Sign in to follow this  
BootsN

GMVA (Seeds)

The Kentucky boys are killing it right now....Walton's big trio of Roth, Moore, and Smith, Male's Brown, Simon Kenton Castellano and Cornett, Ryle's Brossard and Erdman, CC's Yenter, Wells, and Graziani all in the Qtrs.  

Several still alive in the consolation rounds:  Peace (WV), Rivera (Moore), Barrett (CC), McMillin (WV), Garcia (Male), Jackson (SK), 

Excellent Showing thus far! 

• Upvote 1

Thanks Supernat...

Certainly did not mean to discount Mr. Chandler's accomplishment.  Oversight on my part.

Get it done today Kentucky...have fun and empty the tank every match.

• Upvote 1

Action coming up very soon.  I'm excited to see how many KY boys get to the semi's and if they can pull off some wins against Graham. 

Casey Cornett is going to shock the world and kick off Marinelli in the finals. You heard it here first.

Anyone got a link for track or any other way to follow along?

106 Roth (Walton) vs Brossart (Ryle) semi's

113 Yenter (CC)  Semi's

120 Wells (CC) (lost - pinned 1:45)

Moore (Walton) tf 17-2 vs Stickley (Graham) semi's

126 Castellano (SK) Semi's

132 Brown (Male) Semi's

138 Erdman (Ryle) Semi's

145 Smith (Walton) tf vs Rocky Jordan (Graham) Semi's

170 Cornett (SK)

Great tournament!  Our KY boys are looking good.  Brossart and Roth match was nail biting, came down to the last couple seconds where anything could have happened. Nice to see 2 Ky boys in the semi's together at such a good tournament.  Crace from Graham is a super legit freshman.  Yenter looked good, Craft is no joke from Northmont.  Horton wrestled extremely well, also losing to Craft and the #2 seed.  Ryno looked great, anytime you have a Graham kid man..... and Stickley is no exception.  I believe Ryno handles the other Craft from Northmont and Ryno should have been in the finals vs. Stickley instead of the semi's, criteria can be a bugger.  If Ranger can get Ryno to pull that trigger on a shot and offense, that match could easily have went the other way.  One of the kids I'm most impressed with, Castellano.  Man 2 big tourney's two finals appearances.  Wrestled very well in both tournaments and I believe this guy will put himself into position to see himself in the finals come Feb.  Zane Brown dominated all the way to the finals, falling to yet again another Graham boy.  Erdman wrestled well, dropped a tough one to a top ranked Ryan Ford from Covington who is super tough.  I think the loss woke him up and lit a fire under him, as he dominated and tech falled his next two opponents.  Those 2 performances were eye opening, and those 2 performances are what puts you on top in Feb. If he continues to wrestle like that, look out.  Mason wrestled amazing, Rocky Jordan is well.... another Jordan, and Graham kid lol.  But Mason battled, and came back for 3rd.  Demas gives you fireworks when he wrestles (if you have never had a chance to see Dom Demas wrestle, try to find some video, man......), arm spin to the back and inside leg trip put Rocky on his heels.  But, Mason battled back and handled Regan in the 3/4th place match, Regan is ranked 7th in Ohio D1.  Casey wrestled great.  Beating #3 Ranked (@182) Draper and wrestling tough against arguably the best pound for pound in the country Marianelli.  Marianelli pinned everyone except Casey, I think it was 15-7 score.  Casey is definitely on a mission.  Graziani wrestled tough getting 6th place.  And Chandler from Male looked good.  Losing to Frye who won the tournament and Smith of Xenia who is ranked 4th in Ohio Div. 1. 

For the most part a lot of our KY kids ended up running into Graham kids, and when you face one of the top teams in the country that can always be hard, but our kids battled and did great.  Overall a great tourney and showing. 

• Upvote 3

Erdman/Ford match.  Score was 4-3 late.  Ford was awarded 4 penalty points around the 30 sec mark of the final period.  Illegal Hold (bs) and 2 unsportsmanlike calls.  Score doesn't tell the story:)

9 minutes ago, PinAndWin said:

Erdman/Ford match.  Score was 4-3 late.  Ford was awarded 4 penalty points around the 30 sec mark of the final period.  Illegal Hold (bs) and 2 unsportsmanlike calls.  Score doesn't tell the story:)

I completely agree if im not mistaken it was the same hold he ised against pointer in finals at state last year correct?