Sign in to follow this  
REscalera

Journeyman Fall Classic

Zeke finishes 2-2 on the day and takes 5th place.  He wins his 3rd place semi in sudden victory against a New Jersey State qualifier and drops his 5th place match to the Florida State Champ 7-1.

On 10/2/2017 at 7:51 AM, Ranger123 said:

Ha Ha. Rescalera doesn't sugar coat it or make excuses. 

Hug him, kiss him, love him and be honest with him.  In his last match there's no other way to say it.  Heck, I didn't think he looked good the entire tournament but that's ok. It's preseason and his first match since Fargo.  He wrestled poorly in his first match, only shot 3 times and lost by 1 to the eventual champ. That's a good nugget for him.  2 years ago Zeke wrestled as good as he could and Cedeno kicked Zeke's butt 6-0 at the Super 32's. So even though Zeke didn't wrestle well against him at Journeymen he was able to pull out a W so that's a good nugget for him too.  But in that last match there isn't a nugget to be found and I'm not going to waste time looking for one for the sake of not hurting his feelings. Chalk it up as one of those times you stunk it up and move on.

3 hours ago, REscalera said:

Hug him, kiss him, love him and be honest with him.  In his last match there's no other way to say it.  Heck, I didn't think he looked good the entire tournament but that's ok. It's preseason and his first match since Fargo.  He wrestled poorly in his first match, only shot 3 times and lost by 1 to the eventual champ. That's a good nugget for him.  2 years ago Zeke wrestled as good as he could and Cedeno kicked Zeke's butt 6-0 at the Super 32's. So even though Zeke didn't wrestle well against him at Journeymen he was able to pull out a W so that's a good nugget for him too.  But in that last match there isn't a nugget to be found and I'm not going to waste time looking for one for the sake of not hurting his feelings. Chalk it up as one of those times you stunk it up and move on.

Having a parent with this type of mindset is what helps mold a successful wrestler and a successful human on and off the mat..