Sign in to follow this  
EAST

Tyler's Status

Mike Frankrone has asked me to give a update on Tyler's condition to hep avoid any confusion. At the region tournament he suffered a shouder injury. On Monday an MRI was order and the results showed a tear of his Pectoralis Major Muscle (Chest Muscle). After several consults it has been determined that the shoulder would be susceptible to injury or possible tear if he competed this weekend. With his plans to wrestle in college the risk out weighs the reward at this point. The bottom line is Tyler will not be competing with weekend.

We wish Tyler a speedy recovering and can't wait to see him in college.

Coach Wheeler

• Upvote 2

Hate to hear this, but he's going further than Kentucky wrestling. Best of luck to Tyler and it has been a pleasure watching him over the years. 

So sorry Tyler's injury is so severe. We hate that he cannot compete at State but we all know he will go far regardless. Prayers for a speedy recovery so he can be strong for college!

Frankrone is the sort of talent that he probably would've made it very far in state with just one arm. I remember immediately after the match where Frankrone was injured ended I turned to one of the other coaches and said I hope Tyler doesn't wrestle at state and focuses on healing up. He has nothing left to prove and myself, along with many others in the commonwealth just want to see him succeed in college. 

• Upvote 2