Sign in to follow this  
Old wrestler

Spencer Lee

I realize this is the college wrestling board, but it appears a tad stagnate. Arguably, the biggest high school wrestling upset took place last night. Numerous reports are releasing that Lee tore his ACL at the end of January. If so, simply making the Pennsylvania state finals is incredible. However, his opponent dropped down a weight to face the 3x world champ. His announcement was made back in late December, prior to Lee's injury. It shares an uncanny resemblance to Gable losing his last collegiate match. Sometimes losing can light a fire. It'll be interesting to watch these two square off in college. Just thought this story was fascinating on a number of different levels.

Mixed feelings for me. DeSanto is #4 in the country, so beating a seriously dinged up #1 should come a little surprise. DeSanto even acknowledged that Lee was not 100%. Gotta give DeSanto props though. Lee teched him last year. However, Lee made the finals and has not used his knee as an excuse. 

I bet Iowa is more than a little concerned.

check it out http://www.flowrestling.org/article/53221-126-finals-austin-desanto-vs-spencer-lee-2017-piaa-state-finals#.WMWiEPkrLic

• Upvote 2

You're right about Iowa being concerned. Not too long ago, Lee had a pretty major shoulder surgery, too. Not to mention, this is the same injury that Stoll is facing. Hoping Lee isn't injury prone, because he is a front runner for representing the U.S. in 2020. I think this pretty much solidifies redshirting him for next season. Gonna be a tough year for the Hawks, losing Gilman, Clark, Meyer, Brooks, and possibly Stoll. 

On 3/13/2017 at 1:30 PM, Wrestling Dad said:

I know this thread is about Spencer Lee, but is this the same recurring knee injury Brock Ervin has been fighting?

If he (Ervin) tore his ACL. 

On 3/13/2017 at 1:30 PM, Wrestling Dad said:

I know this thread is about Spencer Lee, but is this the same recurring knee injury Brock Ervin has been fighting?

I heard it was meniscus (???)

For Lee to make the finals on basically 1 leg and lose by a point to a very tough DeSanto shows how much of a stud Spencer really is I expect him to redshirt and get healthy a torn ACL is a serious injury but anyone writing this kid off is foolish.. Also i don't know forsure if it was a torn ACL but his Dad did tell me at the State Tournament that it was dinged up pretty bad and that he prefers him to call it a career..