pin2win

Question

If a kid bumps up to wrestle two weight classes above their certified/weighed-in weight class does that forfeit their certification at that lower weight.

Ex. Kid weighs in at 106, but bumps up to wrestle 120. 

Would that wrestle be eligible to go back to 106?

In your example, the kid shouldn't have been able to wrestle 120.

"A contestant shall not wrestle more than one weight class above that class for which the actual weight, at the time of weigh-in, qualifies the competitor" - NFHS Rules Book

If that wrestler weighs in at 112, even if he weighs 106, he can still bump to 120. His decent plan determines when & if  he can go back to 106.

If the weights have s gone to 108 after Christmas, he could weigh in at 109 and wrestle 120.  That is because at weighing in at 109 you have to wrestle 113 (115).  You can wrestle one weight class above what you weighed in for.  By being only one pond over for 106 (108) his weight decent plan should allow him to weigh 108 the next week and wrestle 106 (108).

Saw something similar to this happen today.

A kid from Doss, who weighed in at 160-something, tried to bump up to 182 and face LaRue's Matt Steven in their dual in the final. I knew kids could bump up, but didn't realize it was just limited to a one-weight jump.

2 hours ago, Josh_Claywell said:

Saw something similar to this happen today.

A kid from Doss, who weighed in at 160-something, tried to bump up to 182 and face LaRue's Matt Steven in their dual in the final. I knew kids could bump up, but didn't realize it was just limited to a one-weight jump.

Yes that's correct, you can only wrestle up one weight class above what you are weighed in for.

The Nature Boy says everyone knows you can only bump up one class from your weigh in weight and in most states if you bump up 2 you lose your lowest weight class .

Arn and Tully used to take on Sting and Lex and gave up a few weight classes and when I whooped Dusty and Race all over Georgia and Charlotte I gave up a few weight classes but there are not any Horsemen left the last one graduated last year and it will be a while till the next one rides in .

• Downvote 1