Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Middle School Rankings 2015/16 - JANUARY 8

MS results have been tough to come by, but I've had some help to make a number of changes the last couple weeks.  Still trying to sort out the River City lineup for rankings purposes as I know their club has a number of kids from Indiana competing with them.  Please keep me straight if I rank an Indiana kid or have removed a KY kid (I may have assumed they were IN).  The goal here is to project a state tournament finish, so I don't want to include IN kids.

Yost removed from rankings as I am hearing he will focus his time and efforts at the HS level.  There could be a couple other kids who fall into this category.

Club team race looks to be exciting.  WV, Ryle, River City, and Union all looking tough.

I hope these big kids compete with Team KY this year.  We have some tough kids up there.

WR Rankings 2015_16 Middle School JAN82016.pdf

21 minutes ago, Zmartin152 said:

Zach Martin has only lost One or Two matches since the last update, but he went down 2 rankings.

Yes, because a couple new kids were added near the top including #1 Shackelford.

Tates creek has a 70 to keep an eye on. Jonathan gilbert. I believe we have beat the rowdy kid from CWA. Gilbert only lost was to a tough Wayne County kid. We haven't wrestled a ton of tournaments , but hopefully he will do well in post season. 

Klemmer Nicodemus wrestles for Ohio County, haven't seen Zeke Hatfield or Dustin Barr this season at 140 and have been at two or three events that Ohio and Meade County were represented.

• Upvote 1

Nolan Banfield for McNabb at 72 should be good if he makes weight... his only losses were against ranked wrestlers at 75 and 80.. Btw he's my son.. so I root for him to get ranked... lol..District and Regional coming up, so the cream will always rise to the top..good luck to all the wrestlers...they all work hard..

• Upvote 2

On January 8, 2016 at 9:55:22 PM, tytrever said:

Klemmer Nicodemus wrestles for Ohio County, haven't seen Zeke Hatfield or Dustin Barr this season at 140 and have been at two or three events that Ohio and Meade County were represented.

Hatfield from ohio no longer wrestling

Mcnabb went to larue this weekend

Nolan banfeild won all his matches beat rowdy from carr

morgan martin won all his

keegan Campbell went 2-2 coaches said this kid has a heart of a lion (thanks that made his lost easier seeing that other coaches noticed he did not give up)

tatum Campbell is out rest of season due to injury he will be there to root his team on

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elliston3 said:

Samuel Elliston from Conner has beaten the 10th seed Rictor Morgan and still is ranked below him. How does this work?

Morgan pinned Elliston at the Woodland Rumble in the Semi-finals, and I know Ranger did receive those results, so that might explain why Morgan was ranked higher.

• Upvote 1

I would like for everyone to know that I am very proud of my son Will Horschler.  He took first place at the 152 bracket at Districts.  Good luck to everyone next weekend!

15 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

Morgan pinned Elliston at the Woodland Rumble in the Semi-finals, and I know Ranger did receive those results, so that might explain why Morgan was ranked higher.

Good catch there coach. You can't forget the losses. 

On January 8, 2016 at 10:36:58 AM, Ranger123 said:

MS results have been tough to come by, but I've had some help to make a number of changes the last couple weeks.  Still trying to sort out the River City lineup for rankings purposes as I know their club has a number of kids from Indiana competing with them.  Please keep me straight if I rank an Indiana kid or have removed a KY kid (I may have assumed they were IN).  The goal here is to project a state tournament finish, so I don't want to include IN kids.

Yost removed from rankings as I am hearing he will focus his time and efforts at the HS level.  There could be a couple other kids who fall into this category.

Club team race looks to be exciting.  WV, Ryle, River City, and Union all looking tough.

I hope these big kids compete with Team KY this year.  We have some tough kids up there.

WR Rankings 2015_16 Middle School JAN82016.pdf

Will there be new middle school rankings posted?

can anyone link me to all middle school district results 

28 minutes ago, ALLamerican said:

Will there be new middle school rankings posted?

can anyone link me to all middle school district results 

I think Ranger typically updates after Regionals.  That's when things will really start to come into focus.

I believe all the district results (or their links on track) have been posted here on the site.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

I think Ranger typically updates after Regionals.  That's when things will really start to come into focus.

I believe all the district results (or their links on track) have been posted here on the site.

Thank you. I'm very new to the site and have been trying to navigate it. I've only been able to find a few results.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah early next week I will update. Saw a lot of new names at district and region will give us a good chance to see where those kids fall in the pecking order. Or at least a good guess. 

On 1/18/2016, 7:01:01, rjs4470 said:

This is true, but has Morgan lost any matches since the Woodland Rumble?

I know you want to see your kid's name get some recognition, but pleading your case on here isn't the way to do it. Let him prove himself at regions and State and he will land right where he is supposed to. Ranking are just fun to look at. In the great words of Terry Brands's father, "you get what you earn."

1 hour ago, Elliston3 said:

This is true, but has Morgan lost any matches since the Woodland Rumble?

Don't know.  You asked why Rictor was ranked and Elliston wasn't.  I provided a head to head result where Rictor not only beat Elliston, but pinned him.  If that was their last meeting, there is nothing else to really argue about.  Unless Elliston has beaten other kids above Morgan (and I don't know, maybe he has), then based on head to head, Morgan should be ranked ahead, especially considering he also beat a very good kid from Perry Meridian to win that tournament.  I also happen to know at this point it's moot, because Morgan was unable to wrestle in districts.

Rankings are not an exact science.  And really, if you haven't beaten any ranked kids (and I don't know whether Elliston has or hasn't) or won any really competitive events, then you likely won't get ranked.  I've seen kids with 30-1 records that can't score a point on any of the top 2 or 3 kids.  And usually in middle school the difference between the top 2 or 3 kids in a weight class and the next 7 or 8 is huge.  

Either way, with Region coming up, and then state, any unranked kid will have an opportunity to be ranked when it counts.  How you finish at the end is more important than where you are ranked on January 8th.

• Upvote 2

How many middle school districts are there in ky?

how many districts are in each region?

how many regions?

I've looked but not east to find answers to. Much more info on high school.

2 minutes ago, ALLamerican said:

How many middle school districts are there in ky?

how many districts are in each region?

how many regions?

I've looked but not east to find answers to. Much more info on high school.

8 districts, top 4 from each district

4 regions, top 4 from each region. 

8 man bracket at regions

16 man bracket at state. 

2 hours ago, Chris Duke said:

8 districts, top 4 from each district

4 regions, top 4 from each region. 

8 man bracket at regions

16 man bracket at state. 

Thank you for the info. Now just trying to find the results for districts 2, 5, 6, 7. Would like to see what the path looks like ahead.

4 minutes ago, ALLamerican said:

Thank you for the info. Now just trying to find the results for districts 2, 5, 6, 7. Would like to see what the path looks like ahead.

Results from those districts are posted here on the site in this forum.  Shouldn't be hard to find.