wrestlingfan03

Team KY Youth 2016

On 2/8/2016 at 11:23 PM, WkyPounder said:

I was wondering if there was a qualifier for the middle school team?

On 2/8/2016 at 3:51 AM, Chris Duke said:

Yes the state tournament

WkyPounder, don't mind Chris Duke.  He's still basking in the success of his son.  If you will, note the post by Coach Carr.  They are working on it.  As you will see, winning middle school state will not automatically qualify one.  There will be a process to ensure that KY puts together the best team we possibly can to compete at the National tournaments.  

Thank you REscalera.  I have not seen his son wrestle, but he is obviously a very good wrestler. The reason for the question was that we live in the most western part of the state we never wrestle the other northern Ky kids. We mostly travel to Illinois and Tennessee which are closer but also very competitive. I was hoping that there would be a qualifier and at the least some fill in spots that we could try to compete for. I know that we qualified in 2014 and that it was a awesome experience for him. He was injured last year and this year he was interested in trying out for the team again 

5 hours ago, REscalera said:

WkyPounder, don't mind Chris Duke.  He's still basking in the success of his son.  If you will, note the post by Coach Carr.  They are working on it.  As you will see, winning middle school state will not automatically qualify one.  There will be a process to ensure that KY puts together the best team we possibly can to compete at the National tournaments.  

What Coach Carr said makes sense and I agree with it.  If a kid was in the bracket then I thought it went to the higher placer like in previous years.  Basking is my son's success????  I don't think so.  When it comes to Team KY I think it should be built from the bottom up and if the youth and middle school travel somewhere together he will be with the elementary.  For what its worth I don't see us traveling with Team Ky this year.  VA Beach over Memorial Day is a better draw with a lot of the same kids.