Sign in to follow this  
BootsN

Region 6 Team Race

Super pumped for the post season to start tonight!

SK wins the team title by 20 points in my opinion.  DH, WV, and Cooper will be battling for the runner-up trophy, as I am estimating a very close seperation of these three teams (+/- 5 points).  I believe the seeding holds true for the  majority of the weight classes.  However, I am going with Holub (138) and Bailey (195) from Cooper to outperfrom their 2nd seed position and be Regional Champions.  I modeled the seeding progression from a production perspective (only going out to 4th place) and awared the max points a wrestler could potentially earn for the championship rounds, while entering just placement points in the consi rounds to generate a point total.  With this assumption, SK starts the tournament with at least 171 points, WV and Cooper 147 points, and DH with 145 points.  Here are my predictions for the individual weight classes and the number of State Qualifiers from each school.

106 Scott, SK, WV, Cooper
113 Ryle, SK, WV, Conner
120 CC, WV, Cooper, SK 
126 WV, CC, Ryle, Scott 
132 SK, CC, Boone, Holmes
138 Cooper, DH, SK, Conner
145 Scott, SK, Ryle, Newport
152 Cooper, WV, SK, Newport
160 WV, DH, Scott, Cooper
170 SK, Cooper, WV, Scott
182 DH,SK, Cooper, Scott
195 Cooper, Ryle, Scott, DH
220 DH, SK, Ryle, CC
HVY DH, WV, Cooper, Newport

Team State Qualifiers
SK 10
Cooper 9
WV 8
Dixie 6
Scott 7
Ryle 5
CC 4
Newport 3
Conner 2
Boone 1
Holmes 1
CovCath 0

Edited by BootsN
Errors

That was a pretty good breakdown.  I also believe that the team race will be close all the way to the end. 

I would say that most of the picks you made look reasonable.  However, I could see 106,113,120,132,160,170, 220, and 285 going slightly different 1-4.  I see a bunch of coin flip matches that could go either way.  

Good luck to Cody and your team.  Should be a great weekend of wrestling!!!!

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, BootsN said:

Super pumped for the post season to start tonight!

SK wins the team title by 20 points in my opinion.  DH, WV, and Cooper will be battling for the runner-up trophy, as I am estimating a very close seperation of these three teams (+/- 5 points).  I believe the seeding holds true for the  majority of the weight classes.  However, I am going with Holub (138) and Bailey (195) from Cooper to outperfrom their 2nd seed position and be Regional Champions.  I modeled the seeding progression from a production perspective (only going out to 4th place) and awared the max points a wrestler could potentially earn for the championship rounds, while entering just placement points in the consi rounds to generate a point total.  With this assumption, SK starts the tournament with at least 171 points, WV and Cooper 147 points, and DH with 145 points.  Here are my predictions for the individual weight classes and the number of State Qualifiers from each school.

106 Scott, SK, WV, Cooper
113 Ryle, SK, WV, Conner
120 CC, WV, Cooper, SK 
126 WV, CC, Ryle, Scott 
132 SK, CC, Boone, Holmes
138 Cooper, DH, SK, Conner
145 Scott, SK, Ryle, Newport
152 Cooper, WV, SK, Newport
160 WV, DH, Scott, Cooper
170 SK, Cooper, WV, Scott
182 DH,SK, Cooper, Scott
195 Cooper, Ryle, Scott, DH
220 DH, SK, Ryle, CC
HVY DH, WV, Cooper, Newport

Team State Qualifiers
SK 10
Cooper 8
WV 6
Dixie 6
Scott 6
Ryle 4
CC 3
Newport 3
Conner 2
Boone 1
Holmes 1
CovCath 0

You missed a couple of Scott's seeded wrestlers.  Scott has the 3 seed at 120 (Seth Lutes) who is a top 10 kid and has already beaten Cooper and SK's 120, and the 2 seed at 220 Nathan Justice who has wins over everyone but Dixie's 220.  By seeding, Scott should send 8 to State, and should be in the mix for regional titles at 106, 145, and 195 (which is a mess, as all the top 4 have taken turns beating each other...any of those four could end up as the champ).  Scott will definitely be in the mix with the other schools you mentioned.

Well...let's just say that I am in Operations for a reason...better leave the forecasting tools to the smart folks!  I owe you that Coke Dutch:lol:

Man, what a tourney so far.  SK is rolling...WV is rolling as well.  There is 1/2 point separating these teams.  SK with 9 in the Championship Semi's, WV with 8.  106 and 113 are head to head matches with both schools. 120 has both teams in the mix, SK on the side of CC (1 seed).  126 WV, 132 SK, 138 SK, 145 SK, 152 both teams here, SK on the side of Cooper (1 seed), 160 WV, 170 both schools here, 182 SK, then at 285 WV.  The remaining teams and the number of wrestlers as semi-finalists are below:

Looking forward to some excellent matches tomorrow.  I think WV will advance 7 to the Championship Finals and SK will advance 5.  

Team Semifinalists Remaining
SK 9
Scott 9
WV 8
Dixie 7
Cooper 5
Ryle 5
Newport 5
CC 4
Conner 1
Boone 1
Holmes 1
CovCath 1

23 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

You missed a couple of Scott's seeded wrestlers.  Scott has the 3 seed at 120 (Seth Lutes) who is a top 10 kid and has already beaten Cooper and SK's 120, and the 2 seed at 220 Nathan Justice who has wins over everyone but Dixie's 220.  By seeding, Scott should send 8 to State, and should be in the mix for regional titles at 106, 145, and 195 (which is a mess, as all the top 4 have taken turns beating each other...any of those four could end up as the champ).  Scott will definitely be in the mix with the other schools you mentioned.

I do not think Simon Kenton is alone at the top Walton Verona has beaten them in tournaments this year and did better against shared comp in Duals and have had the lead in this tournament numerous times already.

Walton Verona in first  ahead of Simon Kenton by 51.5 points currently it appears as if Walton Verona will run away with reg 6 by a LARGE margin.

WV with 7 in finals SK with 4 ADVANTAGE WV but SK with more on the backend consolations ADVANTAGE SK.

Match of the night will beYenter vs Moore.

4 hours ago, Phenom2x said:

Walton Verona in first  ahead of Simon Kenton by 51.5 points currently it appears as if Walton Verona will run away with reg 6 by a LARGE margin.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. SK took the lead. Could come down to the HWY match. 

• Upvote 1

Yep SK by 8.5 takes the win Ruber leading in 3rd period people  yelling for pin gets pinned himself ....not smart now he is lower seed at state in a bigger tourney where in circumstances where WV has beaten SK this year difference being at state theres seeds and qualifiers will now play a bigger factor .I could still see Walton Verona placing higher than SK they should be the second best small school in the state easily but giving up a spot and a seed going for a pin is not the wise choice .

Then again I would have went for it IF a pin would have won and I'm not sure and do not think WV would have won even if Ruber had pinned in finals, SK had more in consos and WV had a  guy or 3 lose a match they should have won as everyone does  and it's all it took.

Congrats to SK and Cornett in particular he's a stud and a great rep for KY .

WV Will be pretty stacked next yr with at least 3 serious title contenders and with SK losing a couple and Ryle and Campbell County in rebuilding stages as well as losing some studs next yr will look much the same except WV will have more Champs than they did this year I would guess double than what they had this year.

Sad seing some studs on Campbell County's  team being let down by some of their teammates who underperform most likely do to not following the example of Wells and Yenter  and those that came before them makes you wonder what they were doing the last few years while everyone else was working hard all year .

match of the day was not Moore vs Yenter but Wells vs Roth.

I would guess Cornet is OWS.

My thoughts on the region 6 tournament. Standouts.

106 Pye: I see a kid that has the physic and athleticism to be a state champ.  He thoroughly impressed me. I will be following him closely at state.

120: very even match with Wells and Roth.  Roth has the potential to get to the finals.  Wells looks to be ready to cash in as well and finally win a state championship.

126: Moore & yenter: both very even.  I saw a takedown and near fall not called.  Want to see this match up again.

145: noah duke: impressed.  He reminds me of another talented middle schooler who won a regional championship.  Though I thought 145 was quite week in this region.  I will be anxious to see if he can handle the pressure of the hs state atmosphere.  Can the young gun place when the pressure is on.

152: cody huston: haven't seen a more sound wrestler technically than him this year in any weight class.  Brown and smallwood better bring it at state.

160: masons a beast.  Can't wait to see him dominate at state.

170: cornett: congrats to Casey.  I think he's a 2 timer.

• Upvote 2