Ranger123

Big Announcement is here

We planned to record/post one from IHPO but it was way too hectic. Then Dutch went out of town for work. Hoping to get the next one up tonight. Maybe along with 106 and 120 we will do 220 and 152. 

what will the singlets look like, will there be a blue and red team? how will the wrestlers be divided? who will be coaching? sorry so many questions. 

Announcements tonight:

145 update - Oxford out Jordan Kidwell (Cooper) in

106 - Blake Roth (Walton-Verona) v Nate Wheeler (St Xavier)

120 - Ryan Moore (Walton-Verona) v Tucker Hurst (Woodford Co)

152 - Brady Emerson (Oldham Co) v Andrew Bailey (Cooper)

220 - Brandon Reed (Iroquois) v Colin Portman (North Oldham)

Next announcements Sunday will be 126, 132, additional 152 match, additional 160 match, 195

Lets be honest here this is never going to be a true allstar tournament as long as it is before the season.Just look at all the other sports and you will see that all their allstar tournaments are after the season.All you have to do is look at the entries- no ERVIN,SHEFFER,ERDMAN,BINDNER,FRANKRONE and some others.Some kids are just not ready in September and why should they? Most of their main goals is in FEBRUARY.AND why wrestle if your not ready and give a kid a mental edge.Love the idea but the timing is bad

• Downvote 3

Not sure everyone wants honest right now. The truth is how many of the kids you mention are "not ready". They all train year round. And if competition in October is such an issue why have you historically traveled to a number of tough preseason events during this same time frame?  Given that the best kids in the country routinely compete before their season in USA preseason nationals, grappler, super32, etc I don't buy the argument that kids aren't ready. I saw a bunch of our state's best go out this weekend and lay it on the line and not care what the date was. 

The bottom line is most of our state's brightest stars will be at John Hardin. Right now we aren't concerned with those who have chosen not to participate. In my mind it is their loss; I choose to focus on making this a great time for those who want to be there. If you aren't on board with that I suggest you stay home. 

Every one competing is in the top 5 multiple guys number 1 ranked guys sounds like an all-star showcase to me. If a guy doesn't want to compete that's understandable. Almost all of the guys ranked in the top ten compete year round he expressed 1 through 3 at every weight were invited so "not being ready" shouldn't be an excuse. Would it be nice to have guys like Saul and so on compete in it of course. Do I blame them if they dont want to give up any edge not really. Its not a bad timing issue its more of some kids dont care about giving up a preseason loss and want to put on a show in a nice event and some kids dont want to risk injury or a loss I guess I understand both sides.

Edited by tja

Not sure everyone wants honest right now. The truth is how many of the kids you mention are "not ready". They all train year round. And if competition in October is such an issue why have you historically traveled to a number of tough preseason events during this same time frame?  Given that the best kids in the country routinely compete before their season in USA preseason nationals, grappler, super32, etc I don't buy the argument that kids aren't ready. I saw a bunch of our state's best go out this weekend and lay it on the line and not care what the date was. 

The bottom line is most of our state's brightest stars will be at John Hardin. Right now we aren't concerned with those who have chosen not to participate. In my mind it is their loss; I choose to focus on making this a great time for those who want to be there. If you aren't on board with that I suggest you stay home. 

Like i said its a great idea but just the timing is bad.but if you think that practicing 3 days a week is the same as 6 or 7 your sadly mIstaken. I watched kids lIke Vega and Frankrone do very little in the off season but how did they do in FEB.

Lets be honest here this is never going to be a true allstar tournament as long as it is before the season.Just look at all the other sports and you will see that all their allstar tournaments are after the season.All you have to do is look at the entries- no ERVIN,SHEFFER,ERDMAN,BINDNER,FRANKRONE and some others.Some kids are just not ready in September and why should they? Most of their main goals is in FEBRUARY.AND why wrestle if your not ready and give a kid a mental edge.Love the idea but the timing is bad

But no one ever said this was going to be some great Mt Everest of accomplishments. So why does it matter if a kid is at his peak?  Was your kid at his peak at last years IHPO or grappler fall classic last year?  He wasn't practicing every day of the week so I guess not. So why did he go?  

This is a preseason fun event. A chance to scrap with another top kid around your weight and put on a show for the fans of Kentucky wrestling. No one's record will be affected or place in history will change based on this one match. 

This is going to be a great event great job with the guys you got. Hopefully these guys that aren't ready to wrestle now will be able to catch up by Feb to put on a good show then.

• Upvote 1

First off you have no idea how much my son is training. Plus did you see him entered at IHPO no because he was not practicing enough.Funny how you dont buy it but if you read your post about the finals you said if you were going 2-2-2 it would have been a different story.Why did you say that?because your son and almost all the kids that went to indiana were from etc.Etc has been practicing all summer and you felt like ryan was in better shape.and thats great i am not knocking them kids at all i wish aj would of been practicing but he like many other kids take a break plus he had an injury.There is nothing wrong with that.and yes he said he would wrestle in the allstar tournament but i advised him it was not a good idea with his lack of training.he has really picked it up now same as alot of other kids but as of right now its no secret that regulars at etc are in much better shape.

I don't usually say much about my own kids on here but I will respond with this. Yes my comment was Ryan wins a 2-2-2 match. But I guarantee you this he is nowhere near in-season shape. 

Didn't claim to know how much your kid trains. Just asked the question. Was he training 6 days a week last year when it was advisable to participate in multiple preseason events?

Well to answer your question its 5 days a week.they have conditioning now .he gets 5-2hr secessions every other weekend and he is getting some privates so he can be ready by oct.31st. Never believed in wrestling out of shape and he was gassed at bgsg and i would not pay money for a national for him to be in terrible shape

Plus if ryan is no where near mid season form and you all hit it pretty hard this summer then think about the kids that didn't do much? Thats my point. Great idea for a tournament but IMO just kind of bad timing. Maybe next year get some commitments early and all the kids will train and it will be even better to watch.