VisionQuest

State Duals Updates

Please post state dual updates.  Scores, weight drops, and comments about matches would be greatly appreciated.  Little under the weather and not able to attend.  Thanks and Good Luck.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, VisionQuest said:

Please post state dual updates.  Scores, weight drops, and comments about matches would be greatly appreciated.  Little under the weather and not able to attend.  Thanks and Good Luck.

You can keep up to date on trackwrestling.com everything is available except video.  

28 minutes ago, HawkeyeX125 said:

Union 18- St. X 4 going into 138

Should be some stellar match ups in that one. Wow. Tons of guys right next to each other in the rankings on that one, don't get that often in a dual. 

Union should win it though. 

I can look up the scores but as I suspected from the draws Walton Verona ends up in 3rd small school and had a much better score against Union than the #2 small school and even the #1 large school it seems .!!!!!

• Upvote 2

With it pretty obvious and brought up before hand it seems like they could have had them opposite Union but it doesn't really matter the champs win in the end but the comparison it gives between WV and the big school champs is interesting WV doesn't even field a full team and gives up 6 or more to begin with .

• Upvote 2

Big thanks to Coach Ruff and the Lindsey Wilson wrestling program for putting on such a great event. Great day of wrestling for KY. Also greatly appreciate all the great coaches in our State. Changing lives daily through the best sport on earth.  God bless you all, stay healthy, see you all at State!!!

• Upvote 3

Sounds like there were some great matchups at the duals yesterday. Would have liked to have seen Sheffer and Johnson go at it. I believe we all knew Union was going to take the state title again and not surprised they dismantled everyone in the process doing it. It will be interesting to see how the team score ends up at State. Best of luck to everyone at regions and state. God bless all the young men and ladies as the real fight begins for that state title.  

Great weekend of wrestling. Congrats to Union County on a very impressive performance. Also, side note, it seemed to me that some teams didn't have full lineups here at the one tournament you need a full lineup to succeed. For example, I felt Ryle was missing a couple pieces and they came out of a tough region in region 6. Anyone know why there were some holes in the lineup? I know off topic but once again GREAT WEEKEND FOR KY WRESTLING 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NewbieFan said:

Great weekend of wrestling. Congrats to Union County on a very impressive performance. Also, side note, it seemed to me that some teams didn't have full lineups here at the one tournament you need a full lineup to succeed. For example, I felt Ryle was missing a couple pieces and they came out of a tough region in region 6. Anyone know why there were some holes in the lineup? I know off topic but once again GREAT WEEKEND FOR KY WRESTLING 

It's the way it is in any sport with regions/divisions, etc. Some are just far more competitive than others some years and then some have down years. For instance, Woodford and Oldham's region this year, to go to State Duals you have to beat either of those teams and that's a pretty tall task this year. 

• Upvote 2