Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Region 1 Rankings 1/25/17

Grades? What Grades? I don't need to grade papers, you do! I have a short gap in my time and I can try and go through and update rankings. Like I've told a couple people rankings at this time of year it is really just shifting someone up or done after a dual meet result. I'll try to catch what I can but without everything uploaded to track I am flying blind in certain situations. Some untracked results I've heard I'm looking in to and if I get something concrete in confirming it I'll edit rankings if I have to in order to keep them accurate.

1. Zeke Escelera, Union County (1)
2. Daniel Knight, Christian County (2)
3. Keaton Elliot, Calloway County (3)
4. Dylan Walls, Caldwell County (4)
5. Nathanial Jenkins, McCracken County (5)
6. JaRon Nicholas, Hoptown (6)

Nothing to report, hoping to see Knight get up to 100% to really give Escelera a battle. Walls seems solid in 4th right now but you never know come regional time

1. Gabe Adams, Union County (2)
2. Austin Grant-Hall, Christian County (1)
3. Ethan Furtrell, Trigg County (3)
4. Eli Peyton, McCracken County (4)
5. Jack Probus, Ohio County (5)
6. Semaj Kimbrough, Caldwell County (UR)

I know there's been rumblings about Grant-Hall but I'm keeping him in for now similar to what I did for Orr. By any means Adams picked up the big one over Grant-Hall moving him into first. Also of note Kimbrough is Caldwell's 113 instead of Walls. 4th place may end up an interesting battle between Peyton and Probus but McCracken appears to be peaking at the right time.

1. Sam Bacon, Union County (1)
2. Devonta Turner, Trigg County (2)
3. Jakerion Merritt, Christian County (3)
4. Ray Hamilton, Paducah Tilghman (4)
5. Ethan Wells, UHA (5)
6. Shane Grey, Ohio County (6)

No results here that I noticed, 3-6 will be tough

1. Payne Carr, Union County (2)
2. Dylan Martin, McCracken County (1)
3. Nick Dickerson, Calloway County (3)
4. Ishmael Griffie, Christian County (3@132)
5. Isaac Aguier, Trigg County (4)
6. Logan Lee, Fort Campbell (UR)

Griffie drops drown from 132 and I'm a little stuck where to put him because it doesn't look like he has wrestled Aguier. Since he is dropping down I will give him the advantage but the 4th place spot has gotten very interesting. Throwing Lee in to fill out the weight class. Updated to reflect Carr and Pogue over Martin

1. Saul Ervin, Union County (1)
2. Cameron Dearmond, Hoptown (2)
3. David Conner, McCracken County (4)
4. Jordan Snyder, Trigg County (5)
5. Damien Crisp, Fort Campbell (6)
6. Tristan Tinsley, Caldwell County (UR)

With Griffie dropping down this weight class looks a bit more open behind Saul but Dearmond is looking for 3+ wins at state himself

1. Bryce Sheffer, Union County (1)
2. Kestin McClain, McCracken County (3)
3. Louie Regaldo, Fort Campbell (2)
4. Kaleb O'Campo, Caldwell County (4)
5. Joe Fernandez, Christian County (5)
6. Angus Bruce, Trigg County (UR)

McClain picks up a (minor) decision win over Regaldo improving the argument that he's part of that tier below Sheffer fighting for a state finals slot. That is a match up we should see again at regionals and should be one of the top semifinal matches to watch.

1. Chance Oxford, Union County (1)
2. Colin Stevens, Trigg County (2@152)
3. Zlatko Skuljan, Hoptown (2)
4. Cameron Coleman, Christian County (3)
5. Rey Vela, Fort Campbell (4)
6. Justin Crabtree, Trigg County (5)

Stevens drops down and makes the region title sit between himself, Oxford, and Skuljan. Coleman hasn't wrestled for nearly a month and I debated taking him out. By any means Coleman or no Coleman this is one of the toughest weight classes from top to bottom in the region. There are people outside of the top 6 here who would be top 6 in other weight classes

1. Micah Ervin, Union County (1)
2. Jack Hanes, Calloway County (3)
3. Seth Slayton, Caldwell County (4)
4. Malik Cunningham, Trigg County (6@160)
5. Johnathan Bowling, McCracken County (UR)
6. Bailey Conley, Fort Campbell (5)

Stevens dropping to 145 leaves Hanes and Ervin as the undisputed top two in the region. But the 3-6 spot is pretty wide open.

1. Dylan Gray, Caldwell County (1)
2. Corbin Ryder, Fort Campbell (2)
3. Antonio Abren, Christian County (3)
4. Landon Moore, Union County (4)
5. Trevor Tilley, McCracken County (5)
6. Alex Spears, Trigg County (UR)

Gray, Ryder, and Abren appear to be peaking at the right time to be dangerous come that state tournament.

1. Diion Leavell, Christian County (1)
2. Matthias Ervin, Union County (2)
3. Ethan Tomerlin, Fort Campbell (4)
4. Logan Deasal, McCracken County (3)
5. Kolby Morris, Hoptown (5)
6. John Predes, Caldwell County (6)

I'm going to make a bit of an educated guess here. Track says that "Ethan Benns" who hasn't wrestled for Fort Campbell all year pinned Deasal while Ethan Tomerlin mysteriously sat out. So until I'm told otherwise I'm going to assume that was an Ethan mixup and give Tomerlin the nod over Deasal. I'm very unused to seeing so much talent grouped at the upper weights. Confirmed to be Tomerlin.

1. Avery Buckman, Union County (1)
2. Katayvon Anthony, Hoptown (2)
3. Niko Bussell, Christian County (3)
4. Colton Stoner, Trigg County (4)
5. Josh Efinger, Calloway County (UR)
6. Jesus Avila, Fort Campbell (5)

Top 3 tough with Buckman looking for an upset in the state finals. Fourth place is a really solid battle between 3-4 kids.

1. David Woods, Calloway County (1)
2. Ross Hicks, Union County (2@220)
3. Nick Owens, Hoptown (4)
4. Raequan Lester, Paducah Tilghman (2)
5. Raven Knight, Christian County (5)
6. Dylan Lynn, Ohio County (6)

It appears Knight may be injured which is unfortunate. Hicks is back down to 195 and I am uncertain on him being in the second spot since he was first before I moved him up. Owens has been wrestling really well so I move him up to the third with the added note he may win the region.

1. Colby Culver, Calloway County (1)
2. Jackson Fitzgerald, Paducah Tilghman (3)
3. Deion Lane, Hoptown (4)
4. Markus Green, Christian County (5)
5. John Fuqua, Union County (UR)
6. Andrew Pottle, Ohio County (UR)

Culver remains undefeated in state as he eyes Calloway's first state title. A solid pair of Fitzgerald and Lane sit behind him in the region and even if they may not be able to unseat him they are still dangerous statewide.

1. David Nikolao, Fort Campbell (1)
2. Payton Snyder, Union County (2)
3. Gavynn Davis, McCracken County (3)
4. Seth Riley, Christian County (4)
5. Jay Emerson, Calloway County (5)

Is there a 6th heavyweight in the region?

Team Rankings

Coming Soon

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wky said:

Retry sure both unions 126 kids beat the McCracken kid in the last month 

That is what I was subtly trying to get at. Can't fault him if the results aren't on track tho. That would be Pogue and Carr right? Thanks for the rankings Falcon. 

Is it true that Ohio County's 145 picked up wins on Hoptown and Fort Campbell yesterday? Will the Regional tournament be two days or one? I know most of the weights are not full but the five-match rule could hit one or two of the weights maybe?

With Stevens dropping to 145 and Cunningham to 152, where does that leave Crabtree? You have both him and Stevens ranked at 145.

And Great Job on the rankings.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:36 PM, DrBaker said:

Is Woods hurt?

No. Woods is not hurt, nor injured. He sat out @ the Dragon Invitational after being clinically diagnosed with the Flu.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mac00135 said:

With Stevens dropping to 145 and Cunningham to 152, where does that leave Crabtree? You have both him and Stevens ranked at 145.

And Great Job on the rankings.

Did I seriously do that? I'm disappointed in myself, that's why Ohio County was out too, I was really frustrated because I felt he was too good to be out of the top 6

Justin came to me after the county match and we talked and we have decided that the best for his long term is for him to stop wrestling. At regionals last year he hurt his knee pretty badly. he wrestle most of the year hurt last year. we started to see signs again of him just pushing through it this year. So as a dad we have decided it was best for him. So Crabtree at 145 is out. We can't wait to go to regionals this year to support all the kids. Good luck and God bless you all!

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:47 PM, FalconWrestling said:

1. David Nikolao, Fort Campbell (1)
2. Payton Snyder, Union County (2)
3. Gavynn Davis, McCracken County (3)
4. Seth Riley, Christian County (4)
5. Jay Emerson, Calloway County (5)

Is there a 6th heavyweight in the region?

Fulton City has a HVY that will be in the mix for #4

3 hours ago, Note_taker45 said:

Justin came to me after the county match and we talked and we have decided that the best for his long term is for him to stop wrestling. At regionals last year he hurt his knee pretty badly. he wrestle most of the year hurt last year. we started to see signs again of him just pushing through it this year. So as a dad we have decided it was best for him. So Crabtree at 145 is out. We can't wait to go to regionals this year to support all the kids. Good luck and God bless you all!

That is a shame to hear. Good luck to him in his future endeavors!