrestle a region 3 kid so why argue who's ranked?

seriously that is not a very sportmans-like thing to say.  I know for a fact that there are some very dedicated, hard - working wrestlers in Region 3 and many of them do not have the opportunity to start wrestling in middle school so it puts them at a disadvantage against some other teams -but it is not your place put them down.  I am sure you may want to ask the 135 Woodford County kid that lost last weekend to a Southern wrestler.  Or maybe there is a large number of wrestlers out there who cannot wait to face Seeders from Fairdale or the vast amount of wrestlers who looked forward to beating Joe Powers last year.  So I think maybe your attitude is not always going to serve you well.  Kids work hard and if you are a wrestler I am sure you are aware that even the smallest mistake by the best wrestler can lead to a loss-even to a lesser talented wrestler.

Seriously though, he's right, it's what every kid wants at state- wrestle a region 3 guy.  Joe Powers was a good start last year, but it's only a start and as far as having the most kids that have wrestled in the off season, that's not true.  My school consistantly had 8-10 varsity, and most of our JV wrestling in the offseason.  We went as a team, and trained as a team.

Face it, Region 3 is the low man on the pole.  Come state time, that won't change this year, but it maybe will some day.  Until then, I agree with wrestlingforlife.... stop wasting time posting about who's ranked 3rd or 4th in region 3, or for that matter what region three kid is ranked 20-25th in the state!  Put it out on the mat, no one cares or remembers the 20th best wrestler!

Region three has no bragging rights, and no reason to talk YET.  Leave it upto the Region 5, 6, 4, and Woodford kids..... they and those before them have earned it.  :-D

Seriously though, he's right, it's what every kid wants at state- wrestle a region 3 guy.  Joe Powers was a good start last year, but it's only a start and as far as having the most kids that have wrestled in the off season, that's not true.  My school consistently had 8-10 varsity, and most of our JV wrestling in the offseason.  We went as a team, and trained as a team.

Face it, Region 3 is the low man on the pole.  Come state time, that won't change this year, but it maybe will some day.  Until then, I agree with wrestlingforlife.... stop wasting time posting about who's ranked 3rd or 4th in region 3, or for that matter what region three kid is ranked 20-25th in the state!  Put it out on the mat, no one cares or remembers the 20th best wrestler!

Region three has no bragging rights, and no reason to talk YET.  Leave it upto the Region 5, 6, 4, and Woodford kids..... they and those before them have earned it.   :-D

Let me understand the point of your post

first of all some of the other kids wrestled off season as they could- but they do not have the opportunity to wrestle as team off - season.  It is my understanding that the school cannot sanction that and then you work in some economic issues - so it seems to be you should be grateful for those opportunities and not critical of others.  I attended a tournament outside of Cincy - weigh ins were at 7 am - we left at 4:30 am - but the Trinity team was allowed to weigh in the night before.  We all had to pay our own transportation and entry fees.  Most of the these schools to not have off-season team wrestling so it is not a choice as you are implying.

Next there is absolutely nothing wrong with each Region having their own ranking - if you do not care who is ranked in Region 3 then you are more than free NOT to read the posting.

Plenty of people care who is ranked 20th in the state-plenty of kids worked hard and train and run and that is best they will be and it is not your place to put them down.  I do not see anyone in Region 3 bragging outrageously - I just see a bunch of people belittling them.

Some of these kids will never have the opportunity to be as good as some of the powerhouse schools and winning their region or just going to state is a huge accomplishment and quite honestly I find your attitude that they do not work as hard or even deserve to be talked about ugly.

Some of these other schools maybe be turning out better athletes but it seems by the  tone of your post they need to be teaching some sportmanship and humility.

Let me understand the point of your post

first of all some of the other kids wrestled off season as they could- but they do not have the opportunity to wrestle as team off - season.  It is my understanding that the school cannot sanction that and then you work in some economic issues - so it seems to be you should be grateful for those opportunities and not critical of others.  I attended a tournament outside of Cincy - weigh ins were at 7 am - we left at 4:30 am - but the Trinity team was allowed to weigh in the night before.  We all had to pay our own transportation and entry fees.  Most of the these schools to not have off-season team wrestling so it is not a choice as you are implying.

Next there is absolutely nothing wrong with each Region having their own ranking - if you do not care who is ranked in Region 3 then you are more than free NOT to read the posting.

Plenty of people care who is ranked 20th in the state-plenty of kids worked hard and train and run and that is best they will be and it is not your place to put them down.  I do not see anyone in Region 3 bragging outrageously - I just see a bunch of people belittling them.

Some of these kids will never have the opportunity to be as good as some of the powerhouse schools and winning their region or just going to state is a huge accomplishment and quite honestly I find your attitude that they do not work as hard or even deserve to be talked about ugly.

Some of these other schools maybe be turning out better athletes but it seems by the  tone of your post they need to be teaching some sportmanship and humility.

Well said. 

Economic issues?  So what, if they want it, they'll fundraise, they'll organize, they'll work for it.  God didn't drop out of the sky and give the big schools money, they earned it.  

I agree I am free not to read the posts, but I choose to, so I choose to comment.  Also, I have to shift through all the region 3 arguements in the rankings thread, argueing about who's 23rd and 25th, etc etc and always asking 'why ain't southern on the list, we beat valley!"  and then having someone explain to them for the 10000000000th time that the rankings are how they will do at state, so I get to waste my time reading those over and over again and again.

It's not an issue of sportsmanship.  It's calling a spade a spade.