halfhalfhalf

Girls wrestling

If there are enough female competitors I'm sure coach Miracle at Campbellsville wouldn't mind hosting an all female "state" tournament. I think that would be great promotion for his program. We could easily invite girls from all the surrounding states. It just has to be advertised well in advance. 

• Upvote 1

Campbellsville women's team is hosting a match at Campbellsville on Thursday Feb 4th.  Bring your girls out to see what wrestling in college is like. Wrestling starts at 7:00pm.

BTW...Women in college wrestle freestyle rules. 

Priscilla Brownfield from Campbell County was one heck of a female wrestler.  I saw her make many a young man weep.  I believe she was the first female wrestler to qualify for the state tournament. Maybe in 2007??

1 hour ago, Wildblueeyes said:

Priscilla Brownfield from Campbell County was one heck of a female wrestler.  I saw her make many a young man weep.  I believe she was the first female wrestler to qualify for the state tournament. Maybe in 2007??

sounds about right. She was really good. 

Starting a girls state is a great idea that we should move forward with. Schools need to start promoting girls wrestling and we can start this next year. I have done some research and there are only 6 or 7 states that have a girls state so this would be a big step in the right direction. At nationals they wrestle fils type but in college they wrestle freestyle. im excited everyone is very supportive of this idea. 

Wasn't there a girl from KY that was nationally ranked for girls?  Wrestled for South Oldham I believe in the early 2000s.