Sign in to follow this  
gameface

Schools with the most college wrestlers in last 20 years

I've looked everywhere to try and find what schools in Kentucky have placed the most wrestlers into College wrestling. NAIA to D1 in the last 20 years. Who better to ask but the experts! Please share your knowledge. This should be fun!

Union off the top of my head:

Jason Walls, Josh Walls, Derek Trowbridge?, George King?, Aaron Carr, Jarvis Elam, Diante Wright, Keaton Thomas, Isaac Thomas, Isaac Ervin, Caleb Ervin, Brock Ervin, Thomas Buckman, Rashaud Wilkins, Raynel Brown, Bryce Sheffer (signed LOI with SIU), Jayce Carr. I'm sure I am missing someone.

Edit: Forgot Trae Blackwell at Oklahoma right now. 

• Upvote 2

No where near the most buy at Harrison County: we had a few boys wrestle for Morehead back in the late 70's I believe, Mike Brown (UK), Kevin Case (Cumberland College), Roy Gibbs (University of Indianapolis), Derrick Collins (Carson Newman) Ryan Ross (Campbellsville), Travis Aubrey (Campbellsville), Beau Sanders (University of the Cumberlands), Andy Lenz (Lindsey Wilson), Josh Moss (Lindsey Wilson), Colin Coy (Campbellsville), Brandon Barnett (Campbellsville), Mason Fryman (NWCA NKU), myself: Josh Ashbrook (Campbellsville).

56 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

Last 20 years only goes back to 1996. 

Would that only include people who graduated in 1996, or people still competing in college in 1996, who would've graduated earlier than that?

Its funny that 20 years wasn't that long ago. lol. That cuts out friends that I wrestled with that went to college to wrestle, Greg Woodring, Perry Pike. 

It could go back more than 20 years. I just wanted to see the list of wrestlers that went on to wrestle the next level. I am with Ryle and know that they've had a lot of success putting boys in college programs. Simon Kenton, Campbell County, Union County, Woodford were all the first that came to mind. 

Ryle wrestlers I know of: Kyle Ruschell, TJ Ruschell-(Wisconsin), Mason Reed (Mich. St.), Conner Coyle (Naval Academy) Michael Osborne (Air Force Academy), Bryan Peace (Princeton) Jake Bradford, Court Mace, Gus Adams( Lindsay Wilson), Logan Erdman (Campbellsville) Jake Erdman (Thomas More), 

• Upvote 1