Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

2017 BGSG

2017 Bluegrass State Games will be July 29th at Louisville Male HS. 

We Have made the move to Louisville to try to help build numbers . We hope the move will draw more from the large number of teams in the area. 

If you have any suggestions on improving the tournament,  we are open to suggestions.  I'm looking at possibly have team trophies for teams that compete, girls division,  and possibly using trackwrestling.  More info will be coming soon

10 hours ago, coachteater said:

2017 Bluegrass State Games will be July 29th at Louisville Male HS. 

We Have made the move to Louisville to try to help build numbers . We hope the move will draw more from the large number of teams in the area. 

If you have any suggestions on improving the tournament,  we are open to suggestions.  I'm looking at possibly have team trophies for teams that compete, girls division,  and possibly using trackwrestling.  More info will be coming soon

Scotty you gonna post this in the MS/Youth forum also.

I don't want to ask a stupid question, but what exactly is the Bluegrass State Games? Will it be freestyle, Greco, and folk style? If so how many wrestlers has it averaged in the past? Thanks, any information is helpful. 

15 hours ago, ThreeCount said:

I don't want to ask a stupid question, but what exactly is the Bluegrass State Games? Will it be freestyle, Greco, and folk style? If so how many wrestlers has it averaged in the past? Thanks, any information is helpful. 

Bgsg is a state wide series of sporting events ran by the Bluegrass Sports Commission.  It has been around I think around 30 years and wrestling is one of the events. It will be folk style event for all ages. We usually have around 120-130 wrestlers, but hoping the move to Louisville this year will draw a bigger group

On 7/11/2017 at 10:47 AM, Tucker said:

Dont forget to get registered online! Online registration is open for 1 more week! 

Still looking for remote weigh in sites.

Remote sites-

Western Hills hs- Wed 6-7

Harrison co - wed 830-9

Christian co- Thursday 6pm

Tates Creek- Thursday 6pm-7(cancelled)

Moore HS- Thursday 6pm-8

Woodford - Thur 530-730

Oldham co- Fri 6-7

S. Oldham - Thur 8

Madison cent.- Thur 6-7

N. Oldham- Thur 2:00

In addition to wrestling,  Coach Wilkins of Moore HS will be doing a Greco and Freestyle Clinic. This is great opportunity to learn more about these styles.

10:30 - 11:30 am - Kentucky USA Wrestling Freestyle & Greco Clinic- Introduce the rules of the sport, technique, & matches. (No charge) 

Got a few top 10 guys signed up already, love to see Kentucky's best in Louisville on July 29th. 

A few already signed up are Seth Slayton(8@152), Zade Hawkins(7@182), Ryan Mcmanus(6@145), Daniel Kimbell (5@195),  and Braden Wyatt(6th @135 last season)

Remote site list updated above.  Reminder that you need to be pre registered to do remote weigh in

I extended online registration till Wednesday.  Be sure to get signed up online, or you will need to register at Male Friday and it will be $35

Last day to get signed up online! Great numbers and some great wrestlers will be there Saturday.  If you don't get registered online today, walk up registration is friday at Male hs. 

NO REGISTRATION ON SAT!!!

If anyone is interested in having photos made of your wrestlers, we will have a person at bgsg. Rob Raymond is with Lafayette Wrestling and he will be there doing pictures all day. He will be helping raise money for Lafayette Wrestling. If interested,  please see him or myself. Once the event is over, he will have a website they will be posted to. 

Remote weigh in at tates creek tonight is cancelled.  If you were going to weigh in there, please email coachteater@yahoo.com or call/text 859-797-2105. Sorry for late notice and inconvenience 

Already had over 70 register 13 and older!

Onine is closed, but you can come to Male hs tomorrow night between 530-730 to register and weigh in

Almost 1am and I've finished pools. Please remember tomorrow that myself and Coach McCoy of Male did what we thought was best to make pools. We tried to get kids matched up with similar wrestlers and tried to get everyone as many matches as possible. 

Looking forward to a great tournament tomorrow. We are in the small gym at Male. We apologize in advance for our small space, but on short timing we found out the big gym did not have air conditioning.  Once again, please have understanding.  

Thank you and look forward to a great day

I saved all results and will post mon/tues...need a day to rest, lol. 

Thx to everyone for coming out and to the Male coaching staff and Parents. 

22 hours ago, coachteater said:

Almost 1am and I've finished pools. Please remember tomorrow that myself and Coach McCoy of Male did what we thought was best to make pools. We tried to get kids matched up with similar wrestlers and tried to get everyone as many matches as possible. 

Looking forward to a great tournament tomorrow. We are in the small gym at Male. We apologize in advance for our small space, but on short timing we found out the big gym did not have air conditioning.  Once again, please have understanding.  

Thank you and look forward to a great day

Just want to give a big shout out to Coach Teater and the Male Coaching Staff for all their efforts in making this event happen. Great opportunity to get mat time and get better! Also thanks for allowing our club to promote our Champ Camp August 5th at Christian County HS. If you're interested in attending and want more information email me at dleavell053@gmail.com! You can register the day of.

Again thanks a lot, Coach Teater!

• Upvote 1