Ranger123

Big Announcement is here

Wow, this looks to be a very exciting and challenging preseason tournament!  If possible could you list all the matches and what place each of the wrestlers finished at state last year? 

Q:  Why don't the kids just wrestle in the weight classes, they weight?

I don't see the need to give a weight allowance, does the super 32 give a weight allowance?

So what if he is in the next weight class up, from what he might wrestle in regular season.

Either way sound like a great event, hop to see a big turn out.

A lot of differences between this event and Super32, so I don't think you can compare, but the bottom line is we don't want weight to be a huge issue in participation. 

I totally understand the weight allowance for a pre-season event but this close to Super32 I can understand kids wanting to skip this exhibition at a higher weight if they're working on being at scratch weight soon after.

How will the dual be setup? Will the 152 and 160 Bs go first and then light to heavy? Or maybe we can vote on the order and have the "marquee" matches go at the end. Just wondering. 

Cutting weight safely and wanting to maintain it once you get there absolutely takes 4 weeks or longer. 

This is 4 weeks prior to Super32. Don't think one affects the other 

Edited by WristControl

Thus a weight allowance. 

Besides, how many kids do we have going to Super32?  Typically just a few. And at least a couple of those kids are generally making weight for other events as well. Just not understanding how getting within 5 pounds on Oct 4 is a major hurdle to making weight on Oct 30. Especially when most of these kids were asked to participate at least a month out. 

While i respect the heck out of what you are doing, I will say alot of people focus too much on tournaments and not enough on trianing. My philosophy has always been compete in a few big tournaments and train the rest of the time.  Cutting weight all year takes its toll on alot of kids.  Not all but a lot.

CAM....In response to your question about where the wrestlers competing in the 2015 Wrestling All-Star Classic placed in last years Kentucky State Tournament below is what I was able to find:

106:  Blake Roth - 8th @ 106
         Nate Wheeler - DNP @ 106
113:  Tylan Tucker - 3rd @ 106
          Michael Maltox - 5th @ 113
120:  Ryan Moore - 3rd @ 113
         Austin Cook - 6th @ 113
126:  Zane Brown - 2nd @ 120
         Joey Roberts - 3rd @ 120
132:  Keegan Duncan - STATE CHAMPION @ 132
         Jordan Monroe - 4th @ 126
138:  Angel Vasquez - STATE CHAMPION @ 138
         Trent Johnson - 4th @ 138
145:  Mason Smith - 3rd @ 132
         Jordan Kidwell - 7th @ 152
152A:  Brady Emerson - 3rd @ 138
           Andrew Bailey - DNP @ 145
152B:  Derrick Smallwood - 3rd @ 145
           Tristan Badida - 6th @ 152
160A:  Andrew Ackley - 2nd @ 152
           Max Andreoni - 2nd @ 145
160B:  Hudson Heidorf - 5th @ 145
           Raymond Williams - DNP @ 152
170:  Casey Cornett - 3rd @ 182
         Jonathan Little - 5th @ 160
182:  Elijah Allgeier - DNP 
         Max Emerson - 3rd @ 160
195: Tyler Frankrone - STATE CHAMPION @ 182
         Cael Sanderson - STATE CHAMPION/NCAA CHAMPION/OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL
220:  Brandon Reed - 2nd @ 220
         Colin Portman - 4th @ 195

Summary...3 State Champions, 22 State Placers and 4 DNP.  Sorry about reveling the "Special Guest"  Cael vs Tyler should be interesting!!!

Good stuff there. We will have a program page for those in attendance with this information and a little more. 

Tyler won't quite be wrestling Cael, but he will have a challenge. He will be wrestling Andrew Davison from Indiana who was a double cadet AA at Fargo this summer and USA folkstyle national champ. 

We will be there a bit early with weigh ins starting at noon, but that is a long time to sit in the gym waiting for wrestling to start. Bottom line, any time after noon you should be able to enter the gym. 

Heading over to John Hardin to watch the first (hopefully of many more to come each year) Ky. All Star Dual.  Great way to kick off the season.  Come out and watch most of Kentucky's top wrestlers battle it out.

Definitely doing a post event video. Give us a couple days as I am heading out of town for fall break with the family for a few days. 

Had a blast today. A lot of great matches with only 1 match not going the distance. All 30 of those kids came to wrestle. I can't wait to see how this grows in the years to come.